Cody Kessler for Backup QB

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, autigerfan said:

The Browns appear to be shopping him and it might only take a later rounder.  He is probably better than whomever we could get to hold the clipboard late in the draft and we can save some money at backup QB.  He also has ties to Sark given his time at USC.  

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/11305/cody-kessler

Ties to Sark?? That automatically eliminates him in fan's minds but puts him at the top of Quinn's list. Take a QB in the 3rd round with zero links to USC or Sark.

Edited by NobisFan60

Just now, NobisFan60 said:

Ties to Sark?? That automatically eliminates him in fans minds but puts him at the top of Quinn's list. Take a QB in the 3rd round.

No need to take one in round 3 considering Ryan probably has another 4-5 good seasons in him in all likelihood.  We need to draft replacements for when Vic, Jarrett, Rico, etc. out price themselves with those early and middle round selections.  

Just now, autigerfan said:

No need to take one in round 3 considering Ryan probably has another 4-5 good seasons in him in all likelihood.  We need to draft replacements for when Vic, Jarrett, Rico, etc. out price themselves with those early and middle round selections.  

Get rid of 40 year old Schaub, take a QB in the 3rd round. 

2 minutes ago, FalconOdense said:

Yes, the first one is still cheaper and doesn`t cost a pick

What are you gonna do with a 7th?  Even a 6th?  C'mon now.

2 minutes ago, NobisFan60 said:

No cap money for a good seasoned one, might as well draft one.  

Kessler's cap hit this year is less than 1M.  lol try again.

5 minutes ago, FalconOdense said:

I have no idea what his cap hit is. I just want to cut Shaub and save our picks. 

I agree with this for the most part, but a 7th rounder may not even make the team.  Kessler could at least hold down the fort for 2-3 weeks if Ryan god forbid was injured.

5 minutes ago, NobisFan60 said:

Cut Schaub free up $4.5 mil plus the 5 mil we have left and get someone decent. Or draft one in the 3rd round. When the Browns give up on you, you know you're crap. 

lol man we aren't even a few weeks removed from having Taylor Gabriel.  We still have Alex Mack.  lol what a dumb and ignorant comment.

4 minutes ago, FalconOdense said:

I am not for or against Kessler. What I am trying to say is that I hate spending money on a back up qb. Running Backs also

I get it.  Kessler is cheap though @ less than $1m.  The couple hundred k you would save would be lost in the fact that the udfa has zero experience in the nfl which means zero experience in game planning, film study, scheming, etc.  An experienced backup QB is much more valuable than the small monetary gain by signing an udfa qb.

3 minutes ago, athell said:

lol man we aren't even a few weeks removed from having Taylor Gabriel.  We still have Alex Mack.  lol what a dumb and ignorant comment.

And no contract for Ryan yet. So why do you want a POS like Kessler when Cleveland doesn't even want him? Cause he's cheap? You get what you pay for. 

Edited by NobisFan60