Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Arkridge

Takk McKinley Is Up To 267lbs This Offseason

47 posts in this topic

Maybe he tweeted this knowing that fans would hold him accountable. By going public, fans will now (irrationally) call him out for being fat if he underperforms this year.

4 hours ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

He's a young kid with something of a free spirit. I wouldnt be shocked if he put on a lil pudge in March after his rookie season. 

Just as long as he gets himself into football shape when he needs to...

I mean he did literally say we'd be surprised to see how fat and sloppy he really is.

I don't worry about Takk. That dude is the right kind of crazy. If he gains a little during the offseason rehabbing the shoulder so be it. When he's on the field he's 110% motor all the time. Running down plays from sideline to sideline.

What he has can't be coached. What he maybe lacks......it comes with time.

5 minutes ago, JerseyNo12 said:

So? How do you know how much fried chicken he eats?

Because he ask for the best places to get fried chicken, then he usually reviews the places the next day or two 

As long as he doesn’t get hurt when he starts working out form the extra weight.  His structure is used to 250lbs, so if he torques or explodes out of a stance with the extra weight the way he has in past he has much more a chance of tearing something from carrying the extra weight.  He needs to slowly work into things.

17 pounds is a lot of weight for a 250lber.

Vandy likes this

2 hours ago, red falcon said:

Georgia heat and training camp will take care of it.

LOL

I was thinking the same. Training camp food coupled with that GA sun....he's going to burn that off quickly.

red falcon likes this

On 3/27/2018 at 9:56 PM, gazoo said:

As long as he doesn’t get hurt when he starts working out form the extra weight.  His structure is used to 250lbs, so if he torques or explodes out of a stance with the extra weight the way he has in past he has much more a chance of tearing something from carrying the extra weight.  He needs to slowly work into things.

17 pounds is a lot of weight for a 250lber.

Sure is. Even more so if it’s mostly fat.

gazoo likes this

I think 240-255 is where you want an edge rusher. Anymore than that and weight takes a toll. UNLESS they’re distributing the weight properly and have built themselves correctly to handle that weight and keep their speed and power. Takk is a smart guy. Obviously he knows where he wants to be or he wouldn’t have put it out for everyone in the social media world to see.

13 hours ago, Vandy said:

Sure is. Even more so if it’s mostly fat.

We see this happen a lot. A player will gain 20 pounds in an offseason, and end up tearing or tweaking something in training camp that lingers all season. 

Takk doesn’t know how to go slow and we’re really need him this season. 

Vandy and ATLSlobberKnockers like this

On 3/27/2018 at 9:43 PM, JerseyNo12 said:

So? How do you know how much fried chicken he eats?

????????????????? because he posts about it.