MoFalconsFan56 2018 Mock Draft

Ok as we all know (due to me bragging) I got a few of these right last year. I really wanted Takk and a lot of ppl weren't sold on him or even sure that he was worth a first round pick. He's turned a lot of you doubters into fans in just one (limited) season. I also mocked a running back from Wyoming (who does that?!) and wouldn't ya know it, we drafted him in the same round I mocked him. I'll also take credit for Trevor Knight even tho I said we'd draft him in the 7th we picked him up as a UDFA. Come at me bro 

Round 1 Pick 26 

Ive really gone back and forth on this pick. Do I make it fun and go WR or do I go realistic and go DT. With my rep on the line I decided to go realistic. Without further ado I present....

This dude has it ALL and he seems like the definition of a "Dan Quinn guy". 6'5, 291lbs and is an excellent athlete. He plays well vs the run and pass although much like every other prospect entering this draft, he has room for improvement. He's a little raw and a bit inconsistent but I think coach Quinn can mold him and Jarett into the perfect duo once he gets his hands on this young man. Some compare him to JJ Watt, time will tell. 

Round 2 Pick 58

The dude can ball! He's got the ballhawking skills to play FS in the pros and he can lay the wood! Amazing athlete and the sky is the limit for this dude. He'll be a great replacement for Allen and I'll be dammed if he doesn't challenge Rico for that starting spot on day 1! 

Round 3 Pick 90

Wanted to go Mark Andrews here but instead 

If I were a betting man I'd bet more money on Quinn drafting this guy than anyone else. He balls and Quinn can and will use him to motivate others and show them no matter what they're going through they have no excuse because there is a guy who goes to battle w them every Sunday w one freakin hand and he leaves it all out there on the field! Gets me fired up just thinking about it! 

Round 4 Pick 126

C'mon y'all didn't think I was gonna make a mock without my dude Dante did you?! I saw him go in the 5th in a couple drafts so I figured how lucky would we be if he fell to us?!? He's an upgrade over Hardy in the slot but he'll help our offense out most by actually setting us up with good field position! His best abilities are vision and route running. The dude understands how to play football (noticing a trend yet?) oh and he certainly has the potential to move outside (wr2) when the time comes. Talk about value! 

Round 5 

Nobody :/

Round 6 Pick 200

Just as the title says, very underrated RB. I don't think he was even invited to the combine. It's no secret that Colemans future as a falcon is in Jeopardy, this dude may not be an EXACT clone but he's got everything you want in a rb. Not to mention he's hungry. I love a talented running back with a chip on his shoulder. 

Round 7 

Ok I'm ready for bed now. Let's just go full back and call it a day. Idk who but I hope he's good lol. Goodnight tatf. Flame away. 

Edited by MoFalconsFan56

I doubt Pettis will still be there in round 4. 

You should do Ryan Nall, Dimitri Flowers, or Khalid Hill in round 6.

We also can’t go into the season with only 4 DT’s on the 53, not one of which plays the NT/1-tech in our Base pkg. 

Edited by Beef

I like it , you filled some needs , love Pettis , Bryan , and Griffin sure as **** gonna make Duke , work for his job . Love the FS pick in Harrison , which allows you to use Allen in the slot , Nice job , Do nt know much about Webb but he looks like a Free clone and he hits the hole quick ,  (   whys my font so dark lol ?  )  overall nice job and different . 

Atlanta will not be drafting Griffin. He's got a great story but he's not going to make it in the NFL. Guys just as athletic as him with 2 hands have a hard time making it. The guy would just be too much of a liability. From covering NFL tight ends to getting off of blocks by NFL lineman, he would be targeted by offensive coordinators around the league. I'm surprised that there are so many people mocking this guy. It's a great "feel good" story but the harsh reality is that the NFL is the best of the best, and missing a hand is just too much to overcome.

1 hour ago, Slappywhite said:

I like it , you filled some needs , love Pettis , Bryan , and Griffin sure as **** gonna make Duke , work for his job . Love the FS pick in Harrison , which allows you to use Allen in the slot , Nice job , Do nt know much about Webb but he looks like a Free clone and he hits the hole quick ,  (   whys my font so dark lol ?  )  overall nice job and different . 

