One guy's thoughts on this Matt Ryan contract.

mqg96

"When the Falcons say, 'There's no timetable,' that means, 'As far as we're concerned right now, Matt Ryan is asking for too much money,'" Joel Corry said, a former NFL agent and current contract/cap analyst for CBS Sports.

"The Falcons' best argument is, 'We've got other people to take care [of],'" Corry said. "What else can they say? They can't say, 'Well you haven't achieved the things as these other highly paid quarterbacks have.' How many playoff wins does Kirk Cousins have? Zero. How many playoffs wins does Matt Stafford have? Zero. Jimmy Garoppolo hasn't even started a full season yet." 

This is all true, for more information, go click on this link below.

http://www.espn.com/blog/atlanta-falcons/post/_/id/32019/piecing-together-a-matt-ryan-deal-100-million-guaranteed-with-no-hometown-discount

But how about Tom Brady? Shouldn't he be the highest paid QB every year since he's supposed to be the greatest QB of this era? Oh wait....

Edited by mqg96

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Hingle McCringleberry said:

I knew this thread was coming as soon as I saw that article. More conjecture from an analyst, nothing to be taken seriously.

Right. 

Who's opinion should be taken more seriously: a former agent and a cap expert who's been hired by one of the major sports network or that of any of the schmucks on here who say "nothing to see here"?

Just now, middlegatv said:

Right. 

Who's opinion should be taken more seriously: a former agent and a cap expert who's been hired by one of the major sports network or that of any of the schmucks on here who say "nothing to see here"?

Someone that is not getting paid to form an opinion on somethng they don't have any real information on.

3 minutes ago, Hingle McCringleberry said:

Someone that is not getting paid to form an opinion on somethng they don't have any real information on.

Bwahahaha.

He's has experience and connections to get information on what is going on behind the scenes that none of us could even dream of ever having.

2 minutes ago, middlegatv said:

Bwahahaha.

He's has experience and connections to get information on what is going on behind the scenes that none of us could even dream of ever having.

Does his connection go by the name of Thomas Dimitroff or Aurthur Blank? I am going to go out on a limb and answer that for you, no. That being said, it is just conjecture. People making much ado about nothing. 

Edited by Hingle McCringleberry

4 minutes ago, middlegatv said:

Bwahahaha.

seriously? so he can just pick up the phone, call any/every team, and they'll just spill their guts on what's going on behind the scene on any and all contract negotiations....because the teams couldn't just contact their representative beat writers if they wanted the information to be publicized....

if there's anything that deserves a 'bwahahaha' it's that you actually posted that like you believe it

1 minute ago, Hingle McCringleberry said:

Does his connection go by the name of Thomas Dimitroff or Aurthur Blank? I am going to go out on a limb and andswer that for you, no. That being said, it is just conjecture. People making much ado about nothing. 

Neither one of us know if he has any connections within the Falcons front office BUT he's got a helluva better chance than any of us schmucks on here.

4 minutes ago, papachaz said:

seriously? so he can just pick up the phone, call any/every team, and they'll just spill their guts on what's going on behind the scene on any and all contract negotiations....because the teams couldn't just contact their representative beat writers if they wanted the information to be publicized....

if there's anything that deserves a 'bwahahaha' it's that you actually posted that like you believe it

I'm tired of you. You're going on ignored real soon.

Yea, because these analysts just shake a magic-8 ball instead of working their sources to find out what's going on.

9 minutes ago, papachaz said:

2 words: D and Led

1 hour ago, mqg96 said:

"When the Falcons say, 'There's no timetable,' that means, 'As far as we're concerned right now, Matt Ryan is asking for too much money,'" Joel Corry said, a former NFL agent and current contract/cap analyst for CBS Sports.

"The Falcons' best argument is, 'We've got other people to take care [of],'" Corry said. "What else can they say? They can't say, 'Well you haven't achieved the things as these other highly paid quarterbacks have.' How many playoff wins does Kirk Cousins have? Zero. How many playoffs wins does Matt Stafford have? Zero. Jimmy Garoppolo hasn't even started a full season yet." 

This is all true, for more information, go click on this link below.

http://www.espn.com/blog/atlanta-falcons/post/_/id/32019/piecing-together-a-matt-ryan-deal-100-million-guaranteed-with-no-hometown-discount

But how about Tom Brady? Shouldn't he be the highest paid QB every year since he's supposed to be the greatest QB of this era? Oh wait....

Here's what I don't get .. Wouldn't at least PRETENDING to entertain the idea of grabbing a new franchise QB be a better move strategically? I mean, we all know Matt isn't really going anywhere but in terms of the franchise showing that one man isn't bigger than the team it's safe to openly prove that they are aware of every last option. I'm sick of seeing this franchise hamstring itself honestly. Also in terms of the draft simply showing an openness to find competition at that one prized position could affect getting the player we REALLY want to fall .. We don't trade anybody of significance, we rarely sign free agents of huge significance, we don't make any significant trades down in the draft and we don't find legit competition at backup QB .. Falcons biz model is super predictable dude. 

22 minutes ago, middlegatv said:

Bwahahaha.

Lol. Dled is biggest reporter of Fake news. Brent Grimes signs with falcons, an hour later he shows up in Miami to sign with dolphins. Falcons are drafting Gurley, Falcons pick Beasley. If Dled says deal is held up, it means moving along nice. I wouldn’t blame the sources feeding him garbage.

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

Lol. Dled is biggest reporter of Fake news. Brent Grimes signs with falcons, an hour later he shows up in Miami to sign with dolphins. Falcons are drafting Gurley, Falcons pick Beasley. If Dled says deal is held up, it means moving along nice. I wouldn’t blame the sources feeding him garbage.

He wasn't talking about DLed. He was talking about that former agent cap analyst.

9 minutes ago, Hurry_Up_And_Buy said:

Here's what I don't get .. Wouldn't at least PRETENDING to entertain the idea of grabbing a new franchise QB be a better move strategically? I mean, we all know Matt isn't really going anywhere but in terms of the franchise showing that one man isn't bigger than the team it's safe to openly prove that they are aware of every last option. I'm sick of seeing this franchise hamstring itself honestly. Also in terms of the draft simply showing an openness to find competition at that one prized position could affect getting the player we REALLY want to fall .. We don't trade anybody of significance, we rarely sign free agents of huge significance, we don't make any significant trades down in the draft and we don't find legit competition at backup QB .. Falcons biz model is super predictable dude. 

There's no point in pretending that some other QB is going to come in and challenge Matt, one Matt doesn't need anyone to push him,two, anyone good enough to push him is going to be too much money, three, it's crazy to get rid of a franchise QB teams just don't do that. 

Falcons went to the Super Bowl with Ryan taking 15% of the cap, Ryan's next contract will take up a smaller % of the cap, esp. the first 3 years. No  reason for the team to be hamstrung.

No one would believe the falcons are drafting a QB, it just doesn't work like that.

Mack,Sanu, Gabriel, Robinson, Poe, Clayborn, Reed, Shelby- all significant FAs, Levitre through a trade, looks to me they work through all channels available. Have to have someone to trade back with.