Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TRUju2111

Mel Kiper Mock 3.0 has Falcons taking Ridley

126 posts in this topic

If he fell to us I would actually love this pick. Sometimes talent trumps need and this would be a good replacement for Julio when its that time

52 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

Ridley is not that good. Would rather Geisiki as another receiving option 

Ridley is a lot better than you think.  Look at his first year when he had a qb that could throw.  His numbers suffered because of poor qb play.

Tim Mazetti and Atl Falcon like this

I would be content with this pick. This is such a deep draft at d Line i definitely think we could get another impact player in round 2 or even later

TRUju2111 likes this

58 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

Ridley is not that good. Would rather Geisiki as another receiving option 

I agree with this - I think Geisiki's combo of size, hands, speed, and natural body control would be a major upgrade for Matt.  He does not have a reliable go-to target for 3rd and 6.

Slappywhite, sdogg and NeonDeion like this

Well, it is Mel Kiper, who thought Clausen was a HOF lock as a QB. And who will have another dozen mocks before the draft. Agree with @NeonDeion, would prefer Geiski in that case.

It is a deep draft in DT, could see spending, say,  the 2nd and 4th pick on DT.

Really like to see them trade down this year. Best case scenario for me  is that Jackson is still there at 26 and a QB hungry trades up for him, gives the falcons an extra 2nd and an extra 3rd [i know that's a bad deal for the other team, but teams make bad deals all the time].

Ridley is another guy with really really poor testing numbers. He has the lowest SPARQ score among this year's WR class. In the 7th percentile of NFL WRs in terms of athleticism. His spider chart isnt very good either: https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/calvin-ridley

A good 40 and a decent 3-cone time with awful awful jumps. I have no idea how that happens. 

I think if we're looking to invest early in WR (which I wouldnt do) I'd look elsewhere. 

This isn't the draft class to take a 1st round WR.

I honestly don't see much separation between a prospect like Ridley and 2nd and 3rd round prospects. 

As several has said before, I'd rather a TE or OL. Heck I'd prefer Guice over WR in this draft. 

HASHBROWN3 and Ergo Proxy like this