Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FalconofShadows

Who would you draft

77 posts in this topic

If we cannot get some great trade with another team (next years 1st round pick and this years 2nd round pick for our 1st?), we could probably go with a TE or WR - New Orleans is right behind us and has needs at both of these positions.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

Christian Kirk or Gesicki. If not, I'd try and trade down with the Giants or Broncos, if they're interested in Jackson. Might even be able to grab Kirk or Gesicki at one of those spots

Slappywhite likes this

I just spent 15 minutes watching video of Mike Gesicki because he is apparently the flavor of the week on the board.  I guess his combo 40 got everyone excited.  He certainly doesn't look that fast on his football tape though.  I'd be shocked if the Falcons spent their first rounder on him with that giant hole at DT.

g-dawg and vel like this

40 minutes ago, Peyton said:

I just spent 15 minutes watching video of Mike Gesicki because he is apparently the flavor of the week on the board.  I guess his combo 40 got everyone excited.  He certainly doesn't look that fast on his football tape though.  I'd be shocked if the Falcons spent their first rounder on him with that giant hole at DT.

I have watched all his games being a PSU guy. He is the real deal. His catch radius is insane. His body control is great...that’s on top of a fast forty (top end long strider) and 41” vert to go with being like 6,6”.

that said, he isn’t an in-line blocker. More of an aaron Hernandez type of game. He has a narrow base, so def more of a move guy.

that said, I think he ends up a round 2 guy.

I do like the safety Marcus Allen from PSU. He could go higher than many here expect IMO, possibly ahead of Gesicki.

Slappywhite likes this

12 hours ago, Knight of God said:

40 players projected for the 1st and there are people here saying, "Then we got no one." 

Well, it was a trick question, with all the board favorites already gone.

Knight of God likes this

14 hours ago, celtiksage said:

That would be the worst draft possible for us. I'm with Artys. TE or trade down.

That means no team reaches or has a WTF moment and we know that never happens.

Nice ROH. I thought the same thing. LMAO

I see too many teams falling in love with offensive players and other higher profile positions for this to happen. 

No way all 25 teams in front of us have a rational moment and draft as such.

papachaz likes this

13 hours ago, Knight of God said:

40 players projected for the 1st and there are people here saying, "Then we got no one." 

Agreed.  We pick #26 & suddenly after 25 picks, nobody is left.  So weird.

Let's take a look at just a few potential first rounders who weren't selected:

Interior Defensive Line

Harrison Philips

Edge Rushers

Arden Key

Sam Hubbard

Linebackers

Leighton Vander Esch

Rashaan Evans

Echenna Nwosu

Corners

Mike Hughes

Jaire Alexander

Safties

Ronnie Harrison

Jessie Bates III

Justin Reid

These are all guys arguably considered in top 5 at their respective position groups.

Knight of God likes this

2 hours ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

This is the pick. A stud athletic SLB with rush ability. It’s a no brainer

I love the Dawgs, and I wouldn't be unhappy with this pick, but he does concern me.  He seemed to disappear a lot.  Honestly, I don't think his production matched his beastly body.  If he can ever play to his potential, he could be a monster.

camfalcon and Slappywhite like this

18 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

laugh and dance to the podium with Gesicki personally. However D.J. Moore may be better if he returns punts and kicks.

Personally I like it, but some angry dude named Austin Hooper called and said please die and take your fanboys with you.  :lol:

Trade back with someone who has an early 2nd round pick for that pick and our loss 5th rounder and take TE Geliski he can make an impact on our offense immediately. Then with our second 2nd round pick I take athletic Lorenzo Carter he can help somewhere immediately. Take DT from N C STATE B J Hill in the 3rd. Take WR Antonio Callaway in the 4th immediate help. Double dip DT with Trenton Thompson in the 5th. Take FB Dimitri Flowers in the 6th, take QB Riley Ferguson in the 7th and that speed guy from Grambling or OL from Maine in the 7th. 

id say trade back if possible, if not go bpa. based on this draft i have that as

vander esche

arden key

hayden hurst

mike hughes

harrison phillips

christian kirk

ronnie harrison

so id say vander esche

5 hours ago, Peyton said:

Your right, we have to fill that DT spot.