1 hour ago, red falcon said:

My man doesnt get the recognition he deserves, probably could have gotten a lot more money also.

I think most fans thought the Falcons paid him too much at the time.  I've always thought the fans overreacted to the 2 or 3 PIs he would get a year, he is and always has been a baller.

20 minutes ago, Peyton said:

I think most fans thought the Falcons paid him too much at the time.  I've always thought the fans overreacted to the 2 or 3 PIs he would get a year, he is and always has been a baller.

PI's are a problem, but at least it shows the guy is aggressive.  Luckily, coverage can be cleaned up, so the sky's the limit.

48 minutes ago, Peyton said:

Yeah people overreact to what they see on the surface. Thought of it as a rule that let offenses escape anyway.

12 hours ago, Peyton said:

Alford has lead the team in penalties in 2017 (5x defensive holding, 2x DPI), 2016 (7x DPI, 4x defensive holding, 1x encroachment, 1x unnecessary roughness, 1x illegal use of hands), was 2nd in 2015 (4x DPI, 1x illegal contact, 2x holding, 1x offsides, 1x facemask)

I don't think his penalty critiques are overblown at all.

34 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Alford has lead the team in penalties in 2017 (5x defensive holding, 2x DPI), 2016 (7x DPI, 4x defensive holding, 1x encroachment, 1x unnecessary roughness, 1x illegal use of hands), was 2nd in 2015 (4x DPI, 1x illegal contact, 2x holding, 1x offsides, 1x facemask)

He makes enough plays to make up for it.

8 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

and if he played for Seattle he'd be a 1st ballot hall of famer smh most of the calls against him are bogus as heck. Especially considering what alot of other corners get away with on a weekly basis

I don’t either. But he definitely improved this season. Going from 7 PI’s down to 2 is great. 2017 was by far his best season of his football career

It's a tough job and Alford hasn't gotten the benefit of the doubt like the big name corners.  Not only that, but Quinn's defensive philosophy is obviously for the secondary to hold the WRs on every play and dare the refs to throw the flag, so I don't think Alford can get all the blame for the holding.  Defensive philosophy, all of them are holding constantly.

On 4/11/2018 at 6:06 AM, Mega Flare said:

Still remember that DB-heavy draft we had.  Thought it was hilarious that we took two guys that had played against each other at one point.  And was surprised when Alford seems to surpass Trufant since then.

IDK if i would used the word surprised....but I do agree that he has come up a long way since being compared to Tru every day.  Tru has become the typical shutdown corner we expected but he is not the turnover machine we all expect.  Alford is more likely to reach that potential because he takes chances (albeit he used to get burned for it) but I'd find it hard to argue that if we had won the SB he would have not been considered with Jarrett for MVP.  His early year constant PI calls have seemed to level off after his 2nd year which IMO means he has gotten better annually.  QBs test him more than Tru because of the fear Tru's name brings so they tend to not try his side.  

I love Alford and feel with or without DT he is a number one corner on this team.  To me he is comparable to Grimes in that he may not have much size but his grit to fight off bigger receivers and attitude not to back down makes him that much more dangerous.

On 4/11/2018 at 10:52 AM, Peyton said:

I agree....drove me crazy the way TATF overreacted to the 2-3 PI's.   Sure, it sucks at the time but it means a few things  1) you have a CB not afraid to mix it up and 2) you have a CB that is actually close to the WR about to make the catch or trying to make the catch.

If you don't have 2-3 PI calls against you a year, you probably are not a good or aggressive corner.  What happens many times is a top flight corner gets the benefit of the doubt where another might not - these are judgement calls and close.

Robert Alford is a dayum good corner - probably a "top 5" #2 corner and could be a #1 on maybe 1/3 of the teams in the NFL.

3 hours ago, federicofalcon2 said:

IDK if i would used the word surprised....but I do agree that he has come up a long way since being compared to Tru every day.  Tru has become the typical shutdown corner we expected but he is not the turnover machine we all expect.  Alford is more likely to reach that potential because he takes chances (albeit he used to get burned for it) but I'd find it hard to argue that if we had won the SB he would have not been considered with Jarrett for MVP.  His early year constant PI calls have seemed to level off after his 2nd year which IMO means he has gotten better annually.  QBs test him more than Tru because of the fear Tru's name brings so they tend to not try his side.  

I love Alford and feel with or without DT he is a number one corner on this team.  To me he is comparable to Grimes in that he may not have much size but his grit to fight off bigger receivers and attitude not to back down makes him that much more dangerous.

Tru was never a turnover machine to begin with. Just knew how to play the pass.