Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
M@ck

M@ck's Mock Vol. 2

8 posts in this topic

Here is volume 2!

Preface:

Trying out a couple of different names than most of the other mocks. Once again, this is with NO TRADE UPS or TRADE DOWNS.

Round 1, Pick 26:  Lorenzo Carter, EDGE, Georgia:

UGA-MSU-Lorenzo-Carter-Sack_c6c8nu.jpg

6'5, 250, with athletic comparisons to JaDeveon Clowney, Jordan Willis, Danielle Hunter.  Once again, Taven doesn't fall to us at 26. Neither does Payne.  We still find a way to bolster this defensive front, and prepare for the eventuality that we may not be able to retain Vic with a looming payday. You can never have too many guys willing to come off the edge, and should something happen to Vic or Takk, here is your guy ready to be called upon.

Round 2, Pick 58: Nathan Shepherd, DT, Fort Hays State:

shepherd-1520208102.jpeg

Here is your big ugly next to Grady Jarrett. 6'5 , 315 lbs,  He can definitely get up the field and rush the passer, which is what we need. This is a slight reach , but due to us picking late round 2 , he wont be there for us at pick 90, so we take him here. 

Round 3, Pick 90: Duke Ejiofor, DE , Wake Forest:

GettyImages-621301958-copy.jpg?w=916&h=7

We missed out on Michael Bennett in FA, so here we go with a rookie in hopes of slotting him in on the line. He's very mature when it comes to pass rushing and sets up moves . Not the best athlete but his handwork and moves make up for what he lacks in getting to the qb. 

Round 4 , Pick 126: Antonio Callaway, WR, Florida:

antonio-callaway-030318-usnews-getty-ftr

He made it over to this mock, because i like the player that much, and I feel that by the time the draft hits in 2 weeks, we will have to select him here. He's that Good, just the character issues bog him down.  Comparisons in skill set to Antonio Brown, but hangs with the wrong crowd. Quinn gets the inside scoop from his Florida connects, and green-lights this pick. Who better to help him along the way than Veterans Julio Jones and Mohammed Sanu?  Could end up busting out of the league, but due to who we have and who he will learn under this may be the steal of the draft in a few seasons. 

Round 6, Pick 200: Kameron Kelly, DB , San Diego State: 

usatsi_102869501.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Switched over from the Safety position to corner after we selected Kazee last year and converted quite nicely. Stands tall at 6'2 . This would allow for Alford to slide down and cover the slot in nickel situations. For whatever reason, he has been sliding back down the boards, so he is a good catch here at pick 200.

Rd 7, Pick 244: Bo Scarborough, RB Alabama

902733070.jpg.0.jpg

Im not sure why he isn't getting much buzz, but hopefully this lasts til the draft. He can make an immediate impact for us this year, and next if Teco leaves. Blazing fast for his size, draws, comps to Derrick Henry. Sign me up for Bo.  I would also look at him in round 6!

Round 7, Pick 256: John Atkins, NT , UGA

JohnAtkins_main-e1510168246895-1024x629.

Going local for the final pick of the draft, could develop as a NT down the road. 

Let me know what you think!

If we pick Carter at 1, we have Takk, and Beasley, how are you planning on them using all 3 in our scheme?

Do you think Bo is a ZBS running back, to me he's more close to a Legarette Blount? On a side note John Atkins aunt was my 1st grade teacher. 

What if Callaway never plays a game or you only get half a season out of him, is a 4th round pick worth it? Well put it this way would Jalen Collins been worth a 4th round pick hind sight?

18 minutes ago, datchrisb1 said:

If we pick Carter at 1, we have Takk, and Beasley, how are you planning on them using all 3 in our scheme?

Do you think Bo is a ZBS running back, to me he's more close to a Legarette Blount? On a side note John Atkins aunt was my 1st grade teacher. 

What if Callaway never plays a game or you only get half a season out of him, is a 4th round pick worth it? Well put it this way would Jalen Collins been worth a 4th round pick hind sight?

Carter isn't just a pass rusher. He can play off the line as a third linebacker and be sent on blitzes to use his speed.

And yeah Collins would have been worth it.

Carter would def be useful. You can NEVER have enough pass rushers, and once again this is planning ahead so we aren't forced to overpay for Vic. and Bo gives us that thumper that we need, true thunder to Free's lightning (when teco is gone). 

I would ABSOLUTELY risk a 4th for a talent like Callaway. Only because of Julio and Sanu. 

On 4/11/2018 at 11:54 AM, Yo_Lover said:

Carter isn't just a pass rusher. He can play off the line as a third linebacker and be sent on blitzes to use his speed.

And yeah Collins would have been worth it.

Carter is a pass rusher, but he does have that versatility. They don't seem to high on Duke too...

I can't agree with you on the Jalen Collins thing though. We took him in the 2nd round, struggled his rookie year, and suspended the rest, to me not only was he not worth the 2nd or 4th, using hind sight Collins wasn't worth being drafted. Using hind sight, Collins should have been a UDFA. It's 2nd, 3rds, 4ths, etc who actually contributed to there team beyond a 3rd of a season. He's not even in the league and just got suspended for another year. Need to change his name to Craig Collins, how you gone get fired on yo day off!

Not saying I would be upset with Callaway in the 4th. He's only worth the risk if he actually plays. It's up to the people interviewing him to make that determination.

Vandy likes this

I like it, but I think a running back in the third would be best. A really good one might fall to that pick in this deep draft. 

M@ck likes this

On 4/14/2018 at 0:18 PM, Power I said:

I like it, but I think a running back in the third would be best. A really good one might fall to that pick in this deep draft. 

Appreciate the critique.  This is just a general comment in light of your rb comment. Every team at the top of the draft just about needs an rb in addition to a qb lol. i expect those rbs to fly off the boards early round 2 and 3. the value just may not be there when we pick.

Assuming the browns take Saquon,

Giants need an RB, 

Broncos need an RB (just released CJ)

Colts 

Bucs

Miami

Detroit

Buffalo

Washington 

This is the wrong year to expect a gem in round 3. One emerges every year , however so im also considering this. 

Would love Calloway in the 4th. We've got the culture to help him be successful. If he stays out of trouble he could be good

M@ck likes this