Ok I'm at a loss Why??

Many many of the mock drafts I see have the Falcons taking a WR  yet very few have the Falcons picking any LBs

WHY.

I mean over last 2 seasons they picked up Sanu  Roberts, Gabriel, Robinson  Nick Williams  Marvin Hall  etc  just before/ during season

BUT at LB only  "found"  Weatherspoon and Reynolds

Seems to me more Mocks would be picking LBs than WRs  and depenmd on FA for WRs

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mocks are like fantasy football....its for fun....truth is...unless you're in the inner circle...you have no idea what a team is thinking...sometimes you can guesstimate when its obvious...but when you have a team on the brink ..its hard. 

Dont worry about mocks...just wait until the smoke clears...

Roberts? Not on roster.

Gabriel? Not on roster.

Robinson? Not on roster.

Williams? Not on roster (yet).

There's a lot of guys behind Julio and Sanu that are either unproven or just not special. Justin Hardy, Marvin Hall, and Reggie Davis just aren't really names that a lot of people are comfortable with either as the WR3 or taking over for a period of time if Julio or Sanu had to miss time.

You also act like we haven't invested in linebacker in recent years. Deion Jones, De'Vondre Campbell, Duke Riley, (and sort of) Beasley have all been 4th round picks or higher that have seen playing time at LB. If you want to act like Marvin Hall is an addition for the receiving group, then you also have to note guys like Ishmael, Reynolds, and Weatherspoon who have been added to the linebacker group in similar fashion.

I'd much rather resign Kemal Ishmael and draft Christian Kirk than to draft another second round LBer and roll with what we have at WR.

Just now, RING OF HONOR said:

Mocks are like fantasy football....its for fun....truth is...unless you're in the inner circle...you have no idea what a team is thinking...sometimes you can guesstimate when its obvious...but when you have a team on the brink ..its hard. 

Dont worry about mocks...just wait until the smoke clears...

Yeah...pay attention to who the Falcons meet with.  We don't really hold our secrets close to the vest...and mocks aren't even educated guesses they are just guesses.

1 minute ago, King Jigsaw said:

Roberts? Not on roster.

Gabriel? Not on roster.

Robinson? Not on roster.

There's a lot of guys behind Julio and Sanu that are either unproven or just not special. Justin Hardy, Marvin Hall, and Reggie Davis just aren't really names that a lot of people are comfortable with either as the WR3 or taking over for a period of time if Julio or Sanu had to miss time.

You also act like we haven't invested in linebacker in recent years. Deion Jones, De'Vondre Campbell, Duke Riley, (and sort of) Beasley have all been 4th round picks or higher that have seen playing time at LB. If you want to act like Marvin Hall is an addition for the receiving group, then you also have to note guys like Ishmael, Reynolds, and Weatherspoon who have been added to the linebacker group in similar fashion.

I'd much rather resign Kemal Ishmael and draft Christian Kirk than to draft another second round LBer and roll with what we have at WR.

Same.....I see us addressing WR in Rd 2, would love to have Kirk. 

Just now, King Jigsaw said:

Roberts? Not on roster.

Gabriel? Not on roster.

Robinson? Not on roster.

I know they aren't on the roster NOW  point IS there are WRs available in FA  BUT seems  LBS are in short supply late Aug

21 minutes ago, athell said:

Yeah...pay attention to who the Falcons meet with.  We don't really hold our secrets close to the vest...and mocks aren't even educated guesses they are just guesses.

Most use fanspeak or something similar....these guys aren't near as sophisticated as most fans give them credit to being...

In fact, many of them are complete goofballs.....

Just now, delaigle said:

I know they aren't on the roster NOW  point IS there are WRs available in FA  BUT seems  LBS are in short supply late Aug

How is availability in August the point right now? Seriously? We haven't even hit the draft yet and you're griping about what positions won't be available for picking up 4-5 months down the road?

3 minutes ago, King Jigsaw said:

How is availability in August the point right now? Seriously? We haven't even hit the draft yet and you're griping about what positions won't be available for picking up 4-5 months down the road?

