atljbo

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, atljbo said:

yea im a big Taven Bryan fan..... I want Taven over Vea to be honest #hottake

I really think Vea is somewhat overrated.  I don't hate Vea, but I don't see him as a dominant player on NFL level - more of a plugger like Danny Shelton - who played for UW as well and was taken in top 10 by Cleveland and after two years was traded for a 3rd round draft pick.

10 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I really think Vea is somewhat overrated.  I don't hate Vea, but I don't see him as a dominant player on NFL level - more of a plugger like Danny Shelton - who played for UW as well and was taken in top 10 by Cleveland and after two years was traded for a 3rd round draft pick.

I agree .. I think ppls are getting lost in the headlights .... I like Vea ... I would take vea at 26 .... I think its crazy ppls saying he is top 10 .... I think he will be a problem vs the run.... The problem is he a legit 3 down player.

When i say legit ... Im saying Geno Atkins type guy if im taking you top 10.. Fletcher Cox type production... **** Grady Jarrett type production.

That was my problem with resiging Poe.... I like Poe...  I just didnt think he was worth that price tho

11 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Shelton is who I see when I see Vea. To me Hurst and Bryan are more disruptive against the pass.

25 minutes ago, atljbo said:

yea im a big Taven Bryan fan..... I want Taven over Vea to be honest #hottake

Me too brother, I see no chance of Bryan being there at 26 though.  He is no secret at all.  I pity the guys that will try to block him for 4 quarters in the nfl.  If he lands with a good defensive teacher, he can be really good.  DQ could line him up all over the Dline & create havoc.  I love the idea of he & Jarrett.  Plus, if we add a NT type guy as well, it's all over.

1 minute ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Me too brother, I see no chance of Bryan being there at 26 though.  He is no secret at all.  I pity the guys that will try to block him for 4 quarters in the nfl.  If he lands with a good defensive teacher, he can be really good.  DQ could line him up all over the Dline & create havoc.  I love the idea of he & Jarrett.  Plus, if we add a NT type guy as well, it's all over.

in my mock ima have us trading up..... some will hate it .. **** i hate it but we will have to pull another takk type trade

G-Dawg DT board:

1. Da'Ron Payne
  2. Taven Bryan
  3. Vita Vea
  4. Tim Settle
  5. Nathan Sheperd
  6. BJ Hill

I feel like we need to come out of this draft with one of those six guys.   While I don't believe NFL GMs are undervaluing Payne, I know that TATF is undervaluing him.  He's a player and I am not going to hold it against him that he had players like  Jaran Reed, A'Shawn Robinson and Jonathan Allen for part of his career.    Payne will be a better pro and won't be asked to eat as many blocks in DQ's system as he had to do in Saban's system.   He was cut loose in the playoff games to play a more attacking style and it showed as he dominated both Clemson's offensive line as well as Georgia.

1 minute ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

I agree. I think that he'll be long gone. Although, I'm way cooled on Bryan as well. He's rough...as in very raw around the edges. 

5 minutes ago, atljbo said:

I agree .. I think ppls are getting lost in the headlights .... I like Vea ... I would take vea at 26 .... I think its crazy ppls saying he is top 10 .... I think he will be a problem vs the run.... The problem is he a legit 3 down player.

When i say legit ... Im saying Geno Atkins type guy if im taking you top 10.. Fletcher Cox type production... **** Grady Jarrett type production.

That was my problem with resiging Poe.... I like Poe...  I just didnt think he was worth that price tho

I think that he can play 3 downs. Same as Poe, but I don't know what a trade up would be for him. It could cost quite a bit. Will he be a Hali Ngata type player? Who knows

You keep bringing up production. You do realize that Bryan's production at UF was minimal compared to his athleticism and ceiling, right?

Honestly, all these DTs are flawed big time. 

5 minutes ago, atljbo said:

in my mock ima have us trading up..... some will hate it .. **** i hate it but we will have to pull another takk type trade

If we traded up a few spots for him I don't have a problem with it.  But we can't get too aggressive.  I would love to watch he & Jarrett & Takk on Sundays!  It would be special. I can't imagine he and Takk next to each other, talk about viscous dogs going after red meat I wouldn't be able to contain myself.  Our D would be wicked strong.

4 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

Yeah that is the scary part with me on Bryan. His highlight tape looks great but most guys do look great on their highlight tape.   The guy has been starting three years, and he's managed 10.5 TFL in his career?  Tim Settle had 12.5 TFL just this past season. 

Just now, MSalmon said:

I agree. I think that he'll be long gone. Although, I'm way cooled on Bryan as well. He's rough...as in very raw around the edges. 

I think that he can play 3 downs. Same as Poe, but I don't know what a trade up would be for him. It could cost quite a bit. Will he be a Hali Ngata type player? Who knows

You keep bringing up production. You do realize that Bryan's production at UF was minimal compared to his athleticism and ceiling, right?

im talking about traits coming into the league .... I never brought up college stats .. im talking about production you would want for a top 10 pick when in the league .

