Grrrillapmpn Inc.®

Grady is a monster

96 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

He's a beast. There are betternpass rushers in thr league and there are better run stoppers, but I'm not sure there is a better all round defensive tackle in the league right now.

Grady is a monster and hugely underrated, but that's a bit much.

Ergo Proxy, Jerz and Stryka like this

21 minutes ago, saints4life25 said:

John Randle lite in terms of build and abilities. Hoping for 2.0, which is a real possibility.

trubirdfan4life likes this

36 minutes ago, saints4life25 said:

I can't think of many, if any, tackles in this league that can play both the 1 tech and 3 tech equally at such a high level.

kiwifalcon likes this

1 hour ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Probably the most underrated DT in the league.

A fifth rounder!!! What???

i remember we all thought the Falcons should have taken him in the 2nd round! :D

I think he dropped due to his size more than anything.

1 hour ago, Grrrillapmpn Inc.® said:

Can't wait for this season. 

Funny to see grown men lust after Grady!  :D

I am impressed that he doesn't have much of a gut for a DTackle that is 300+lbs.

Lance Zierlan's draft write-up on Grady was pretty dayum accurate - and he had him as 2nd rounder:

• 6'1"HEIGHT
  • 32 3/8"ARM LENGTH
  • 304LBS.WEIGHT
  • 10"HANDS

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS

Jarrett lacks ideal size for his position but he makes up for it with outstanding quickness, leverage and effort. Against the run, he has the foot quickness to shoot gaps and disrupt and he can stack single blocks at the point of attack. If he gets caught by angle blocks, he lacks the sand to avoid being washed down the line of scrimmage. As a pass rusher, he has an array of quick hand moves and he is relentless with his motor. He should start very early in his NFL career and be a disruptive player versus both the run and pass.

WEAKNESSES

Undersized, despite his well-built frame. Relies on initial burst off snap to generate pass rush. Plays hard but will wear down in the fourth quarter. Might not be able to carry too much more good weight on his frame.

DRAFT PROJECTION

Round 2

SOURCES TELL US

"Grady will take you on a ride when he gets into you. I think grades on him will really vary since the only real fit for him is in a 1-gap 4-3 defense on the nose. Teams will beat him up over his size, but someone is going to get a good football player with him." -- NFC North scout

NFL COMPARISON

Earl Mitchell

BOTTOM LINE

Jarrett is built like a refrigerator, but he's hardly a stationary player. He lacks the overall size to be considered as a nose by most base 3-4 teams, but he's a perfect shade-nose fit for teams looking for a disruptive force in a one-gap, penetrating front.

-Lance Zierlein

mtldirtybird likes this

1 hour ago, Smiler11 said:

He's a beast. There are better pass rushers in the league and there are better run stoppers, but I'm not sure there is a better all round defensive tackle in the league right now.

We must be excluding Donald 

mtldirtybird and GANDI like this

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

We must be excluding Donald 

yeah, he forgot Donald - but give the man a break - smiler wasn't too far off.

4 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

yeah, he forgot Donald - but give the man a break - smiler wasn't too far off.

Didn’t say he was or wasn’t, just asked a simple question