Is the 2018 season our best chance to redeem ourselves from 2016 and win a Super Bowl?

With the super bowl being in Atlanta I think if we make it we will DEFINITELY win! Kind of like the home opener vs Green bay you just kind of knew the Falcons would win with emotion. With Matt Ryan having another 5-7 years in his prime my question is, is this season our best chance to make amends for 2016 and win it all? We may not have Tevin Coleman after this season. Who knows who we may lose to having to pay everyone. Our defense is likely to hit the ceiling this season or next season. I think if we don't win a super bowl by 2021 we probably won't win one with Matt Ryan. I think if we win it all this year is probably our best chance with home field advantage in the SB. Your thoughts?

2018 or 2020. Based off our history with Matt Ryan and the NFC South, most likely 2020. My biggest issue with 2018 is that there's still so many question marks with our OC and we haven't done well this off season when it comes to FA or trades.

There is no definite in football.  See SB LI.

If anything history is against us not only winning but getting to the superbowl as a host city has never made it to the superbowl that year.  Minny almost did last year.

That being said, we have the talent, hopefully our draft picks contribute immediatley and we will be in position yet again for another run.

2 hours ago, athell said:

There is no definite in football.  See SB LI.

If anything history is against us not only winning but getting to the superbowl as a host city has never made it to the superbowl that year.  Minny almost did last year.

That being said, we have the talent, hopefully our draft picks contribute immediatley and we will be in position yet again for another run.

This. Which is why I said that the 2020 season is more likely for the Falcons. I believe 2020 (February 2021) is the deadline for Matt Ryan and the roster we have to give us a Super Bowl in Atlanta. I believe the 2020 Falcons will be to the 1995 Braves like the 2016 Falcons were to the 1991 Braves. Winning it all 4 years later. Plus, the Falcons have always had their best seasons in the NFC South in the 4 year cycle/trend of playing the AFC West since 2004 (including 2008, 2010, 2012, and 2016). The Saints and Panthers have always done horrible during AFC West seasons which has gone in huge favor for the Falcons. 

The Falcons starters are capable of winning the Super Bowl, but this team has got very little depth.  The Falcons have had great luck with injuries two years in a row, and they will probably need it again in 2018 if they are going to make a good run. 

25 minutes ago, Peyton said:

The Falcons starters are capable of winning the Super Bowl, but this team has got very little depth.  The Falcons have had great luck with injuries two years in a row, and they will probably need it again in 2018 if they are going to make a good run. 

I remember the 2008-2012 Falcons nearing avoiding key injuries too. Then in 2013 we had a bunch of injuries and we missed the playoffs by a wide margin, but TBH even if the 2013 Falcons had no injuries I still think that team misses the playoffs between 9-7 and 7-9. But the 2016 Falcons had a couple key injuries and some banged up players and we still made it to the Super Bowl. Trufant staying healthy would have definitely made a difference.

Edited by mqg96

28 minutes ago, Peyton said:

and when I look at the stat that an 0-4 preseason team has never won a Super Bowl, I don't think it's any coincidence at all. The preseason tells you how much depth your team has. I look at it that way. No, not the 2008 Lions or 2017 Browns who played their starters 100% throughout the preseason. Teams who are still able to win in the preseason with their backups.

Edited by mqg96