Hard2BaBirdWachr

Brandin Cooks to Rams

99 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Pats gave a first for him a year ago. I think the Pats got fleeced by Taints if they’re moving in already.

and before anyone comments that the Rams pick is higher than pats was, not sure they got chart value to kick the pick down the road a year.

Pats didn't get fleeced by nobody. They knew going in he was probably a short term investment. Unless you're truly an elite, multi-faceted player, they move on before opposing teams can figure you out.

It's why always tell people not to get so amazed by how well a player does there. Next season, that same player could be on someone's PS.

Ezekiel 25:17 likes this

1 minute ago, 1989Fan said:

At some point as Pats continue to screw over anyone not named Brady you would think players wouldn’t be as thrilled to go there.

As soon as Brady's play starts to slip, Belicheck will jettison him also.

Slappywhite and Flying Falcon like this

1 minute ago, 1989Fan said:

At some point as Pats continue to screw over anyone not named Brady you would think players wouldn’t be as thrilled to go there.

It's less about family, and more about the system. Get in, do your job, and you'll win a SB. Players who have a problem with that will just end up getting released/traded themselves. Get in line. We don't have time for your ****. We've got SBs to win.

Just now, FentayeJones said:

As soon as Brady's play starts to slip, Belicheck will jettison him also.

Yep..but the pats just keep making moves and it work out I don' get that at all must be ******* nice

Flying Falcon and caponine like this

53 minutes ago, Slappywhite said:

1st rounder for him , how do the Pats keep doing this to people ?  Cooks is a nice player , but nice haul for Pats , this move looks like its for Gesicki to me , 

I think they're going to use their 2 first and move up for Chubb.

Slappywhite likes this

1 hour ago, hjerry said:

Classic Pats

Take a player who can do one thing well, who's being poorly used and is on the outs at another program, then use him for what he's good at. Then once his shtick gets old, dump him/ trade him, and move on to something new.

Rams got hosed. 

Well I agree this was stupid on the Rams part let's not forget that the Pats did give up a first for Cooks just last year.

It's not like they pulled him off the scrap Heap and flipped him for a first round pick.

Mojojojo likes this

15 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Pats didn't get fleeced by nobody. They knew going in he was probably a short term investment. Unless you're truly an elite, multi-faceted player, they move on before opposing teams can figure you out.

It's why always tell people not to get so amazed by how well a player does there. Next season, that same player could be on someone's PS.

He was better in NO than NE though, so the magical NE system doesn’t work here.

People think NE can do no wrong but the mess up a lot with draft capital. B.B. is a much better coach than personnel guy IMO and they’re lucky they have Brady.

i don’t buy that they gave their first for a guy they new they wouldnt keep more than a season. I don’t see how anyone can really.

Mojojojo likes this

48 minutes ago, athell said:

Rams are going full on Madden mode...Cooks is not worth that...

Not to mention Cooks is on the last year of his rookie deal, Rams gonna have to pony up for him next year.

Rumors floating the Pats want to move up for a QB (Rosen).

The Patriots will re-sign Cooks next year and use the free first round pick from the Rams this year

JKH5785, athell and Slappywhite like this

2 minutes ago, Xfactor said:

The Patriots will re-sign Cooks next year and use the free first round pick from the Rams this year

I doubt cooks would go back after they just fcked him. 

48 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

They aren’t thinking about resigning these guys, this is totally an effort to go for it this season. 

They will have a boatload of FAs after this season that they won’t even try and sign.

Pats in win now mode. Harvest everything for the next 1-2 years while you still have Brady, Belichek, Gronk...once gone just go into full rebuild mode...

Tgeyve already won the SBs, gotten the stadium and whole area around it paid for, Kraft can sell off team to PE investors and others and chill in retirement

1 hour ago, MSalmon said:

Talking about salary cap complication. The rams are gonna have to be creative extending all these guys

lots of chemistry issues potentially looming with all the new Rams

one show I saw highlights of they were talking about the chemistry issues the Rams are bringing on themselves.....and I tend to agree with a lot of it. One of them mentioned it looking like mcvay seems to have the idea he's super coach and can coach all these guys out of their ego

Flying Falcon and Slappywhite like this

2 hours ago, PK Manley said:

Now their earliest pick is in the late 3rd.  They spent a 2nd for one year of Watkins last year, now a 1st with Cooks only having a year left on his rookie deal, and need to pay a bunch of guys in the next couple of years, including Marcus Peters, who they traded next year's second for.

Obviously they're going all in on the short term.  That's quite a gamble with a young QB who has had one successful season, and could very well have a sophomore slump in his second full season of starting.

Selling tickets to blasé LA fan base not easy, I guess.

Does the NFL force teams into making bad trades with the pats or what?

Cooks had an okish year and he gets traded for a higher pick than the year when he was better under Brees

Slappywhite likes this

2 hours ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Classic Moneyball move by Pats.

I love the ruthlessness B.B. has when it comes to the team over everything else. I wish our FO was like this...if Beasley doesn’t produce this year, or Matthews, you bet I’d be shopping for picks. Same for Freeman and Julio in 1-2 years

I agree.

Hurry_Up_And_Buy likes this