Is it too early to say who the Pick

Too early because we are picking too far down.  Fair to say if one of Hurst/Payne/Vea/Bryan is there that will be the pick though.  I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility for a trade up to scoop up a Vita Vea type that DQ is in love with.

A lot can change between now & the draft. Heck, a lot can change during the course of the 1st round... teams may move up or down, guys may go early, some guys may fall, etc.

So until we are actually on the clock, yes, it is way too early to say.

1 minute ago, athell said:

Too early because we are picking too far down.  Fair to say if one of Hurst/Payne/Vea/Bryan is there that will be the pick though.  I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility for a trade up to scoop up a Vita Vea type that DQ is in love with.

From everything I've seen, there's one dude like Vita Vea in this class & that's Vea himself. Yet you've worded that like there are multiple players like him available in the early 1st. Am I missing something/someone?

Even when we are waiting on them to walk to the podium it will be too early.  Teams are intentionally deceiving about who there are going to pick, so it's hard for even us die hards to see through the smoke screens.  I don't know anybody that had Neal in the 1st two years ago, and nobody had Takk last year because he wouldn't have been available if we stayed put.  

An interesting stat I read a year or two ago is that first round picks by the falcons are almost always someone we've worked out. So if you go to the draft section and look at the topic there, you can get an idea of what our guess pool is and get a sort of idea. 

Just a quick edit: the fact we are still working people out, means it is indeed still too early to guess using the above logic. 

Edited by Mr. Captain Falcon
Weiners

7 minutes ago, k-train said:

From everything I've seen, there's one dude like Vita Vea in this class & that's Vea himself. Yet you've worded that like there are multiple players like him available in the early 1st. Am I missing something/someone?

No.  You are just reading way too far into my post.

2 minutes ago, Peyton said:

People are talking about the Falcons trading up, but I wouldn't be surprised if they do just the opposite and trade down to pick up another 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Historically there is no chance TD trades down out of the first entirely.

Historically there is no chance TD trades down out of the first entirely.

It doesn't mean that the Falcons wouldn't.  Every draft is different.  If the Falcons have a draft board with a whole bunch of guys they view somewhat evenly at 26 and someone makes a sweet offer trying to jump up and get a QB or something, it could happen.  I'm not saying it will, but on the other hand I would be stunned if the Falcons trade away a 2nd round pick again to move up. 

1 minute ago, Peyton said:

It doesn't mean that the Falcons wouldn't.  Every draft is different.  If the Falcons have a draft board with a whole bunch of guys they view somewhat evenly at 26 and someone makes a sweet offer trying to jump up and get a QB or something, it could happen.  I'm not saying it will, but on the other hand I would be stunned if the Falcons trade away a 2nd round pick again to move up. 

I would be more stunned if we moved back than if we used that 2nd (or 3rd) to move up.  The history is there, TD just does not move back out of the first...if anything...he moves up.

Could it happen?  Of course...there are numerous scenarios that could unfold.  I'm just saying it goes against everything we know about TD and the 1st round.

2 minutes ago, athell said:

I would be more stunned if we moved back than if we used that 2nd (or 3rd) to move up.  The history is there, TD just does not move back out of the first...if anything...he moves up.

Could it happen?  Of course...there are numerous scenarios that could unfold.  I'm just saying it goes against everything we know about TD and the 1st round.

Well the Falcons depth is thinning out greatly so I hope he shows us a new trick. 

35 minutes ago, k-train said:

There are more impact defensive players in this draft besides Vea.

1 minute ago, Malachore said:

There are more impact defensive players in this draft besides Vea.

Yeah, wasn't sure if that's what he meant or if he was specifically talking about DT since that's the only position he had mentioned in the post.

4 minutes ago, k-train said:

Yeah, wasn't sure if that's what he meant or if he was specifically talking about DT since that's the only position he had mentioned in the post.

The type was "players DQ falls in love with".  See Neal, Keanu.  I wasn't referring to DT specifically, though I can see how you would have read that.

Considering the potential first round candidates that have been looked at recently, I'm thinking they're not planning a trade up this year but going to wait and see if one of their targeted DT's (Vea, Payne or Bryan) fall to our first pick.  If one of those don't land to us, don't be surprised that we use the pick on a LB (LVE or Evans).

1 hour ago, Peyton said:

People are talking about the Falcons trading up, but I wouldn't be surprised if they do just the opposite and trade down to pick up another 2nd or 3rd round pick.

I could see a team like the Giants trading back in the first to get a guy like lamar jackson. This would be the dream scenario for me 

7 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

I could see a team like the Giants trading back in the first to get a guy like lamar jackson. This would be the dream scenario for me 

This is the scenario I am curious to see unfold.  If the top 4 QBs are gone by our pick, is someone willing to leapfrog some teams in order to get in line for a Lamar Jackson?

Man I can't wait for draft night.

This is the scenario I am curious to see unfold.  If the top 4 QBs are gone by our pick, is someone willing to leapfrog some teams in order to get in line for a Lamar Jackson?

Man I can't wait for draft night.

I can't wait for draft night so we can transition the boardfrom people complaining about other peoples mocks to people complaining about the draft picks.

2 hours ago, TRUju2111 said:

The Patriots have a pick at #23 which I'm thinking could be a potential Lamar Jackson landing spot so I'm thinking the Bills at the #22 pick would likely be the target of a trade.  I've also heard rumors that the Browns might like to package their two second round picks to move back up into the first again and make a grab at him after likely grabbing Barkley at #1 and Chubb with the #4 pick.  Teams picking behind us that could be looking at Jackson could be Saints (#28) and Steelers (#29) so if Jackson makes it to our pick, I could see our phone ringing to make a grab for him if the Pats don't bite at #23.