But if you go by college production.. danny shelton would have been a monster rusher as a DT

Im not saying you want a guy with nooo college production but college production doesnt dictate nfl success.... So yea il looking at taven bryan explosive traits because i dont know what his assignment was at florida

14 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

G-Dawg DT board:

1. Da'Ron Payne
  2. Taven Bryan
  3. Vita Vea
  4. Tim Settle
  5. Nathan Sheperd
  6. BJ Hill

I feel like we need to come out of this draft with one of those six guys.   While I don't believe NFL GMs are undervaluing Payne, I know that TATF is undervaluing him.  He's a player and I am not going to hold it against him that he had players like  Jaran Reed, A'Shawn Robinson and Jonathan Allen for part of his career.    Payne will be a better pro and won't be asked to eat as many blocks in DQ's system as he had to do in Saban's system.   He was cut loose in the playoff games to play a more attacking style and it showed as he dominated both Clemson's offensive line as well as Georgia.

I agree with you 100%, though I would replace Settle with PJ Hall.  

Truthfully, I believe that both Bryan and Payne will get drafted earlier than our #26.  I would be happy with either one.  Payne is very young and has enormous potential.  And unlike so many prospects with "potential", I think his attitude and desire will make him a very special player.    

Having written all that, I can see TD moving up in the first round to get their guy:  Bryan.

14 minutes ago, Peyton said:

Yeah that is the scary part with me on Bryan. His highlight tape looks great but most guys do look great on their highlight tape.   The guy has been starting three years, and he's managed 10.5 TFL in his career?  Tim Settle had 12.5 TFL just this past season. 

Agree. When you write the numbers out it’s even more stark. And, even though he was inside, he was definitely in attacking mode. He also has really bad instincts—maybe it’s just being new to the game.

its a shame settle didn’t have Bryan’s body lol

settle is productive but has a bad body and in need of conditioning 

2 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

Agree. When you write the numbers out it’s even more stark. And, even though he was inside, he was definitely in attacking mode. He also has really bad instincts—maybe it’s just being new to the game.

its a shame settle didn’t have Bryan’s body lol

settle is productive but has a bad body and in need of conditioning 

Payne was even less productive, 1 TFL in 2017.  I'd think any DT on the field for the majority of the snaps would at least luck into 2 lol.

12 minutes ago, atljbo said:

im talking about traits coming into the league .... I never brought up college stats .. im talking about production you would want for a top 10 pick when in the league .

But if you go by college production.. danny shelton would have been a monster rusher as a DT

Im not saying you want a guy with nooo college production but college production doesnt dictate nfl success.... So yea il looking at taven bryan explosive traits because i dont know what his assignment was at florida

I agree stats aren’t everything, but you do like to see some production to match the athleticism. Particularly, for a non NT player. 

Shelton was a NT, as is Vea so any statistical production makes you take notice.

Bryan, from my watching him, looked like he was simplified “get upfield.” I se a lot of overruns and being off balance as well.

It appears he was in a position to succeed much more imo, but I’m still watching him, so I could definitely be wrong 

Just now, Peyton said:

Payne was even less productive, 1 TFL in 2017.  I'd think any DT on the field for the majority of the snaps would at least luck into 2 lol.

@Knight of God my other bama loving guy agrees “buyer beware” with Payne. One year in the system—a system that churns out DTs and nil production. I’ll pass

27 minutes ago, Peyton said:

i totally get the concerns and i agree with yall... its flaws with all the prospects .. I will say this .. He only started 2 games before this year i think....He came to forida as a O-Lineman... so he wasnt a 3 year starter... Had to wait his turn in that florida system.

Payne had to wait his turn also

But their are def concerns..... All this is based on Coach Quinn and Young doing what they do with his traits

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

G-Dawg DT board:

1. Da'Ron Payne
  2. Taven Bryan
  3. Vita Vea
  4. Tim Settle
  5. Nathan Sheperd
  6. BJ Hill

Nailed it. I have Settle at #5, but would draft him until 2nd round depending on board.

Payne or Bryan in a trade up? I haven’t seen Falcons “big boy brass” linked to either of them in Pro Days or workouts?

1 minute ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Nailed it. I have Settle at #5, but would draft him until 2nd round depending on board.

Payne or Bryan in a trade up? I haven’t seen Falcons “big boy brass” linked to either of them in Pro Days or workouts?

I think the thread @Unintentional Grounding Lewis has us linked to Bryan. I think Vita Vea as wel. I don’t recall any links to Payne

Just now, MSalmon said:

I think the thread @Unintentional Grounding Lewis has us linked to Bryan. I think Vita Vea as wel. I don’t recall any links to Payne

I e been following it, but I’m referring to TD, DQ, or Pioli with vista/workouts with any of those guys. I haven’t seen it?

Also, anyone else think Hankins or Logan have a verbal agreement on a deal but are waiting until June 1 for signing? Just seems odd to not hear anything on those guys for some time now?

My gut tells me both are with teams that are playoff caliber and need to wait until June 1 deadline? Thoughts?