Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hard2BaBirdWachr

Brandin Cooks to Rams

99 posts in this topic

Last year the Patriots traded a 1st round (32) and 3rd round (103) pick for Cooks and a 4th round pick (118)

This year the Patriots traded Cooks and a 4th round pick for a 1st round (23) pick and a 6th round pick.

So considering both trades,

the Patriots gained: 

1st round (23), 4th round (118), 6th round pick

And Lost:           

1st round (32),  3rd round (103), 4th round pick.

Let's not act like the Patriots gained way more from trading Cooks than what they originally spent for him.

2 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

My buddy is a pats fan. He thinks Gesicki in round one. That said he hopes they package picks to move up for Mayfield lol.

I could actually see the pats going for Mayfield for BB to make a statement that he can win with anybody. 

2 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

At some point as Pats continue to screw over anyone not named Brady you would think players wouldn’t be as thrilled to go there.

Players go there because they will have a chance at a super bowl 

papachaz likes this

3 hours ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Classic Moneyball move by Pats.

I love the ruthlessness B.B. has when it comes to the team over everything else. I wish our FO was like this...if Beasley doesn’t produce this year, or Matthews, you bet I’d be shopping for picks. Same for Freeman and Julio in 1-2 years

Exactly .. Fuvk all that lovey dovey **** . Ive never been a fan favorite kinda guy.. I’m a team first guy & if they aren’t producing scrap for picks . 

19 minutes ago, Mojojojo said:

Last year the Patriots traded a 1st round (32) and 3rd round (103) pick for Cooks and a 4th round pick (118)

This year the Patriots traded Cooks and a 4th round pick for a 1st round (23) pick and a 6th round pick.

the Patriots gained: 

And Lost:           

Let's not act like the Patriots gained way more from trading Cooks than what they originally spent for him.

I think I’m terms of what the Patriots gained you have to add in the value of a season of Cooks

3 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Pats gave a first for him a year ago. I think the Pats got fleeced by Taints if they’re moving in already.

and before anyone comments that the Rams pick is higher than pats was, not sure they got chart value to kick the pick down the road a year. (Considering it usually costs next seasons first to get a second this draft)

Snead is showing Dimi up. 

Rams are loading up and going for rest.

We're muddled in cap hail.

Billy Check is still getting rich. Beast. GM and coach.

The LA front office seems to be a victim of their own market. Not only do they need to win, but they have to do it in a certain way to entice fans to come in droves quickly. This is nothing about building a long term contender, they have a multi-billion dollar stadium to build and needs a spike in attendance. 

43 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Can you post about anything without mentioning Dimitroff?

6 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Can you post about anything without mentioning Dimitroff?

Naw bro.

He's been our GM for 10 years now. Going on 11. Still no rest.

Going backwards IMO.

Stripped of many of his duties.

Should have been fired after 2012. Definitely after 2013 and 2014.

Flying Falcon likes this

3 hours ago, hjerry said:

Pats didn't get fleeced by nobody. They knew going in he was probably a short term investment. Unless you're truly an elite, multi-faceted player, they move on before opposing teams can figure you out.

It's why always tell people not to get so amazed by how well a player does there. Next season, that same player could be on someone's PS.

So Pats give up a 1st and a 4th total for this but get a first back? I don't see how this was too great for them.

3 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Naw bro.

He's been our GM for 10 years now. Going on 11. Still no rest.

Going backwards IMO.

Stripped of many of his duties.

Should have been fired after 2012. Definitely after 2013 and 2014.

That doesn't explain the need to post about him in threads that have absolutely nothing to do with the Falcons. This thread has nothing to do with the Falcons. I don't even know why it's here.

King Jigsaw likes this

53 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

The Rams are gonna fall flat on their face.

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

That doesn't explain the need to post about him in threads that have absolutely nothing to do with the Falcons. This thread has nothing to do with the Falcons. I don't even know why it's here.

Everything posted here has something to do about the Falcons for me.

You know that.

18 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

The Rams are gonna fall flat on their face.

Maybe. I have em wiping the NFCW division and becoming a formidable NFC rep. Possibly getting to Atlanta.

When Snead and Caldwell left, Dimi took us on a three year 18-30 run from hail with no post season appearances. I paid to see that bush it bro. :angry:

Buddy got stripped of some major GM duties and replaced by Pioli, Quinn and a GM squad. They still haven't totally dug out of the abyss he created. That will never sit well with me. Ever. Trust me.

Meanwhile Snead and Caldwell are making moves in Los Angeles and Jacksonville.

4 hours ago, Scott1988 said:

Rams seem to think they are playing Madden

...aren't they?:ninja:

Nah, I think my gut says they need a dynamic attention grabbing team while trying overtly to get a SB basically next year OR risk losing too much money in the move to LA without revenue?

