Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Braves at Cubs

7 hours ago, sdogg said:

They had a 10-2 lead. No excuse to blow that. Chicago played in the same weather and didn't have a big lead. 

And Chicago also agreed the game should have never been played. They were just as pissed as the Braves were. Sam Freeman did take the blame though. He said "I just **** the bed out there."

57 minutes ago, E. T. said:

Don't care what the weather is like in Chicago today. Braves should want redemption! Let's win this series!

It's raining and 37 with temps dropping. Suppose to turn into snow in a few hours.

28 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

It's raining and 37 with temps dropping. Suppose to turn into snow in a few hours.

Bummer! Looking at the schedule, we won't play them again until mid May at home. Great time for fans to get tickets to the double header. 

12 minutes ago, E. T. said:

Bummer! Looking at the schedule, we won't play them again until mid May at home. Great time for fans to get tickets to the double header. 

If the game isnt played today it would have to played in Chicago. They don't reschedule games at the visiting teams stadium. They would find a off day both teams shared and do a 1 game series at Wrigley or just play a 161 game schedule.

1 minute ago, Unkn0wn said:

If the game isnt played today it would have to played in Chicago. They don't reschedule games at the visiting teams stadium. They would find a off day both teams shared and do a 1 game series at Wrigley or just play a 161 game schedule.

You are correct, just thought about that. 

I just peeked at the weather radar, and it's bad up there. A lot worse than yesterday. Right now I don't see it happening.

12 hours ago, sdogg said:

They had a 10-2 lead. No excuse to blow that. Chicago played in the same weather and didn't have a big lead. 

They are experts at blowing big leads like our Georgia teams.  Next up, The Atlanta Hawks to blow a 3-0 series lead.  Then, we got icing on the cake.  

Today's game has been postponed. It will be played May 14th at 2:20 PM at Wrigley Field. Braves headed home for a date with Gabe Kapler and the Phillies tomorrow. Mets and their 11-2 record so far will follow. Now we wait and see if Ronald Acuna is added to the roster before tomorrow night.

5 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Today's game has been postponed. It will be played May 14th at 2:20 PM at Wrigley Field. Braves headed home for a date with Gabe Kapler and the Phillies tomorrow. Mets and their 11-2 record so far will follow. Now we wait and see if Ronald Acuna is added to the roster before tomorrow night.

Good. 

53 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

This makes me feel better about them being able to turn the page. That May 14th date was supposed to be a Monday off day for the Braves. They will play 2 games at Tampa, 4 at Miami, go to Chicago for that makeup game and then come home for the 3 games against the Cubs at SunTrust.

15 hours ago, sdogg said:

I agree that the braves should have won....but the weather was part of the reason that it was 8-2....the cubs suffered the same fate as the braves earlier in the game

6 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

This makes me feel better about them being able to turn the page. That May 14th date was supposed to be a Monday off day for the Braves. They will play 2 games at Tampa, 4 at Miami, go to Chicago for that makeup game and then come home for the 3 games against the Cubs at SunTrust.

That was my take too. Come home and put that debacle behind them. 

1 hour ago, K26dp said:

Amazing how many folks come out of the woodwork to post when something bad happens.

On the plus side, it's nice to see some new faces around here.

I don’t think anybody should even care about that loss. We played a summer sport in Winter Olympics conditions. Nobody hates walks as much as me, but they were throwing snowballs yesterday. It wasn’t anybody’s fault. That’s a mulligan game if ever there was one.

9 hours ago, jidady said:

I don’t think anybody should even care about that loss. We played a summer sport in Winter Olympics conditions. Nobody hates walks as much as me, but they were throwing snowballs yesterday. It wasn’t anybody’s fault. That’s a mulligan game if ever there was one.

The Cubs bullpen didn't allow a run after the 4th. The Braves allowed 11 in the 7th and 8th. It shouldn't be that hard for a major league pitcher to get 6 outs no matter the conditions.