Jump to content

Congratulations Tech fans.. Paul Johnson extended to 2022..


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, eddiesauto said:

Paul Johnson's decision to go for 2, rather than kick an extra point for another OT session vs UT helped keep us finish 4-8, rather than 3-9. UT couldn't stop that offense at all in that game, or much of anyone last year. 

I was there and I called it before it happened. I knew he'd make the call and I was confident it would backfire... My wife the UT fan disagreed with me stating there was no chance that they would go for 2... as did the entire Tech crew we were sitting next to (got into the game for like 20 bucks but had to sit next to the Tech band... the things you do for your spouse). I had so much fun listening to salty tech fans on the walk back to the car.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, eddiesauto said:

Paul Johnson's decision to go for 2, rather than kick an extra point for another OT session vs UT helped keep us finish 4-8, rather than 3-9. UT couldn't stop that offense at all in that game, or much of anyone last year. 

i love paul johnson.. he does that kind of stuff all of the time, he is soo arrogant. i love it that he is at gt..  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/10/2018 at 4:32 PM, fibonaccisquared said:

I was there and I called it before it happened. I knew he'd make the call and I was confident it would backfire... My wife the UT fan disagreed with me stating there was no chance that they would go for 2... as did the entire Tech crew we were sitting next to (got into the game for like 20 bucks but had to sit next to the Tech band... the things you do for your spouse). I had so much fun listening to salty tech fans on the walk back to the car.

I wondered if he'd go for 2 prior to the play, but was surprised that he actually did. I wish I had only had to pay $20 to get in lol. I ended up paying face value to sit next to some rude frat girl. I'd be salty too after that game, if I was a Tech fan lol.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/10/2018 at 8:45 PM, SacFalcFan said:

i love paul johnson.. he does that kind of stuff all of the time, he is soo arrogant. i love it that he is at gt..  

I was surprised even though I thought he might go for 2 then. He was crazy to do that. Neither team stopped eachother much, but they stopped UT more than UT stopped them that game.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...
On 4/10/2018 at 8:45 PM, SacFalcFan said:

i love paul johnson.. he does that kind of stuff all of the time, he is soo arrogant. i love it that he is at gt..  

And he just got embarrassed by Duke at home. Does GT just not care about winning? I mean, they have Josh Pastner as Basketball Coach too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, eddiesauto said:

And he just got embarrassed by Duke at home. Does GT just not care about winning? I mean, they have Josh Pastner as Basketball Coach too

They probably care, but at what "cost" they could go the Baylor route, and have University of Texas be pissed with them forcing "investigations".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...