Of course, I'm probably totally off base. Insert some random Mexico City name and call them first international team.

4 hours ago, FentayeJones said:

As soon as Brady's play starts to slip, Belicheck will jettison him also.

I think this would’ve been the plan had Kraft not encouraged the FO to trade Jimmy G to 49ers, and I believe that is the cause/reasoning behind some of the discord reported between Kraft/BB

The Patriots have always been good at parting ways with guys for draft capital that they would only be cutting or let walk in their near future or over the course of the next few seasons. Players they know wouldn’t live up to the monster contract that the market would dictate they be resigned for.

Atlanta could learn a thing or two about not falling in love with a player for what he has done, and looking more at what his future performance/pay will be and possibly cutting ties a year or two early and getting some nice draft capital in return. Rather than putting a ring on it, and being locked in on a guy earning top money at his position yet only yielding average performance on the field. 

24 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

So Pats give up a 1st and a 4th total for this but get a first back? I don't see how this was too great for them.

They got a first and sixth back and were playing in the Super Bowl last season. A run that Cooks helped get them too. Remember the basically game winning catch against the Texans that Cooks had. 

He helped anchor a WR corps that unfortunately lost Edelman. Helped Patriots return to SB, then was traded for 1st round pick almost 7 spots higher than what they gave for him and a sixth which all gives them enough capital and freedom to make some moves in the draft. Pretty slick if you ask me that they pulled a 1st back out for Cooks. I would have guessed maybe a second if they were lucky. 

Slappywhite likes this

4 hours ago, JKH5785 said:

I think this would’ve been the plan had Kraft not encouraged the FO to trade Jimmy G to 49ers, and I believe that is the cause/reasoning behind some of the discord reported between Kraft/BB

The Patriots have always been good at parting ways with guys for draft capital that they would only be cutting or let walk in their near future or over the course of the next few seasons. Players they know wouldn’t live up to the monster contract that the market would dictate they be resigned for.

Atlanta could learn a thing or two about not falling in love with a player for what he has done, and looking more at what his future performance/pay will be and possibly cutting ties a year or two early and getting some nice draft capital in return. Rather than putting a ring on it, and being locked in on a guy earning top money at his position yet only yielding average performance on the field. 

I thought coming from that program Dimitrioff would at least attempt to emulate. But I guess not. That Trufant contract had me at a loss for words. Could've traded him, grabbed another starter and saved money too. Rams playing in the big one in Atlanta wouldn't surprise me at all. If the plan was to be the first team to win it all at home they sure aren't showing it. Maybe we can finally learn from the Pats and successfully bribe a ref or two lol

8 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Paper champs who will have to blow it all up in 10 months. Let’s see them win first, because as of now it was the Falcons who kicked the Rams azzes in the playoffs if memory serves me correctly!

Slappywhite likes this

7 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Maybe. I have em wiping the NFCW division and becoming a formidable NFC rep. Possibly getting to Atlanta.

When Snead and Caldwell left, Dimi took us on a three year 18-30 run from hail with no post season appearances. I paid to see that bush it bro. :angry:

Buddy got stripped of some major GM duties and replaced by Pioli, Quinn and a GM squad. They still haven't totally dug out of the abyss he created. That will never sit well with me. Ever. Trust me.

Meanwhile Snead and Caldwell are making moves in Los Angeles and Jacksonville.

What makes me laugh, as a fan since 1970, you would think you would love TD since under his watch we are in the midst of the best era in franchise history. Some of the best rosters in franchise history, the best QB in franchise history, half of the teams all time SB appearances. A majority of the teams all time playoff appearances and wins, the teams only ever NFL MVP, the team finally broke the curse of never even winning B2B seasons, the list goes on but you still complain. 

7 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Snead and Caldwell

Dimi took us on a three year 18-30 run from hail with no post season appearances. 

bush it

Buddy got stripped of some major GM duties and replaced by Pioli, Quinn and a GM squad. They still haven't totally dug out of the abyss he created.

Trust me.

Snead and Caldwell

Anybody else just irrationally hate this guy? All he does is parrot the same things every day, week, month, and year and in every thread he can fit his Dimitroff-based whining into. I’ve never seen such a miserable person before. All these terrible nicknames and catchphrases get under my skin, guys. I have a problem.

9 hours ago, Mojojojo said:

the Patriots gained: 

And Lost:           

It’s called depreciation. They got a year of value out of cooks, he helped them go to another SB, while teams like ours watched from home.

Smart trades by pats. This type of out-of-box thinking is a big reason why they are in a class by themselves.