Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SacFalcFan

April 2018 UGA Recruiting Thread

143 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Turkeydawg said:

Sentell doesn't know because OP doesn't know.  

If he doesn’t pick UGA with Roquan going first round and the past year we had and what we have for talent showing the futures bright then there is nothing else to show as of right now. 

Only thing left would be to show the differences between the schools after this coming season W-L record and bowl/playoffs hopefully.  And that we can be consistently winners in the playoff hunt while the others are not. 

5 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Yeah the “tell” for me was when Sentell and BA basically stopped talking about Pappoe - I believe Sentell knows.

I’m gonna have to agree with Turkeydawg on this one. I think they stopped talking about it cuz it’s a cluster right now with Pappoe. He’s either masterfully playing the recruiting game to generate attention or he genuinely doesn’t know where he wants to go. I have no idea and the only confidence on OP seems to come in the form of “he will be a Dawg in the end.”

He is committing the day before my birthday so I hope Pappoe gives me some good news. :) 

g-dawg likes this

1 minute ago, Carter said:

I’m gonna have to agree with Turkeydawg on this one. I think they stopped talking about it cuz it’s a cluster right now with Pappoe. He’s either masterfully playing the recruiting game to generate attention or he genuinely doesn’t know where he wants to go. I have no idea and the only confidence on OP seems to come in the form of “he will be a Dawg in the end.”

He is committing the day before my birthday so I hope Pappoe gives me some good news. :) 

Hope you are right.   I am sure OP is getting wall-to-wall coverage right now in Auburn but it seems to have depressed the UGA coverage.  We have all gotten so used to winning every close contest that losing one will taste bitter.   Of course I know Kirby and staff won’t be deterred or give up on him.

4 hours ago, Carter said:

i see a ton of confidence from auburn guys. it will be interesting to see where he ends up on the 1st.. now that doesn't mean his recruitment is over.. he has been close to committing to uga on more than 1 occassion and yet backed off both times.. i wonder what is keeping him from committing publicly..  sounds like to me someone is in his ear in his inner circle.. that could mean a number of things of course. 

34 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

i see a ton of confidence from auburn guys. it will be interesting to see where he ends up on the 1st.. now that doesn't mean his recruitment is over.. he has been close to committing to uga on more than 1 occassion and yet backed off both times.. i wonder what is keeping him from committing publicly..  sounds like to me someone is in his ear in his inner circle.. that could mean a number of things of course. 

AmericusDawg on SEC Rant who seems to be an insider who had a perfect track record last recruiting season is saying “not so fast” to all this “OP to AU” stuff.  

People swear by him over there and I have seen him to be very accurate.

Dr.Falconfan likes this

Is this a case of $$$ exchanging hands?  Or will we be able to swing him back to the good guys?

1 hour ago, Cockybrit said:

Is this a case of $$$ exchanging hands?  Or will we be able to swing him back to the good guys?

Unfortunately the answer is yes and no.

2 hours ago, Ransack said:

Probably best just to stay away from those Grayson kids and Watson.

They have some talented kids though

2 hours ago, Cockybrit said:

Money exchanges hands from some boosters at all big time college programs. I never got the feeling Owen was all in on UGA. First it was FSU and if true Auburn. He is good but I'm sure UGA will be fine

Pappoe gave it away when he switched to the under armour game.. 

3 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

Pappoe gave it away when he switched to the under armour game.. 

If the 99% OP goes to AU converts to 100% tonight, are you as confident as all these others that Kirby can flip him by December or January?

11 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

If the 99% OP goes to 100% tonight, are you as confident as all these others that Kirby can flip him by December or January?

I would be very surprised if we gave up at all on recruiting Pappoe. But no one should be upset if he commits to Auburn or even sticks until December/February. We have had a tremendous haul at LB and that’s going to continue with this class, with or without Pappoe.

g-dawg and 95Dawg like this

13 hours ago, Cockybrit said:

Meh... I don't like to just jump to that conclusion. He has said that he has the best relationship with their LB coach... and Auburn is recruiting a bunch of his lower rated friends. Some theorize that he's just helping out his friends to get better offers, others say he's really torn. No one really knows what he will ultimately do and it's likely that this one actually goes down to signing day regardless of today's announcement.

Grayson hasn't exactly been a pipeline to UGA.

g-dawg likes this