Tevin Coleman is the best bargaining chip we have.

He ain't sticking around after this season, but he's cheap so it makes sense to keep him for the last year of his rookie contract, but........... if we need a DT or WR or a QB (flame away) and need to move up a few slots.....I can see TD trading him to move up in the first round to the low teens. Seems like everyone is unloading tons of signed Coleman Falcon branded memorabilia on eBay, cheap.They are aware of the inevitable, Ryan's contract is costing us dearly. 

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We won't be able to pay TeCo after this season, and we have Freeman the highest paid back in the league (for now). If we paid that much money for a broken wagon.....I always thought Coleman was the more complete back, and he will get paid in '19 and I know it won't be from us. 

Teco most likely will get paid top dollar in FA considering a mediocre RB like McKinnon got a huge contract for a RB. We probably won’t pay him that, but I’d rather have him now and have a better chance at winning a SB than trade him for a draft pick and lessen our chances this season. 

55 minutes ago, NobisFan60 said:

He ain't sticking around after this season, but he's cheap so it makes sense to keep him for the last year of his rookie contract, but........... if we need a DT or WR or a QB (flame away) and need to move up a few slots.....I can see TD trading him to move up in the first round to the low teens. Seems like everyone is unloading tons of signed Coleman Falcon branded memorabilia on eBay, cheap.They are aware of the inevitable, Ryan's contract is costing us dearly. 

I am not a memorabilia guy.  I could never understand why a grown man would want to wear another man's name on his back.  

Never the less, why get rid memorabilia that is likely to become more rare?

1 hour ago, NobisFan60 said:

The Falcons like Coleman because he can be used as a receiver/RB. If they were not interested in keeping him, they would have made a trade or would have hinted. 

He is not going anywhere... 

Just now, stingbee said:

The Falcons like Coleman because he can be used as a receiver/RB. If they were not interested in keeping him, they would have made a trade or would have hinted. 

He is not going anywhere... 

This years it's 50/50, after his rookie contract is up he is gone and going to go get paid and not play 2nd to an inferior back. He is that good. He was the one to keep, but too late now. Got feed Matty's ego, or his agents. 

43 minutes ago, etherdome said:

I am not a memorabilia guy.  I could never understand why a grown man would want to wear another man's name on his back.  

Never the less, why get rid memorabilia that is likely to become more rare?

I'm talking more about football football cards. Who want's a Coleman Falcon's branded autographed card or jersey if he's playing in NY?

Send tevin and a second rounder to NYGs  for OBJ

@Knight of God and @Vandy do you all approve?

I think it's really up to Teco. I'm sure when the time comes we'll offer him a contract based on what he means to us. The variable is, if he thinks he can be a bell-cow for someone. If that's the case he'll turn down our offer and test FA. When the time comes he also needs to take a long look in the mirror. He's a valuable piece but, when Free's out he hasn't really show he's on the same level. The yards per carry might be close but, that's largely because he has a few of those explosive plays per game. As of now Free is a machine gun that just keeps hitting you and keeping the offense moving and Teco is a hand grenade waiting for just the right moment to blow-up. IMHO Teco as our main back leaves Matt with a lot more 3rd and long situations than Free does. Love both though.

We won't be able to pay TeCo after this season, and we have Freeman the highest paid back in the league (for now). If we paid that much money for a broken wagon.....I always thought Coleman was the more complete back, and he will get paid in '19 and I know it won't be from us. 

We'll have about $80M to play with next season... we'll be okay. 

6 minutes ago, red falcon said:

Lol they are not giving him up for teco and a 2nd. Said they want  2 1st.

We don't need OBJ, and I doubt he's even a thought in the upper office's mind of bringing him here. I do think the thought of trading TeCo to move up in the draft has come across their minds on more than one occasion. OBJ isn't 'Brotherhood' material imo. 

19 minutes ago, caponine said:

are you actually serious or joking ??

If it were a real possibility, I’d do it in a heartbeat. How can you not say that OBJ isn’t a greater weapon than teco? You can draft another back to pair with the already paid and dangerous freeman. No WR in this draft is better than OBJ

this is obviously hypothetical