Gronk on Trading Block?

g-dawg

PFT quoting another article by Albert Breer/SI that Belichick might be putting Gronk up on the block.

Gronk is 28 with two years left on his deal.  While a terrific player, he breaks down too much and his injuries from year to year are consistent.

Don’t do it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, DogIsYourName said:

Depends on what it would take to get him.  For example, Coleman for Gronk would be a no-brainer.

That would be a good trade for Falcons and about the only scenario I would support.

I seriously doubt the Patriots would do that deal - somebody will give B.B. more than that for Gronk.

It depends on what it would take to get him. If the price was for a 4th rounder, then he'd be worth that. However, if it the cost is higher, then probably not given his injury history. 

Gronk is a huge match-up problem for every team. It's easy to label him as injury prone, but he has still played in a lot of games over his 8-year career. Gronk has missed 26 regular season games (102 games started out of a possible 128). Gronk has started 13 playoff games, where he caught 68 passes and 12 TD's. If a team is able to get to the playoffs with him not injured, then he's worth the risk. The guy is a playmaker.

6 minutes ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Gronk is still the best TE in the leauge by far and hes only 28 on a good deal. I'd offer a 2nd round pick. Would instantly give us the most dynamic offense in the leauge.

Playing off your scenario, I'd rather trade Freeman for Gronk, then draft Chubb or Michel in the 2nd to take Freeman's place. 

3 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

Playing off your scenario, I'd rather trade Freeman for Gronk, then draft Chubb or Michel in the 2nd to take Freeman's place. 

Gronk trade aside I'd be down to trade Freeman for a pick to land Chubb. Would save us a ton of money and I don't think the drop off between Free and Chubb will be that big. It would allow us to resign Coleman next year. 

58 minutes ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Gronk is still the best TE in the leauge by far and hes only 28 on a good deal. I'd offer a 2nd round pick. Would instantly give us the most dynamic offense in the leauge.

The problem with Gronk really is his longterm viability. Does he want to continue playing and/or will his body hold up for 3-4 more years. 

He's the best TE I've ever seen and I dont think its particularly close, TBH. But he plays such a brutal style, its fair to wonder if that can continue. Can he follow the career path of some of the other great TEs (Gonzo, Witten, etc.) or is he more likely to be a Jeremy Shockey-esque career, where his body breaks down at a relatively young age?

idk. Heckuva player tho. 

6 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

The problem with Gronk really is his longterm viability. Does he want to continue playing and/or will his body hold up for 3-4 more years. 

He's the best TE I've ever seen and I dont think its particularly close, TBH. But he plays such a brutal style, its fair to wonder if that can continue. Can he follow the career path of some of the other great TEs (Gonzo, Witten, etc.) or is he more likely to be a Jeremy Shockey-esque career, where his body breaks down at a relatively young age?

idk. Heckuva player tho. 

He is already hinting at retirement, that would be my only concern.  They say once you are talking about retirement, you may as well retire.

If we could get a few years out of him, I'd be all for it at the right price.