Idea for New Madden franchise

So I’m in a NFL mood big time right now and need a new franchise in Madden to help me get my fix. So NBA 2K has this awesome feature where you can start a franchise at the offseason, so on that note I had an idea for a chise that essentially started at the NFL draft. With a could big trades included.

For this I won’t be doing the Takk trade, but instead will be trading for Earl Thomas, giving up Vic Beasley in the process. Here’s my draft:

trade Vic & 3rd & 7th 2018 picks for ET & 106th 2017 Pick 

1st Round 31st Pick: Taco Charlton (28th)

2nd Round 63rd Pick: Tim Williams (78th)

3rd Round 95th Pick: Carl Lawson (116th)

3rd Round 106th Pick: Dorian Johnson (115th)

4th Round 136th Pick: Jake Butt (145th)

5th Round 174th Pick: Xavier Woods (191st)

7th Round 249th Pick: Corey Clement (UDFA)

I included where the player actually went just to give an idea of how different this draft would be. The main reason I’m trading away Beasley is because  for some reason his sack-champ season doesn’t show up in his career stats in the game. And with all the ET trade rumors going around this offseason I thought it would be nice to change things up. 

2 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Also the Seahawks would never do that trade.

Vic for ET straight up isn’t that bad for them at all. They’re obviously cleaning house now anyways so why not snag a franchise pillar on D and a few draft picks. What about it would you change to make it more realistic? 

11 minutes ago, shock said:

Vic for ET straight up isn’t that bad for them at all. They’re obviously cleaning house now anyways so why not snag a franchise pillar on D and a few draft picks. What about it would you change to make it more realistic? 

What is realistic about trading away a franchise pillar and then have a perfect draft?

2 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

What is realistic about trading away a franchise pillar and then have a perfect draft?

I meant the trade itself. This is for Madden dude, and a way to try something different and make a game that’s past it’s prime be a little more fun. 

And the draft isn’t exactly perfect, like I said, quite a few of those players didn’t amount to much last year. 

Edited by shock
7 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

This draft is far from perfect. Taco vastly underachieved last year. Tim Williams barely played, Carl Lawson is a baller and a steal like he was in real life. Dorian Johnson got cut. Jake Butt didn’t play at all last year. Woods & Clement have plenty of potential but didn’t play a whole lot. 

I understand the hate for the Beasley trade, but as I already mentioned, I’m trading him mainly because his career year is absent from his stat sheet in the game. And I want to spice up the franchise with something a little drastic. Also with all the trade rumors surrounding ET and the fact that the Seahawks are blowing up their defense in real life, it’s not that strange. 

Just now, shock said:

This draft is far from perfect. Taco vastly underachieved last year. Tim Williams barely played, Carl Lawson is a baller and a steal like he was in real life. Dorian Johnson got cut. Jake Butt didn’t play at all last year. Woods & Clement have plenty of potential but didn’t play a whole lot. 

I understand the hate for the Beasley trade, but as I already mentioned, I’m trading him mainly because his career year is absent from his stat sheet in the game. And I want to spice up the franchise with something a little drastic. Also with all the trade rumors surrounding ET and the fact that the Seahawks are blowing up their defense in real life, it’s not that strange. 

They want multiple first round picks for him. Beasley maybe covers for 1 but you'd still have to give up another.

9 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

They want multiple first round picks for him. Beasley maybe covers for 1 but you'd still have to give up another.

So Vic and a 2018 1st for ET and the 3rd I used for Dorian Johnson sound a little more fair? Or would you throw more in? 

5 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

I'd say that's what it would probably take at least.

I was also planning on trading Gabriel to the Bears since he didn’t really fit into Sark’s scheme and we didn’t keep him anyway. Try and land a 4th round pick or so for him. 

Which leads me to a final trade I had thought about for this. A 2018 2nd round pick for Martavis Bryant. Think that’s enough to land that guy? I’d have Sanu work the slot and have Bryant & Julio outside. 

Edited by shock
20 minutes ago, shock said:

I was also planning on trading Gabriel to the Bears since he didn’t really fit into Sark’s scheme and we didn’t keep him anyway. Try and land a 4th round pick or so for him. 

Which leads me to a final trade I had thought about for this. A 2018 2nd round pick for Martavis Bryant. Think that’s enough to land that guy? I’d have Sanu work the slot and have Bryant & Julio outside. 

Probably enough in real life but I usually do it on Madden for less :lol: he's a beast to trade for.

4 hours ago, shock said:

So I’m in a NFL mood big time right now and need a new franchise in Madden to help me get my fix. So NBA 2K has this awesome feature where you can start a franchise at the offseason, so on that note I had an idea for a chise that essentially started at the NFL draft. With a could big trades included.

For this I won’t be doing the Takk trade, but instead will be trading for Earl Thomas, giving up Vic Beasley in the process. Here’s my draft:

trade Vic & 3rd & 7th 2018 picks for ET & 106th 2017 Pick 

1st Round 31st Pick: Taco Charlton (28th)

2nd Round 63rd Pick: Tim Williams (78th)

3rd Round 95th Pick: Carl Lawson (116th)

3rd Round 106th Pick: Dorian Johnson (115th)

4th Round 136th Pick: Jake Butt (145th)

5th Round 174th Pick: Xavier Woods (191st)

7th Round 249th Pick: Corey Clement (UDFA)

I included where the player actually went just to give an idea of how different this draft would be. The main reason I’m trading away Beasley is because  for some reason his sack-champ season doesn’t show up in his career stats in the game. And with all the ET trade rumors going around this offseason I thought it would be nice to change things up. 

I would cheat so hard....In the off-season right before the draft i would save the game then sim the whole season just to see who were the best rookies...cut the game off/on then make a few trades to pick up some extra picks and draft the best rooks from that year.

2 hours ago, IamFRESCO1 said:

I would cheat so hard....In the off-season right before the draft i would save the game then sim the whole season just to see who were the best rookies...cut the game off/on then make a few trades to pick up some extra picks and draft the best rooks from that year.

You don't even have to do that tbh, you can only scout 3 traits and it tell you if they're a 1,2,3,etc round talent. It's super easy. Instead of having to scout every trait and actually know what's good for what position and what not it only lets you scout a players best 3 traits.

So a corner would look like

B Man B Zone B Press First round talent.

Or a lineman is 

A- pass block B+ run block C- impact  block 2nd round talent

Etc 

It's really watered down and boring now. 

Plus stockpiling picks is easy. Sign any RB in FA 75 ovr or higher and 27 or younger and you can trade them for a first round pick the next year because they're valued as second round picks.