Vyncint Smith

Falcons have a workout set up for Limestone's speedy wide receiver Vyncint Smith on Monday. 

Dude ran a 4.36 40 --- the kind of speed Quinn's looking for! 

A possible #3 WR?  Don't know where he'll go in the draft, and had never even seen the name, until I saw it on AJC in one of DOL's pieces.  And he also posted a highlights video of him, and the kid's insane!!!  

Edited by FalconJim

15 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

He's projected at UDFA, but they will likely take him in the 4th or 6th.

Well, if they like him, and we could get him as a UDFA, it'd be great not to have to use a draft pick for him.  But even if we have to spend a 4th - 6th for him, I would be fine with that.  He just sounds like a diamond in the rough to me, and Dimitroff seems to like those (even though he's not that good at it, lol)!!!  

Bring him home, TD! 

Edited by FalconJim

1 hour ago, FalconJim said:

Well, if they like him, and we could get him as a UDFA, it'd be great not to have to use a draft pick for him.  But even if we have to spend a 4th - 6th for him, I would be fine with that.  He just sounds like a diamond in the rough to me, and Dimitroff seems to like those (even though he's not that good at it, lol)!!!  

Bring him home, TD! 

Yeah I'm totally not ok with taking a UDFA in the 4th bruh.

1 hour ago, Malachore said:

But it's not up to you, bruh, or me either.....it's up to our HC and GM to make that decision after working him out on Monday.  Pretty sure they'll know whether he's worth a draft pick, or not....or to wait and pick him up after the Draft as a UDFA. 
It's why they make the big bucks --- ;) 

Edited by FalconJim

On 3/30/2018 at 10:41 PM, FalconJim said:

Bring him home, TD! 

our last pick is just a PFA pick. This is who we need with a 6th or 7th 

5 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

Holy **** no way. And people want to draft a burner? Give this kid a chance! 

They kept him around on roster. I do think his speed is so rare. He also had a 40 inch vertical. he's explosive. I think he brings at least Gabriel type ability for a lower cost. 

I still love Trey Quinn from SMU as my slot guy. Running back type build, good YAC zone breaker. Think Hardy but bigger and YAC ability.

4 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

I know I looked it up for you and was like wtf that HAS to be a typo, but no. How could he go undrafted based on that 40? If nothing else put him at KR. I wonder what kind of CB he would make. That's just stupid speed.

Antone Smith went undrafted too right? I really think the NFL has an incredibly stupid belief against height. It’s not basketball. 

You could easily build a super bowl team with guys 6’0 and under. Brees or Wilson, Freeman, Grady, and so on. 

Edited by NeonDeion

2 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

Antone Smith went undrafted too right? I really think the NFL has an incredibly stupid belief against height. It’s not basketball. 

You could easily build a super bowl team with guys 6’0 and under. Brees or Wilson, Freeman, Grady, and so on. 

For the most part that is very true although OT is one position that you have to be taller than 6. I'd name an exception but IDK if there is one.

2 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

yeah he did. I think injury concerns were the biggest reason. Had he been durable he would have been a 3rd day pick i.m.o. Dude scored every 4 carries but was injured every 10 snaps over his career, and every 3 snaps in 2013. If he had been used at all in 2012 against SF.. If he could have stayed healthy he would have been better than Kamara. I just can't think of anyone, even Jerious, that had THAT much homerun ability Dude only had 40 career rushes. That is a ton of injuries for 40 rush attempts.

4 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

yeah he did. I think injury concerns were the biggest reason. Had he been durable he would have been a 3rd day pick i.m.o. Dude scored every 4 carries but was injured every 10 snaps over his career, and every 3 snaps in 2013. If he had been used at all in 2012 against SF.. If he could have stayed healthy he would have been better than Kamara. I just can't think of anyone, even Jerious, that had THAT much homerun ability Dude only had 40 career rushes. That is a ton of injuries for 40 rush attempts.

He really had that many injuries? I only remember one. I just thought Smith had him riding the pine the whole time. 

On 4/4/2018 at 9:44 AM, MSalmon said:

They kept him around on roster. I do think his speed is so rare. He also had a 40 inch vertical. he's explosive. I think he brings at least Gabriel type ability for a lower cost. 

I still love Trey Quinn from SMU as my slot guy. Running back type build, good YAC zone breaker. Think Hardy but bigger and YAC ability.

Agreed on Trey Quinn :tiphat:

On 4/5/2018 at 4:03 AM, NeonDeion said:

He really had that many injuries? I only remember one. I just thought Smith had him riding the pine the whole time. 

Oh well yeah, ther is that too. Lol.He had bad fumble problems and turnovers and penalties were what Smith preached about every bloody week. I'm not for turnovers by any means but you just can't sit a guy like that. He played last season, but didn't do much. 

Edited by ATLSlobberKnockers

On 4/4/2018 at 9:44 AM, MSalmon said:

He sounds like D.J. Moore. Actually just watched his video and man he comes down with the catch with perfect coverage draped all over him. He can also find the soft spot in zone coverage.

Edited by ATLSlobberKnockers

On 3/30/2018 at 11:55 PM, Malachore said:

You can’t take an UDFA in the 4th. You can’t take a 1st rounder in the 2nd.

A prospect is just a prospect with a grade. Those grades are only projections, not scientific proof of their ability, just an (outsiders ) opinion of their value.

If a GM decides to take a prospect rated as a 7th rounder in the 3rd round, then that prospect is now a 3rd rounder, period. Regardless of any pre draft grades, a player is what they are drafted as. And from the moment of being drafted it is on them to live up to that, and it’s on the organization to give them the support  necessary to succeed.

14 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Oh well yeah, ther is that too. Lol.He had bad fumble problems and turnovers and penalties were what Smith preached about every bloody week. I'm not for turnovers by any means but you just can't sit a guy like that. He played last season, but didn't do much. 

He had Bad penalties, fumbles, and turnovers? I don’t remember that at all 

3 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

He had Bad penalties, fumbles, and turnovers? I don’t remember that at all 

Nah he had fumbleitis, but no penalties I recall. I was just saying every week Smith saying we have to cutdown on penalties and turnovers. But Smith was always willing to put "hands" in over explosiveness i.e. The Adam Jennings project.