FentayeJones

Nick Chubb Visiting Falcons

174 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

Uhh does he play DL? If not why are we looking a him? He will be gone by our first pick

LOL ...craziness is out in full force today.

papachaz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

Uhh does he play DL? If not why are we looking a him? He will be gone by our first pick

Michel could wind up going in the 1st or early 2nd but Chubb could def. fall to our 2nd pick.  Folks are dreaming if they think he falls to our 3rd though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Theyhateme : ) said:

So you were okay with our Oline all year long through the end?  :D

No, I thought management made a huge mistake not having a better plan at OG than Wes. 

But even with that, it was still a top 10 OL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CraigSmackDaddy said:

Michel could wind up going in the 1st or early 2nd but Chubb could def. fall to our 2nd pick.  Folks are dreaming if they think he falls to our 3rd though.

Even if he did which I still think is unlikely I can think of 5 area's of need we need to look at WAY WAY WAY before we get another RB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Other teams with elite defensive lines are allowed to win snaps. 

And FTR, Coleman absolutely gashed the Eagles during that game. he was averaging ~7 yards a carry and like 9 yards a touch. 

Some of you guys talk like its reasonable to expect an OL that never loses snaps. It's ludicrous. 

EDIT TO ADD: Coleman average 7.9 YPC against the Eagles. One catch for 14 yards and then rushing attempts for: +5, +12, +6, -4, +23, +18, -1, +3, +7, +10

If anything, we didn’t run the ball enough with Coleman that Game...at least until Eagles showed they could halfway stop him, which they never did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

I don't really buy this, TBH. Well...at least the stuff about being "inconsistent between the tackles"

Freeman is one of the best between the tackles backs in the league. 

I guess I agree that neither can "handle the load" by themselves. But that sort of entails a 330+ attempt RB. But thats not the way the league works anymore. You're much better off spreading the load between 2-3 backs and trying to manufacture touches for backs in both the run game and the pass game. So you want guys that are capable (or better) in both areas. Freeman and Coleman are both among the best RBs in the league in terms of having complete games. 

That being said....Coleman is obviously a questionmark moving forward. So the FO has to prepare for how the intend on handling his impending FA. 

I wish I could like this Bc it’s what I’ve been trying to say the whole time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

Even if he did which I still think is unlikely I can think of 5 area's of need we need to look at WAY WAY WAY before we get another RB.

I agree but I won’t be mad at all if we take Chubb in the 2nd.  I think he’s that good.   Also, I don’t see us keeping Coleman after this season so RB is a need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, etherdome said:

Based on Freeman's recurrent concussions and Coleman's Sickle Cell Trait, I would say that we are vulnerable at RB.  

My thoughts exactly.  Freeman's long term viability as a running back are slim with the way he runs.  He is so tough for a player of his stature, but I am afraid his toughness is going to be his downfall.  

datboilando likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Vandy said:

No, I thought management made a huge mistake not having a better plan at OG than Wes. 

But even with that, it was still a top 10 OL.

I heard top 5 the other day...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Vandy said:

WTF has 3 year vet gurley got to do with anything? Plus He was a Top 10 pick, Chubb will be a day 2 pick. 

See Gurley’s 2016 season. Now THAT was a bad OL...

 

Dude....calm down and try and have a conversation....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Theyhateme : ) said:

Dude....calm down and try and have a conversation....

I’m perfectly calm....dude. 

You comparing a day 2 pick to an early day one pick is what appears to be the more overly excited (irrational) viewpoint. 

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

I don't really buy this, TBH. Well...at least the stuff about being "inconsistent between the tackles"

Freeman is one of the best between the tackles backs in the league. 

I guess I agree that neither can "handle the load" by themselves. But that sort of entails a 330+ attempt RB. But thats not the way the league works anymore. You're much better off spreading the load between 2-3 backs and trying to manufacture touches for backs in both the run game and the pass game. So you want guys that are capable (or better) in both areas. Freeman and Coleman are both among the best RBs in the league in terms of having complete games. 

