Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Reuben Foster Facing Jail TIme

44 posts in this topic

I know that athletes often seem to get off with light punishments, but he got arrested in Santa Clara County, which is one of the worst counties in California to get arrested in.  They don't mess around.  If they have the evidence he did this, I would expect jail time to be part of the plea down there...  I don't see how SF could keep him after that.

1 hour ago, Return of the Gaucho said:

I know that athletes often seem to get off with light punishments, but he got arrested in Santa Clara County, which is one of the worst counties in California to get arrested in.  They don't mess around.  If they have the evidence he did this, I would expect jail time to be part of the plea down there...  I don't see how SF could keep him after that.

Unless he has some prior arrests, doubt there's any jail time, he'll get probation and a fine. Pretty much every first time offender is going to get that.

8 hours ago, athell said:

If only there were red flags at the combine that could have given us any insight that this behavior could have been predicted...

But but but he has that “dawg” and “nastiness” we need. 

athell likes this

2 hours ago, falconidae said:

Unless he has some prior arrests, doubt there's any jail time, he'll get probation and a fine. Pretty much every first time offender is going to get that.

I’d be more surprised if there weren’t at least 90 days. Like I said, this county is unique. I could very well be wrong, but Santa Clara volunteered for a pilot program to ramp up criminal penalties in California when all other participating counties were chosen by the legislature. Nothing is ever concrete in court, but I’m not expecting leniency here, even for a 1st timer. 

Vandy likes this

9 hours ago, Jerz said:

What a fool. I was literally banging the table for this dude last year..good thing I’m not a GM!

I would say that his ignorant behavior at the hospital during the combine was prooobably the end for me

Flying Falcon likes this

18 minutes ago, Return of the Gaucho said:

I’d be more surprised if there weren’t at least 90 days. Like I said, this county is unique. I could very well be wrong, but Santa Clara volunteered for a pilot program to ramp up criminal penalties in California when all other participating counties were chosen by the legislature. Nothing is ever concrete in court, but I’m not expecting leniency here, even for a 1st timer. 

Correct me if I’m wrong but aren’t you a lawyer?

If I’m correct you may be the least argumentative lawyer I’ve ever come across. I think that’s a compliment.......maybe.

17 hours ago, ramonezy said:

The million dollar question is "will he be cut?" 

For me the question is will he do jail time for having the brains of a Ruben sandwich.  That's about it.

22 hours ago, Jpowers said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but aren’t you a lawyer?

If I’m correct you may be the least argumentative lawyer I’ve ever come across. I think that’s a compliment.......maybe.

Yes, and one that did criminal defense in Santa Clara County for a hot minute.  I try not to argue when not being paid to do so... so thanks! 

Also, I find the lawyers who speak in certainties about cases they aren't handling are usually the most incompetent.  I generally try not to do it unless I have a drink in my hand.

Falconsfan567, Jpowers and Vandy like this

1 hour ago, Return of the Gaucho said:

Yes, and one that did criminal defense in Santa Clara County for a hot minute.  I try not to argue when not being paid to do so... so thanks! 

Also, I find the lawyers who speak in certainties about cases they aren't handling are usually the most incompetent.  I generally try not to do it unless I have a drink in my hand.

Return of the Gaucho and Vandy like this