Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AF89

Atlanta United April Thread

27 posts in this topic

Completely slipped my mind to make a new thread this month

Remember when we started the year with a 4-0 loss? Feels like months ago.

Good to see the team not be so gung ho. Learning well.

Allowing opponents more of the ball. It doesn't matter how much possession you have, it's what you do with it.

Another couple of difficult games to go this month.

If we get three points next weekend we'll be the top record in the MLS

Edit: Nvm NYC plays Wednesday....but that plays into our favor. They'll be on short week and have to travel.

Looks like the roster is near full go minus Escobar and Tito (who came out of the LAFC game with a knock). And if Tito can't go that's fine.... just plug Barco in and we can worry about what to do about Gressell (arguably the team's MVP after Josef) later.

That was probably the best test all season of where we're at I think. Gave as good as we got, still looked really dangerous for stretches against a very very good side.

Still kinda peeved the Nagbe goal came off the board. It was the correct call but I've been wanting for him to score so bad and that would have been a memorable first goal.

16 minutes ago, AF89 said:

That was probably the best test all season of where we're at I think. Gave as good as we got, still looked really dangerous for stretches against a very very good side.

Still kinda peeved the Nagbe goal came off the board. It was the correct call but I've been wanting for him to score so bad and that would have been a memorable first goal.

That's kinda what kills me about this team right now. The way they played the last roughly 15 or 20 minutes of the game after Barco came on is how they should be playing for the full 90. That fast paced style, one touch passes, decisive and aggressive, anticipating openings in space and quickly exploiting them--they would be blowing teams out of the water if they always played like that and I know they can do it because we've seen them do it multiple times. They look virtually unstoppable when they do that. 

Too many times they get into a lull, start thinking too much instead of just going and it gives the opposing team an opportunity to pounce on them. I get not wanting to make mistakes but this team is too talented for them to just not go for it all the time--take some (calculated) risks.

What a game, a lot of missed chances but I think we come away clearly the better team. Man its fun to watch Miggy and Barco weave thru a defense together.

Meanwhile Romario proving to be a **** of a valuable sub. I'm thinking he might be our star player for US Open play.

1 hour ago, AF89 said:

Meanwhile Romario proving to be a **** of a valuable sub. I'm thinking he might be our star player for US Open play.

I've enjoyed watching him play when he's been brought on. Fresh legs!

Ugh I thought our fans might be a little too over confident for this one....some work to do for this second half.

Almost a carbon copy of the way DC parked the bus and frustrated us last year. The only thing they needed was an early goal and we gave it to them 

Can't get anything in front of goal, got a feeling we'r gonna need something to come in from outside the box