Falconsfan567

Braves at Cubs

251 posts in this topic

Friday - 2:20 PM - Anibal Sanchez (0-0, 2.25) vs. Yu Darvish (0-0, 5.23)

Saturday - 2:20 PM - Sean Newcomb (1-1, 4.35) vs. Jose Quintana (1-1, 4.50)

Sunday - 2:20 PM - Julio Teheran (0-1, 7.07) vs. Tyler Chatwood (0-2, 4.91)

17 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

DOB was saying the forecast in Chicago is terrible. Thunderstorms, 30-40 degrees and snow.

Yeah, it's not looking good. The weather at Wrigley today is perfect though. Go figure.

Mark Bowman said Acuna's slow start has all but erased his chances to be called up this weekend. There's still a shot he could be up within a week but Braves playing the waiting game.

4 hours ago, jwickha2 said:

Really hope they get the game in on Sunday. I got tickets and would love to see them in my first time at Wrigley

That's awesome! Have fun. Hope the weather is good for you.  I really enjoyed my trip to Wrigley & they were not even playing the Braves!!

3 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Mark Bowman said Acuna's slow start has all but erased his chances to be called up this weekend. There's still a shot he could be up within a week but Braves playing the waiting game.

His heads not in it. I believe his approach, attitude, and work ethic is the same, but psychologically that subtle subconscious part of his brain is off. He believed that he’d be down for 2 weeks after a great spring. Play a waiting game, a CBA game.  That affects people. Just saying...probably nothing though. 

8 hours ago, Black Francis said:

His heads not in it. I believe his approach, attitude, and work ethic is the same, but psychologically that subtle subconscious part of his brain is off. He believed that he’d be down for 2 weeks after a great spring. Play a waiting game, a CBA game.  That affects people. Just saying...probably nothing though. 

He had 9 days off. Minor league players had to wait 9 days after Spring to get going for real. Could be part of it.

4 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

He had 9 days off. Minor league players had to wait 9 days after Spring to get going for real. Could be part of it.

Good point. 

Cubs are off to a sluggish start. Kris Bryant and Contreras are swinging it best right now. Rizzo is on the DL.

********!!!! Braves just got robbed yet again!! I just don't understand why the Braves are the only team that gets called for running outside the baseline!!

But another Dansby hit that goes to waste because he's stuck at the bottom of the order and automatic out Ender is hitting leadoff. I just love Brian Snitker and his dumb managing!!

Dansby entered today with a .375 OBP and has scored just 5 runs and today is his 12th game of the season. That's pathetic. Thanks Brian Snitker you big dummy!