Nick Chubb Visiting Falcons

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/30/2018 at 8:51 AM, NeonDeion said:

Why though? We’re not replacing Free right now. We don’t need a 3 back system and we can get an UDFA or re-sign ward for that 

Because We need a between the tackles guy now, plus Chubb brings more to the table than a UDFA stiff does. A lot more, IMO. He can be our 1B RB in 2019 when they move on from Teco, and our eventual 1A when they move on from Freeman. 

3 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Ask Quinn. He ain't bringing him in here next week to play tiddly winks. He already saw him at the combine and at his pro day.

Yep. This is a 3rd round pick, if available. I like Chubb between the tackles and his athleticism is deceptive. This puts pressure on Freeman and Coleman to produce and provides depth in case we move on from Coleman next year...

This may be the year all you UGA homers get to see a stud or two from UGA in Black & Red at the PRO level...

Chubb and L. Carter on the Falcons radar....

I might be the only one around here who thinks we're actually thin at running back.  Freeman will miss at least three games and Coleman for whatever reason doesn't get much done as the starter (part of that is because the coaches seem reluctant to give the ball to him much).   As much as the Falcons need to beef up their lines, they could do a heck of a lot dumber things than getting Nick Chubb.  

Having said that...I'd also fall out of my chair if he lasted into the third round. 

4 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Because We need a between the tackles guy now, plus Chubb brings more to the table than a UDFA stiff does. A lot more, IMO. He can be our 1B RB in 2019, and our eventual 1A when they move on from Freeman. 

What I meant was as a 3rd back. Of course he brings more than an UDFA. I would much rather have Coleman’s replacement though aka Ballage 

1 minute ago, octoslash said:

I might be the only one around here who thinks we're actually thin at running back.  Freeman will miss at least three games and Coleman for whatever reason doesn't get much done as the starter (part of that is because the coaches seem reluctant to give the ball to him much).   As much as the Falcons need to beef up their lines, they could do a heck of a lot dumber things than getting Nick Chubb.  

Having said that...I'd also fall out of my chair if he lasted into the third round. 

Based on Freeman's recurrent concussions and Coleman's Sickle Cell Trait, I would say that we are vulnerable at RB.  

3 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

What I meant was as a 3rd back. Of course he brings more than an UDFA. I would much rather have Coleman’s replacement though aka Ballage 

Ballage would be fine with me, he’s more a Teco-type Running Back. But falcons obviously like Chubb for his toughness, and this isn’t first time they’ve met up. 

Stay tuned...

9 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Ballage would be fine with me, he’s more a Teco-type Running Back. But falcons obviously like Chubb for his toughness, and this isn’t first time they’ve met up. 

Stay tuned...

That’s the point. Ballage allows us to trade TeCo 

12 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Stay tuned...

He's a tough kid for sure, but there's a lot of miles on those legs.

4 minutes ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

Give me a Chubb :ninja:

Id love this pick but I’m afraid that would probably mean Coleman is likely to be dealt before the season. No sense in letting him go to FA next March with no compensation. 

We would get compensation.