Jump to content

Braves at Cubs


Falconsfan567

Recommended Posts

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

I just don't get it. Once again Peter Bourjos enters the game in the 7th inning in place of Preston Tucker. WTF gives? Why not leave Adams in to play LF if you want "better defense" out there instead of burning another position player? Man I can't express my anger with Snitker.

Yes you can and have... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Malachore said:

What if we're in contention though?

That shouldn't matter. You need to do what is best for the Braves long-term future. That would be letting Soroka and Wright get experience this year at some point so they're ahead of the game come 2019. Sanchez and McCarthy don't have a spot on the Braves in 2019. Why hang onto them and not let our future guys get the experience they need?

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

That shouldn't matter. You need to do what is best for the Braves long-term future. That would be letting Soroka and Wright get experience this year at some point so they're ahead of the game come 2019. Sanchez and McCarthy don't have a spot on the Braves in 2019. Why hang onto them and not let our future guys get the experience they need?

Because we aren't rebuilding any longer. I'm not saying resign them but if the Braves were in a WC spot or super close I and lots of others wpuld be pretty pissed to see them sell off.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Malachore said:

Because we aren't rebuilding any longer. I'm not saying resign them but if the Braves were in a WC spot or super close I and lots of others wpuld be pretty pissed to see them sell off.

But the Braves still are rebuilding. Why blow in 2019 because we're waiting for Soroka and Wright to get used to pitching in the majors when 2019 is the year the Braves are supposed to return to contention? Why not let them get used to pitching in the majors in 2018 so that they hit the ground running in 2019 and can be a part of the Braves winning in 2019?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

But the Braves still are rebuilding. Why blow in 2019 because we're waiting for Soroka and Wright to get used to pitching in the majors when 2019 is the year the Braves are supposed to return to contention? Why not let them get used to pitching in the majors in 2018 so that they hit the ground running in 2019 and can be a part of the Braves winning in 2019?

I see your point but the rebuild has to be over now. They need to add some proven talent, I understand how good bpth Allard and Soroka can be but it's time to get this over with.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

But the Braves still are rebuilding. Why blow in 2019 because we're waiting for Soroka and Wright to get used to pitching in the majors when 2019 is the year the Braves are supposed to return to contention? Why not let them get used to pitching in the majors in 2018 so that they hit the ground running in 2019 and can be a part of the Braves winning in 2019?

Soroka will be on the big league team long before the trade deadline. I’d be surprised to see Wright before September because AA has already said that he doesn’t believe in quick assention of players through the Minors and plus who’s rotation spot would you put him?(Gohara, Newcomb, Teheran, Folty or Soroka?) There’s no point in rushing players up especially just to pitch in the bullpen or just a spot start. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Malachore said:

I see your point but the rebuild has to be over now. They need to add some proven talent, I understand how good bpth Allard and Soroka can be but it's time to get this over with.

Who says Soroka wouldn't be as good or better than Sanchez right now? All the scouts said Soroka was MLB ready in Spring. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...