Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TRUju2111

Mel Kiper Mock 3.0 has Falcons taking Ridley

126 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Summerhill said:

WIth the Bills? 

My point was he Was a 1st round RB pick and was instrumental to his team actually winning a SB. Tomlinson never even made it to one. 

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

My point was he Was a 1st round RB pick and was instrumental to his team actually winning a SB. Tomlinson never even made it to one. 

Seattle didn’t use a 1st round pick on him. The discussion was about which positions you should or shouldn’t use 1st round picks on. 

DJ Moore. We shocked the world with Roddy White in 05. I think we had a 2nd round grade coming out but elevated his stock in private workouts. Moore could do the same.

Summerhill likes this

42 minutes ago, Summerhill said:

Seattle didn’t use a 1st round pick on him. The discussion was about which positions you should or shouldn’t use 1st round picks on. 

LOL ...okay

On 3/28/2018 at 3:05 PM, LookAboutFalcon said:

I would love Ridley at 26, he is the best receiver in this draft.  And he would certainly be the best TRUE BPA pick for us.  He ol be a great 3rd option for us, and he could take over for Sanu when we most likely move on from him next year.

He will never be a number 1 WR but he is a great number 2 option, he has great separation ability with solid hands.

If he is there at 26 take him and don't look back.

a first round WR needs to be the number one guy in your system eventually, so that little caveat of 'never' you put in there makes the 'take him at 26 and don't look back' laughable

On 3/30/2018 at 2:57 PM, kiwifalcon said:

I disagree with you.

If we are calling 1500 plus yards at 15-16 a clip and 3-4 TDs a bad year for Julio I think you may need to justify what is good and bad in this league when it comes to WRers.

I think too many including myself hold Julio to an unrealistic standard.We saw what he was during 2016 and the way he battled through injuries during the playoff run and the level he was playing at and we expect this everytime out.

The idea he isn't a top possession receiver is baffling too me when you take into account the above mentioned and we are saying it's a bad year for him.Im a bit miffed by that comment.

I'm making a distinction between a possession receiver and a game breaking receiver.  Julio is not a bad possession receiver.  He is good at it overall.  But his hands are enough of a liability where I cannot say he is one of the top possession receivers.  There have been many short yardage situations where the ball has bounced off his hands and let to a punt, or in the case of the playoffs last year the end of our season.  But he has also made plenty of huge conversions too, so I'm not trying to say he's a bad option at all.  Obviously he is our top option so that's why teams usually double him in those situations.  Sanu really isn't far behind Julio in terms of being a possession receiver.

I'm talking about the distinction between Chris Carter and Randy Moss when they played together in Minnesota.

On 3/28/2018 at 10:21 AM, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Ridley is another guy with really really poor testing numbers. He has the lowest SPARQ score among this year's WR class. In the 7th percentile of NFL WRs in terms of athleticism. His spider chart isnt very good either: https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/calvin-ridley

A good 40 and a decent 3-cone time with awful awful jumps. I have no idea how that happens. 

I think if we're looking to invest early in WR (which I wouldnt do) I'd look elsewhere. 

Guess SPARQ isn’t everything 

3 minutes ago, Return of the Gaucho said:

But great route running is.  Precision over raw athleticism every time.

Agree. I love a precise route runner. Many a great athlete has failed at WR 

20 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

Agree. I love a precise route runner. Many a great athlete has failed at WR 

I love the pick...Bryan is just too small..pairing him next to Jarrett just doesnt make sense!

On 3/28/2018 at 11:01 AM, g-dawg said:

Question:   When was last time Mel Kiper got a Falcons pick right?

Does this count? When a dude guesses six times and gets one right, does he get the credit?

I'm not taunting you here. This is a serious question:

1 minute ago, jidady said:

Does this count? When a dude guesses six times and gets one right, does he get the credit?

I'm not taunting you here. This is a serious question:

I’ll take Mel over us MB gms every time 

48 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

I called it..F your Mocks..I win!

As far as pat yourself on the back threads go, this isn't exactly the strongest claim.

I don't think you called anything. Kiper made the pick, you agreed with it. That's really all that happened here, isn't it?

3 minutes ago, King Jigsaw said:

As far as pat yourself on the back threads go, this isn't exactly the strongest claim.

I don't think you called anything. Kiper made the pick, you agreed with it. That's really all that happened here, isn't it?

Well brah considering Ridley is the only player I mentioned, and i also made a thread about us not drafting a DT in the first..What more do u want? Sorry I didnt make 4 mocks. 

4 minutes ago, King Jigsaw said:

Did I agree with any other mocks? Including the 50 on this board? Nope, I spent most my time saying **** no..But like Austin 3:16 Isaid can I get a **** ya with Ridley!

Just now, TRUju2111 said:

Well brah considering Ridley is the only player I mentioned, and i also made a thread about us not drafting a DT in the first..What more do u want? Sorry I didnt make 4 mocks. 

Like I said, it seems you're wanting to take credit for Kiper's prediction. Just isn't that impressive, in my opinion.

Enjoy your parade though, my dude.

2 minutes ago, King Jigsaw said:

Like I said, it seems you're wanting to take credit for Kiper's prediction. Just isn't that impressive, in my opinion.

Enjoy your parade though, my dude.

Sorry I didnt jump on all the wrong bandwagons bud!