Falcons working out BJ Hill

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

Falcons showing a lot of interest in Hill. Met at Combine, SR Bowl and now a workout with Quinn/TD/Piolli.

The question is:  “What round?”

If they love someone, they will take him a round earlier than the mockers think he should go.  See 2016 draft.

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

The question is:  “What round?”

If they love someone, they will take him a round earlier than the mockers think he should go.  See 2016 draft.

Round 2... I think if we miss out on the 1st round guys.... BJ Hill and Nathan Shepherd are those 2nd round guys

Just now, FentayeJones said:

I think if they liike him enough they will pull the trigger at 58.

Yeah, that would be my guess as well - 3rd round prospect you pick a little earlier if we like him.

Frees up the draft board in 1st round to take the best talent.

***GASP*** Could we even trade down and out of 1st round?  That would shock everyone.

So in last week we have brought PAYNE to the Branch and getting a private workout with BJ Hill.

I expect an onslaught of DT workouts/visits behind these two as DQ/TD probably wants to see all of these guys in a close date proximity for fresh comparison.

So who to follow?

Nathan Shepherd?

P.J. Hall?

who else you think?

4 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Yeah, that would be my guess as well - 3rd round prospect you pick a little earlier if we like him.

***GASP*** Could we even trade down and out of 1st round?  That would shock everyone.

We SHOULD this year imho.  Probably won't.  

But if we get the BPA in round one and Sheppard or Hill round two, I would be really pumped.  BPA in round one... been dreaming of that for years!!!

8 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

I think they like RJ Mcintosh and Jalyn Holmes in that 2-3 range also. They have shown some interest in them as well.

If we wait until 2nd/3rd round for DTackle, what are your thoughts on 1st round that DQ/TD might go?

I really believe it could be a OLB like a Rahsaan Evans or a Leighton Van Esch.... maybe even an edge guy if Harold Landry tumbled down the board.   We are looking at both.  Also seem to be scouting some corners - Isaiah Oliver for one.

I just don’t believe we are going TE/WR in first round.

19 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

So in last week we have brought PAYNE to the Branch and getting a private workout with BJ Hill.

I expect an onslaught of DT workouts/visits behind these two as DQ/TD probably wants to see all of these guys in a close date proximity for fresh comparison.

So who to follow?

Nathan Shepherd?

P.J. Hall?

who else you think?

Mo Hurst

23 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

But we need more than one DT from this draft. 

I could definitely see us go Bryan/Payne in Rd 1 and Hill/Shephard soon thereafter......

10 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

If we wait until 2nd/3rd round for DTackle, what are your thoughts on 1st round that DQ/TD might go?

I really believe it could be a OLB like a Rahsaan Evans or a Leighton Van Esch.... maybe even an edge guy if Harold Landry tumbled down the board.   We are looking at both.  Also seem to be scouting some corners - Isaiah Oliver for one.

In that scenario I can still see see interior pass rusher in the first  - not nessassarily a traditional type 2 down DT but someone who can be disruptive and and rush from inside - like a Bryan or Hurst.

21 minutes ago, Vandy said:

But we need more than one DT from this draft. 

I could definitely see us go Bryan/Payne in Rd 1 and Hill/Shephard soon thereafter......

NO, we won’t ....I would almost GUARANTEE we don’t draft two.

We will sign 1-2 more vets after the draft.

We will draft ONE DT in 2018, probably another in 2019.

Won’t happen, Vandy.

Need help at WR, OL, EDGE,  CB and other spots.

Also, DTs don’t normally play STs

19 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

In that scenario I can still see see interior pass rusher in the first  - not nessassarily a traditional type 2 down DT but someone who can be disruptive and and rush from inside - like a Bryan or Hurst.

I said “IF we don’t take DT in 1st”, c’mon man!  Gotta play by my rules.

30 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

NO, we won’t ....I would almost GUARANTEE we don’t draft two.

We will sign 1-2 more vets after the draft.

We will draft ONE DT in 2018, probably another in 2019.

Won’t happen, Vandy.

Need help at WR, OL, EDGE,  CB and other spots.

Also, DTs don’t normally play STs

I think they draft 2 DT. I just don't think the value in the FA market is there that they want.

7 minutes ago, OilFuturesTrader19 said:

I think they draft 2 DT. I just don't think the value in the FA market is there that they want.

The only top mkt DT left that I want is Bennie Logan - and just a 1yr deal.   I would sign he and Rubin both to one year deals, draft one and call it a day.

Draft another next yr.

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

2lxz3g7.gif

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

So who to follow?

Nathan Shepherd?

P.J. Hall?

who else you think?

I think Taven Bryan, BJ Hill, Da’Ron Payne, and Nathan Shepherd are definitely the guys we will target. 

Also Green out of USC, but he’s more of a LDE who can kick in during nickel packages.