That being said....Coleman is obviously a questionmark moving forward. So the FO has to prepare for how the intend on handling his impending FA. 

Larry, our goal line and short yardage conversion has not been overly good. If you want to look it up, and let’s debate it I’m open to that, I’m lazy today, so please forgive me.

but we all keep looking at Teco and Free with Homer lenses and through the games we saw in a shanny system

between the tackles in clutter  and moving the pile is not frees game. His patience and ability to cut on a dime is his assett. I think we overpaid him, but he’s certainly a nice back 

I dont Disagree. I actually caveated that statement with that very thing. It’s a different NFL. No, they were among the best under shannahan. Last year between injuries and inconsistency of the offense, you can’t make that statement. 

Could they rebound? Possibly, but my personal belief is that DQ wants to add power to this offense and play more smashmouth ball. This visit doesn’t surprise me. I’m sure many other physical backs will or have been scouted.

im far from an UGA homer but Chubb would be a great addition for several reasons:

1) he would be a hometown attraction. That does sell tickets

2) he’s patient and powerful. A more powerful version of freeman

3) I think he’s an underestimated game breaker. His long speed is quite good. He’ll break some long runs

and, bottom line, I’m not sure anyone really believed we’d sign, or be able to sign, Teco long term.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

I've started doing Fanspeak/First Pick mocks at night. I find myself frequently hovering around the RBs in Rd 3. I'm a bit torn but I think theres a lot of talent there. Frankly, if either Georgia RB is on the board at 90, I think I'd be okay with taking him. Assuming there arent talents of obvious superior value still on the board. 

What happened to fluidity lol

why rd 3? Aren’t you a proponent of taking the best talent? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I’m perfectly calm....dude. 

You comparing a day 2 pick to an early day one pick is what appears to be the more overly excited (irrational) viewpoint. 

:)

Well you said, "great runner between the tackles, perfect fit for the Falcons," I disagreed and you've been sensitive every since.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Beef said:

Maybe we’re not as in need of a TE as we all think and TD going with RB in second round. 

Chubb isn’t lasting until pick 90. 

I cannot see us going RB in the 2nd round, but it's possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

Why though? We’re not replacing Free right now. We don’t need a 3 back system and we can get an UDFA or re-sign ward for that 

We’ve always carried 3 backs. Why not draft him and let him and ward battle for that 3rd spot? Chubb could also be a short yardage option. He adds value immediately. AND he has homerun ability. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Theyhateme : ) said:

Well you said, "great runner between the tackles, perfect fit for the Falcons," I disagreed and you've been sensitive every since.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Other teams with elite defensive lines are allowed to win snaps. 

And FTR, Coleman absolutely gashed the Eagles during that game. he was averaging ~7 yards a carry and like 9 yards a touch. 

Some of you guys talk like its reasonable to expect an OL that never loses snaps. It's ludicrous. 

EDIT TO ADD: Coleman average 7.9 YPC against the Eagles. One catch for 14 yards and then rushing attempts for: +5, +12, +6, -4, +23, +18, -1, +3, +7, +10

Good post. It never amazes me that fans think our line loses everything and some other teams line wins ever battle. Smh

Slappywhite, Vandy, papachaz and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Theyhateme : ) said:

He can bounce it for sure.  I picked that game because that's what he'll see in the NFL...LOL.....wait...did you just compare Chubb  to Turner?

Yeah I did. Very similar with slight differences that could be more beneficial. Although shorter he has a similar build with the same speed. Doesn't have the pure power Turner had but has plenty enough to run over today's NFL players. Way better jump cut and better vision. Whoever picks him up will get a beast. Trust me. Watch this.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try not to read too much into this. He's local, meaning that he doesn't count toward our top 30 visits. I imagine we'll give multiple high grade local kids who fit a need, as full a look as possible. We'd be fools not too, since it doesn't hurt us at all to do so.

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now