Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Braves at Cubs

251 posts in this topic

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

I just don't get it. Once again Peter Bourjos enters the game in the 7th inning in place of Preston Tucker. WTF gives? Why not leave Adams in to play LF if you want "better defense" out there instead of burning another position player? Man I can't express my anger with Snitker.

Yes you can and have... 

Just now, TheTrue7 said:

Yes you can and have... 

My words aren't doing it justice. A monkey at my local zoo could do a better job managing this team than Brian Snitker. I'd almost rather have Frediot back.

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

My words aren't doing it justice. A monkey at my local zoo could do a better job managing this team than Brian Snitker. I'd almost rather have Frediot back.

:rolleyes:

yet he’s beating Maddon.. :ninja::D

Braves are 6-4 in 10 games vs. 2017 NL playoff teams. Who could ask for anything more!! Love the way this team is playing this year and it's not even at full strength yet. Can't stand Snitker's managerial decisions but team plays balls to the wall for him!!

4 hours ago, E. T. said:

I think we match up well with the Cubbies. Have to keep that aggressive approach going.

We looked very good today. All phases!

1 minute ago, Unkn0wn said:

Sanchez might fetch us a pretty good return in July.

Him and McCarthy both. McCarthy has to stay healthy. Would absolutely love to be able to move both in July and have Soroka and Wright join the rotation.

8 minutes ago, Malachore said:

What if we're in contention though?

That shouldn't matter. You need to do what is best for the Braves long-term future. That would be letting Soroka and Wright get experience this year at some point so they're ahead of the game come 2019. Sanchez and McCarthy don't have a spot on the Braves in 2019. Why hang onto them and not let our future guys get the experience they need?

13 minutes ago, Malachore said:

I think they sell vets on short term deals for prospects, buy vets on long term contracts with prospects.

19 minutes ago, Malachore said:

As stated above, Soroka is expected to be called up in June. Allard and Wright aren't far behind.

42 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

That shouldn't matter. You need to do what is best for the Braves long-term future. That would be letting Soroka and Wright get experience this year at some point so they're ahead of the game come 2019. Sanchez and McCarthy don't have a spot on the Braves in 2019. Why hang onto them and not let our future guys get the experience they need?

Because we aren't rebuilding any longer. I'm not saying resign them but if the Braves were in a WC spot or super close I and lots of others wpuld be pretty pissed to see them sell off.

41 minutes ago, K26dp said:

I think they sell vets on short term deals for prospects, buy vets on long term contracts with prospects.

Are you saying they would look to trade guys like Sanchez while also looking to upgrade the current ML roster?

Just now, Malachore said:

Because we aren't rebuilding any longer. I'm not saying resign them but if the Braves were in a WC spot or super close I and lots of others wpuld be pretty pissed to see them sell off.

But the Braves still are rebuilding. Why blow in 2019 because we're waiting for Soroka and Wright to get used to pitching in the majors when 2019 is the year the Braves are supposed to return to contention? Why not let them get used to pitching in the majors in 2018 so that they hit the ground running in 2019 and can be a part of the Braves winning in 2019?

3 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

But the Braves still are rebuilding. Why blow in 2019 because we're waiting for Soroka and Wright to get used to pitching in the majors when 2019 is the year the Braves are supposed to return to contention? Why not let them get used to pitching in the majors in 2018 so that they hit the ground running in 2019 and can be a part of the Braves winning in 2019?

I see your point but the rebuild has to be over now. They need to add some proven talent, I understand how good bpth Allard and Soroka can be but it's time to get this over with.

11 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Soroka will be on the big league team long before the trade deadline. I’d be surprised to see Wright before September because AA has already said that he doesn’t believe in quick assention of players through the Minors and plus who’s rotation spot would you put him?(Gohara, Newcomb, Teheran, Folty or Soroka?) There’s no point in rushing players up especially just to pitch in the bullpen or just a spot start. 

12 hours ago, Malachore said:

I see your point but the rebuild has to be over now. They need to add some proven talent, I understand how good bpth Allard and Soroka can be but it's time to get this over with.

Who says Soroka wouldn't be as good or better than Sanchez right now? All the scouts said Soroka was MLB ready in Spring. 

Falconsfan567 likes this