Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Braves at Cubs

251 posts in this topic

60% chance of rain today in Chicago. The game is in jeopardy. If it is played it'll be a rough one. Temps in the 30s with 30 mph winds. Could be one of those crazy days at Wrigley with the wind blowing out.

2 hours ago, Bdawg58 said:

Soroka will be on the big league team long before the trade deadline. I’d be surprised to see Wright before September because AA has already said that he doesn’t believe in quick assention of players through the Minors and plus who’s rotation spot would you put him?(Gohara, Newcomb, Teheran, Folty or Soroka?) There’s no point in rushing players up especially just to pitch in the bullpen or just a spot start. 

First off, it wouldn't be rushing him. He's in Triple-A at Gwinnett, he's one phone call away. Many, and I mean many, college pitchers find themselves pitching in the majors the year after they are drafted, and it's because they usually don't need a whole lot of polishing, especially if they come from a major big time college program like Vanderbilt as Wright did. In 2009 the Braves drafted Mike Minor and the following August he was in the majors for a team that was on their way to the playoffs. It's not insane to think Wright couldn't be in the majors by midseason. I would gladly trade Teheran to open up a spot for Wright.

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Who says Soroka wouldn't be as good or better than Sanchez right now? All the scouts said Soroka was MLB ready in Spring. 

Exactly. All the scouts said Soroka was currently the 3rd best pitcher on the Braves staff in spring training. The only reason he didn't start the season in the majors was the same reason Acuna didn't. Service time.

3 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

First off, it wouldn't be rushing him. He's in Triple-A at Gwinnett, he's one phone call away. Many, and I mean many, college pitchers find themselves pitching in the majors the year after they are drafted, and it's because they usually don't need a whole lot of polishing, especially if they come from a major big time college program like Vanderbilt as Wright did. In 2009 the Braves drafted Mike Minor and the following August he was in the majors for a team that was on their way to the playoffs. It's not insane to think Wright couldn't be in the majors by midseason. I would gladly trade Teheran to open up a spot for Wright.

He isn’t in Gwinnett... he’s at Mississippi. Like I said he at best won’t be up until late August/early September 

Good he needs it. Pressing to hard and its costing him a lot of his patients and awareness at the plate. Hopefully this gives him the mental break just to sit back, watch, and regroup.

3 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Who says Soroka wouldn't be as good or better than Sanchez right now? All the scouts said Soroka was MLB ready in Spring. 

That's not what I'm saying. Either get them here asap or if in contention come deadline do not sell off to get them here. 

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

No Tucker?

What's the point in him having an off day when he only plays 6 innings to begin with? Then you also sit Flaherty?

Nitwit Snit <_<

12 minutes ago, Malachore said:

That's not what I'm saying. Either get them here asap or if in contention come deadline do not sell off to get them here. 

That doesn't make any sense.

7 minutes ago, Malachore said:

No Tucker?

What's the point in him having an off day when he only plays 6 innings to begin with? Then you also sit Flaherty?

Nitwit Snit <_<

The Cubs have a LHP throwing today. That is why no Ender, Tucker or Flaherty today. All LHB.

• Ender - 1/12 (.083)
  • Tucker - 0/6 (.000)
  • Flaherty - 1/4 (.250)

So, not a bad idea to sit them today.

It's been so long since the Braves have had a super marketable exciting player but that's no longer the case. Ozzie Albies is that player that can MLB can market the same way they do guys like Trout, Harper and Altuve. I'm excited about that.