I;m not gripping just asking WHY no one seems to be MOCK drafting LBss

curently LBs  Campbell, Jone, Riley on roster

WRs  Jones, Sanu, Hardy, M Hall, R. Hall, R Davis on roster

just seems logical that LBs are more needed than WRs

21 minutes ago, delaigle said:

Many many of the mock drafts I see have the Falcons taking a WR  yet very few have the Falcons picking any LBs

WHY.

I mean over last 2 seasons they picked up Sanu  Roberts, Gabriel, Robinson  Nick Williams  Marvin Hall  etc  just before/ during season

partly because we have Riley, Debo, Campbell and Vic can play back there if needed. Easier position to round out roster with cheaper FAs as well

7 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

partly because we have Riley, Debo, Campbell and Vic can play back there if needed. Easier position to round out roster with cheaper FAs as well

so Vic is the ONLY backup LB (well Red in an emergency)  who takes his place at DE????  Shelby, Ifedi, j't Jones??????

Just now, delaigle said:

I;m not gripping just asking WHY no one seems to be MOCK drafting LBss

curently LBs  Campbell, Jone, Riley on roster

WRs  Jones, Sanu, Hardy, M Hall, R. Hall, R Davis on roster

just seems logical that LBs are more needed than WRs

Most seem to think that Williams, Ishmael, and Reynolds will return to the Falcons because they all tested the waters and haven't been signed by anyone else. It's easy to see only one of those last three receivers you listed making the 53 and Marvin Hall probably has the inside track to be that guy. Julio, Sanu, (Rookie), Hardy, Williams, and Hall is what most imagine the depth chart looking like going into the season. Does that not seem logical to you?

4 minutes ago, DogIsYourName said:

Julio has already peaked and it's time to groom a new stud.  Usually takes WRs a couple years to really blossom.  Sanu is an average WR and unless something changes he'll be cut in the offseason next year so we can sign our young bucks.

D@mn....thats all I can come up with ...

:rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, King Jigsaw said:

Most seem to think that Williams, Ishmael, and Reynolds will return to the Falcons because they all tested the waters and haven't been signed by anyone else. It's easy to see only one of those last three receivers you listed making the 53 and Marvin Hall probably has the inside track to be that guy. Julio, Sanu, (Rookie), Hardy, Williams, and Hall is what most imagine the depth chart looking like going into the season. Does that not seem logical to you?

put Hardy a 3 and keep Davis   replace (ROOKIE) with an OLB pick just as logical

added I just can't see a "stud" WR and neglecting a sorely deficient LB corp

1 minute ago, delaigle said:

put Hardy a 3 and keep Davis   replace (ROOKIE) with an OLB pick just as logical

Except that Hardy isn't a very good starter. He has decent hands but lacks the athleticism needed to get routine separation. There's a reason he's being tried out as a returner this offseason, and that's because there's not a large enough role carved out for him on offense to warrant his roster spot.

2 minutes ago, King Jigsaw said:

Except that Hardy isn't a very good starter. He has decent hands but lacks the athleticism needed to get routine separation. There's a reason he's being tried out as a returner this offseason, and that's because there's not a large enough role carved out for him on offense to warrant his roster spot.

Hardy was scheduled to become #3 before they signed Gabriel   Ryan said at end of his first camp that he really liked Hardy

9 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Would love to get Desean Hamilton in round 3 if he is there. 

I agree we need LBs. I am not sold enough on Riley to pencil him in as the answer but my fingers are crossed. I can see one being drafted, but round 1 would be a surprise to me.

Yeah...I like Hamilton too....good kid...good story...dont know about round 3 though...but I like the pick..

15 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

in the last 2 seasons they have only "found" Weatherspoon, Reynolds Wheeler yep cheaper but less talented

1 hour ago, delaigle said:

WHY.

I just listed Tremaine Edmunds in the "Who Would You Draft" thread.

But also listed Christian Kirk.