Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TRUju2111

Mel Kiper Mock 3.0 has Falcons taking Ridley

126 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, CraigSmackDaddy said:

I agree but don’t like what I’m hearing about Ridley.  I could certainly see taking a WR in round 2 if there is one on the board worth the pick.

See: Christian Kirk, Equanimeous St. Brown

papachaz, mar31985 and Vandy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll take G-DAWG or KOG over Mel Kiper. Remember when Kiper was adamant about Cam Newton would NEVER be an NFL QB and needed to switch position before the draft to TE and some team would waste their pick???????

Knight of God and Slappywhite like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

I’d still prefer getting an insane mismatch at TE

Is it just me or does every insane matchup TE thats been drafted the last few year end up being a bust? Pretty sure there were kike 3-4 of those guys on the free agent market that nobody really wanted. 

Kung-Pow likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Question:   When was last time Mel Kiper got a Falcons pick right?

When do anyone get it right when it comes to the draft?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vandy said:

LOL at fans who give credence to anything Mel Kiper says.. 

Its discussion bro, nobody said anything about his credentials. Lol at everyone with bad attitudes on a discussion board

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

When do anyone get it right when it comes to the draft?

if you get about 5-6 right out of 32, that is generally considered a "win".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love Ridley at 26, he is the best receiver in this draft.  And he would certainly be the best TRUE BPA pick for us.  He ol be a great 3rd option for us, and he could take over for Sanu when we most likely move on from him next year.

 

He will never be a number 1 WR but he is a great number 2 option, he has great separation ability with solid hands.

 

If he is there at 26 take him and don't look back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Yeah, I would not take Calvin Ridley - not at all.....meh.

Agreed. He gets lumped in with Julio and Cooper but I don't think he's even close. He was invisible a lot of Alabama games then catch s deep pass on a blown coverage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DogIsYourName said:

I agree with this - I think Geisiki's combo of size, hands, speed, and natural body control would be a major upgrade for Matt.  He does not have a reliable go-to target for 3rd and 6.

So Julio Jones isn't a reliable 3rd down target oooookkkaaayyyy then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, jidady said:

Ridley's who I want us to draft if we can't get Vea.

Same, he would truly be BPA at 26 if we are doing BPA regardless of positional need.  He will never be a number 1, but he would be a great number 2, like I said earlier.  

 

And I don't give a dam about his age.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jidady said:

Ridley's who I want us to draft if we can't get Vea.

 

41 minutes ago, LookAboutFalcon said:

Same, he would truly be BPA at 26 if we are doing BPA regardless of positional need.  He will never be a number 1, but he would be a great number 2, like I said earlier.  

 

And I don't give a dam about his age.

I really hope you two can handle disappointment well...

Slappywhite likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LookAboutFalcon said:

what ever you say :rolleyes:

Vea won't fall to us, and we won't draft Ridley at 26. it's really that simple....so just be prepared  ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know why people are singling out Kiper as not knowing what he's talking about. Anyone who spends any sort of time on the draft is wrong more frequently than he or she is correct. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

I don't know why people are singling out Kiper as not knowing what he's talking about. Anyone who spends any sort of time on the draft is wrong more frequently than he or she is correct. 

 

:lol::lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TRUju2111 said:

If he fell to us I would actually love this pick. Sometimes talent trumps need and this would be a good replacement for Julio when its that time

I wouldn’t either.

7 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Question:   When was last time Mel Kiper got a Falcons pick right?

You and I and many other “mocker fockers “ are far more accurate than Mel

@g-dawg, I can’t say that I hate the pick. Ridley is a nice WR . Certainly upgrade Hardy, might push Sanu and eventual 1b or just 

you like him?

@Knight of God thoughts on this pick?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

I don't know why people are singling out Kiper as not knowing what he's talking about. Anyone who spends any sort of time on the draft is wrong more frequently than he or she is correct. 

 

Maybe because he markets himself that he’s better than random? 

blkbigdog35 and falconidae like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

I wouldn’t either.

You and I and many other “mocker fockers “ are far more accurate than Mel

@g-dawg, I can’t say that I hate the pick. Ridley is a nice WR . Certainly upgrade Hardy, might push Sanu and eventual 1b or just 

you like him?

@Knight of God thoughts on this pick?

Thanks, it would be kinda meh to be honest. No real need, but Jones and Ryan would love it.

Slappywhite, Vandy and MSalmon like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TRUju2111 said:

Its discussion bro, nobody said anything about his credentials. Lol at everyone with bad attitudes on a discussion board

I most definetely have a bad ‘tude on that one.

Slappywhite likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Thanks, it would be kinda meh to be honest. No real need, but Jones and Ryan would love it.

Agree. Although, one could argue beyond Sanu and Jones, we aren’t terribley talented. 

He a straight slot guy or can he split out wide?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Maybe because he markets himself that he’s better than random? 

IDK about that. He certainly has found himself into a place of "authority." But thats not any different than anyone who does mock drafts/draft write ups for major sports sites. Mel just got there first. 

I admit, he's pretty fun to clown on. But I've got a soft spot for Kiper. Without him, we likely wouldnt have the whole draft infrastructure we have today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0