Bethel Contract Details Finally In - 1 yr 1.75 mil

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere already but I just saw it pop up on Spotrac today which is way later than usual.  Sounds like a great value for a 27 year old 3 time Pro Bowl special teamer even if he never plays on defense.

However, I hope this doesn't block us from a 2019 compensatory pick which could turn out to be a 5th rounder based on the qualifying losses vs gained.

The way I understand it is that each qualifying FA addition cancels a loss unless the variance is very large. Ex: Losing what would have been a 3rd rounder and signing someone who would only qualify for a 7th rounder.  I think in those cases they throw you a bone of like a 7th rounder.

Dontari Poe 3yr / 27 Mil = 9 Mil average 4th Round Comp Pick

Taylor Gabriel 4yr / 26 Mil = 6.5 Mil average 5th Round Comp Pick - Cancelled by Fusco 3 yr / 12.75 Mil

Adrian Clayborn  2yr 12 Mil = 6 Mil average 5th Rounder Comp Pick - Might be cancelled by Justin Bethel 1 yr 1.75 or is Bethel's deal too low to qualify ???

Andre Roberts 1yr 1.005 Mil = 1.005 Mil average, Does not qualify for pick - Cancelled by Logan Paulsen 1 yr 1.005 Mil.  They signed essentially the same contract so either way I don't think we get a pick even if it did qualify.

If Bethel doesn't qualify Fusco should apply to Clayborn instead and we get a higher 5th round slot.

Bethel.png

9 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

I’d think Bethels signing is way too low to cancel any of those guys out. Barely any higher than vet minimum.

Last years qualifier was 1.1 Mil but ended up being higher because of the rule that says only 32 picks are allowed, we should have got two more 7th rounders at 1.1 but only ended up getting the 7th for Compton at 1.85 Mil per yr who literally got us Mr Irrelevant.  However, I don't know if the cancellations start at the qualifying number ( 1.1 last year) or the bottom of the 32 (1.85 last year).  If it's the latter we should be okay I think.

Edited by falconfanatic365

51 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Unfortunately, this isnt the case. Toilolo was a cut so he doesnt count toward the comp formula. 

All of this is going to be subject to the final 53 and roster progression in season. 

Ahh thanks. Did not think about him being cut