Thank you! I was going for unique yet attempting to feel some needs/prepping for the future without waiting last minute. I think a couple other guys could fall to us in real life like Mark Andrews the TE out of OU and Orlando Brown the OT out of OU. I think both will be great pros. I like gasecki (sp?) too. Gotta be at least tempting if both of those TEs are on the board in the second or third like I've seen them mocked by some

43 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I can dig it, 56....good work. 

I would go Andrews in Rd 3 if he’s still there though...

Thanks dude! I had him there at 3 and changed him last minute!! I love Andrews and I really would not mind him at all. Ppl are gonna hate on me saying this but he kinda reminds me of Tony G. I think he's gonna be great

10 minutes ago, OilFuturesTrader19 said:

Atlanta will not be drafting Griffin. He's got a great story but he's not going to make it in the NFL. Guys just as athletic as him with 2 hands have a hard time making it. The guy would just be too much of a liability. From covering NFL tight ends to getting off of blocks by NFL lineman, he would be targeted by offensive coordinators around the league. I'm surprised that there are so many people mocking this guy. It's a great "feel good" story but the harsh reality is that the NFL is the best of the best, and missing a hand is just too much to overcome.

I do understand what you're saying and in all honesty I had us taking Mark Andrews until I realized I didn't nab us a lb. I felt like he was the most complete lb on the board at the time. There are other guys but they have faults as well. Griffin has the speed and plys well in coverage especially given his situation. I've heard he uses his arm as a club and has gotten quite good at knocking that ball loose too. I think he'll be a fine linebacker in the nfl and I really do think he'll be more than just a feel good story. Only time will tell tho brother. The good thing is we have a great defensive coach who actually teaches and develops talent for the first time in a while so I think Quinn can elevate his and everyone's game on the team and coming out of the draft this year. I'm excited man

12 minutes ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

Thanks dude! I had him there at 3 and changed him last minute!! I love Andrews and I really would not mind him at all. Ppl are gonna hate on me saying this but he kinda reminds me of Tony G. I think he's gonna be great

I wouldn’t go quite that far, LOL... but I hear ya, as He would sure be a great weapon we need in RZ, which we haven’t had ever since Gonzo retired. 

7 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I wouldn’t go quite that far, LOL... but I hear ya, as He would sure be a great weapon we need in RZ, which we haven’t had ever since Gonzo retired. 

He is the epitome of a red zone target and he's the best te at catching in traffic I've seen in a while. He looks more like old TG but still I'd take any version of him and I know Señor Ice would too lol 

Extremely impressed, 56. In fact I think it's the best overall I've seen. You have a discerning eye for talent and this group of players reflects that, including Griffin.

I can understand arguments against him having success in the NFL, but most of those same arguments could have been made about his ability to play college ball and we know how that turned out. Wouldn't be at all disappointed if it went down this way for us. Not at all.

4 hours ago, Beef said:

I doubt Pettis will still be there in round 4. 

You should do Ryan Nall, Dimitri Flowers, or Khalid Hill in round 6.

We also can’t go into the season with only 4 DT’s on the 53, not one of which plays the NT/1-tech in our Base pkg. 

I do see what you're saying about 1 tech but I'll see how that plays out in real life. Also I'm sure Pettis won't really be there but he's one of my fav players entering the draft this year so I couldn't resist. Another dude I really like is Braxton Berrios. He'll be an excellent slot and return man. I'd honestly be just as happy if we land Berrios as I would if we were to land Pettis. Thing is Braxton could be there in the 6th or 7th so we could possibly double dip at the DT position if Pettis isn't there in the 4th and go Lampkin out of OU or I really like Kendrick Norton out of Tha U and I ALMOST put him in there in the 4th! It'll be fun to see! 

11 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Extremely impressed, 56. In fact I think it's the best overall I've seen. You have a discerning eye for talent and this group of players reflects that, including Griffin.

I can understand arguments against him having success in the NFL, but most of those same arguments could have been made about his ability to play college ball and we know how that turned out. Wouldn't be at all disappointed if it went down this way for us. Not at all.

Thanks Poker I really do appreciate it man. Honestly I understand the concern for Shaq too, none of my friends see what I see in him and maybe I'm the one that's wrong but I think he's gonna come in ready to work! He's got that personality that Quinn loves and I think when it's all said and done he'll be running through brick walls for DQ.