It happens every year!!!!

So every year there is a player that falls and falls and continues to fall..    Maurice Hurst has some "heart issue" that could cause him to fall..      with that lets say we take  Payne or Bryan in the first,,,      you think we would pull the trigger on a trade up for Hurst also in the 2nd, if he fell mid to late 2nd....??? Thoughts

I think the guy that is going to fall that the Falcons could take a chance on is Arden Key.  He is considered a 1st round talent but has had some mysterious off the field issues at LSU and had a disappointing Junior year.  He could easily fall to the 3rd round and the Falcons could take a flyer on him there.  He grew up in Atlanta and his family is there, so be a good place for him. 

1 hour ago, falconfanEST1989 said:

So every year there is a player that falls and falls and continues to fall..    Maurice Hurst has some "heart issue" that could cause him to fall..      with that lets say we take  Payne or Bryan in the first,,,      you think we would pull the trigger on a trade up for Hurst also in the 2nd, if he fell mid to late 2nd....??? Thoughts

It's bad enough that the fans have heart issues with this team....now you wanna add players?!

1 hour ago, Peyton said:

I think the guy that is going to fall that the Falcons could take a chance on is Arden Key.  He is considered a 1st round talent but has had some mysterious off the field issues at LSU and had a disappointing Junior year.  He could easily fall to the 3rd round and the Falcons could take a flyer on him there.  He grew up in Atlanta and his family is there, so be a good place for him. 

So you want us to draft a first-round talent from LSU that will fall due to off the field issues? What could go wrong? :huh:

2 hours ago, ramonezy said:

If Hurst fell to be within striking distance of our 2nd pick I think that would be confirmation that his condition is a material issue... so that would be a hard pass for me 

If he was to fall to the second round and we have Bryan already, I feel that Hill would be better suited for us seeing as he is already a 2nd round projection, but honestly if he DOES make it to the 2nd round I still see Hurst being within the top 10 picks there.

6 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

So you want us to draft a first-round talent from LSU that will fall due to off the field issues? What could go wrong? :huh:

I didn't say I want them to.  I said I think it could happen, and that Atlanta would give Key the best chance he is going to have to succeed.

That being said, I don't even see the 1st round talent that everyone else sees with the guy.  I have a sentimental soft spot for him because his father was in my HS class and he was a hero at the school, but I don't really see the potential with him like some others do.

But yes, I caught the Jalen Collins reference.

Then again, it worked out with T Matheu for the Cardinals.

2 hours ago, Peyton said:

What's hurting Key more and more is that his athletic ability seems to have all but vanished. He ran a 7.12 3 cone at the combine. Not bad, unless you consider that he weighed in at 238 and not 280. Then he ran a 4.85 40 at the pro day. For a guy that won with nothing but bend and speed, he doesn't test as anything but average. Maybe below average for his weight. 

Keys fall has been the most surprising thing I've witnessed. At one point, I thought he may have been the most physically gifted guy I've ever seen on LSUs field. He would blow by a tackle and meet a QB at the back of his 5 step drop and make it look easy. I have no idea what happened.

On 4/11/2018 at 10:31 AM, Peyton said:

I heard somewhere that Key had motivational issues. Could be mistaken though.