Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Arkridge

Takk McKinley Is Up To 267lbs This Offseason

47 posts in this topic

Not sure what he weighed all last season. NFL and ESPN have him listed at 250. Is this a good weight for him or do you think he's better suited to play around the 250 range?

His functional strength and how the weight is distributed is more important than just raw numbers. He’s a pass rusher, that’s where his bread and butter is, but if this helps him anchor better vs. the run then by all means.

But “good” weight is really determined by how he feels.

5 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

Judging by that emoji it doesn’t seem to be “good” weight. But idk I liked him the way he was

Yeah doesn't seem like it's muscle, lol.

He's probably best at 260-265.

He could stand more weight in his legs/haunches to anchor.

Weight on somebody's belly never really helps.  I was hoping he wouldn't have an injury this year and could workout hard and add 10 lbs but mainly on lower body.

ratesforless and Jerz #DukeSZN like this

2 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

He's probably best at 260-265.

He could stand more weight in his legs/haunches to anchor.

Weight on somebody's belly never really helps.  I was hoping he wouldn't have an injury this year and could workout hard and add 10 lbs but mainly on lower body.

I would probably say 250-255....his game is converting speed to power......too much weight equals less speed.

Stryka likes this

He's at 267 now even if you rolled into camp at 275 he could easily be down to 250 255 before preseason even started.

That being said the man does love his Fried Chicken and Waffles LOL

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

He's a young kid with something of a free spirit. I wouldnt be shocked if he put on a lil pudge in March after his rookie season. 

Just as long as he gets himself into football shape when he needs to...

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I would probably say 250-255....his game is converting speed to power......too much weight equals less speed.

Yeah, just usually in your legs doesn't as much because you're not top heavy, plus you keep your maneuverability.

But agreed on concept...it's why I wouldn't want him at 280.  I'd think an extra 10-15 would make that power work better, but regardless we're still talking about a relatively small DE utilizing speed.

g-dawg likes this