Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jfalconsp

Dan Quinn Press Conference

28 posts in this topic

Seems like we'll be easy to pound the rock against with Vic and Takk both playing opposite DE spots.  We're going to have the smallest defensive lineup in the whole league.  Grady is undersized for a DT/NT and our LBs are undersized as well (other than Campbell).  It's going to be like playing original Nintendo Ice Hockey with nothing but skinny guys.

I guess we could add some girth in the draft but usually the guys coming out of college still need to add some NFL muscle.

AlabamaFalconFan likes this

14 minutes ago, DogIsYourName said:

Seems like we'll be easy to pound the rock against with Vic and Takk both playing opposite DE spots.  We're going to have the smallest defensive lineup in the whole league.  Grady is undersized for a DT/NT and our LBs are undersized as well (other than Campbell).  It's going to be like playing original Nintendo Ice Hockey with nothing but skinny guys.

I guess we could add some girth in the draft but usually the guys coming out of college still need to add some NFL muscle.

I think thats mostly on passing downs. Quinn isnt going to let them wear vic down against the run. We have packages and rotate people. 

Hopefully we can get up on teams again tp where thry have no choice but to pass. Thats our strength.

Riley is going to have to show me, we will see.

kiwifalcon likes this

35 minutes ago, jfalconsp said:

I’ve been hoping to hear about Julio getting back into the mix soon.  He finished last season healthier than usual(although still injured) so there’s no excuse not to participate in offseason drills this season.  I wouldn’t call last season a down year for him but he definitely made some uncharacteristic mistakes at terrible times.

We’ll see what Hooper is really about this upcoming season.  I’m skeptical but it looks like he’s going to be the guy at tight end unless we go TE early which I doubt now that we need DT so badly.  Hope he proves me wrong.

Edited by abstract

18 minutes ago, red falcon said:

I think thats mostly on passing downs. Quinn isnt going to let them wear vic down against the run. We have packages and rotate people. 

Hopefully we can get up on teams again tp where thry have no choice but to pass. Thats our strength.

Riley is going to have to show me, we will see.

This is where we’ll miss Poe.

20 minutes ago, Vandy said:

This is where we’ll miss Poe.

Rubin look good at 1st then came back down to earth.  I guess they keep him around and maybe bring payne or someone in. Cant wait for the draft.

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

We have TWO more years of a dominant Julio.   After that, our offense is just above average.

I wouldn't fully say that.

Let's visit this when Julio enters his age 31 season. Maybe Julio could have longevity like a TO.

Julio is big and strong. If he can work on perfecting his hands and route running, then he could continue to play at a high level for more seasons to come.

7 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

I wouldn't fully say that.

Let's visit this when Julio enters his age 31 season. Maybe Julio could have longevity like a TO.

Julio is big and strong. If he can work on perfecting his hands and route running, then he could continue to play at a high level for more seasons to come.

Julio has had a lot more injuries than TO at similar age.

53 minutes ago, abstract said:

I’ve been hoping to hear about Julio getting back into the mix soon.  He finished last season healthier than usual(although still injured) so there’s no excuse not to participate in offseason drills this season.  I wouldn’t call last season a down year for him but he definitely made some uncharacteristic mistakes at terrible times.

For Julio, that's pretty much the definition of a down season.

7 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Julio has had a lot more injuries than TO at similar age.

TO played hurt a lot also.

That ankle injury after that horse-collar tackle during the 2004 Cowboys game was a really bad injury.

1 hour ago, abstract said:

We’ll see what Hooper is really about this upcoming season.  I’m skeptical but it looks like he’s going to be the guy at tight end unless we go TE early which I doubt now that we need DT so badly.  Hope he proves me wrong.

Not sure where where the Hooper dislike comes from, last year, he was 15th among TEs in catches and yards, one more TD would have put him at 15th there as well. Those are large jumps from his first year.

Looks even better if you filter by 2nd year TEs [ you can do that at NFL.com]. He was the top 2nd year TE, along with Henry. Go back a few years for 2nd year TEs for comparison, he had a pretty good 2nd year.

Another jump like the one from 1st to 2nd year in his 3rd year would be 70 catches, 800 yards and 5-6 TDs.

If he doesn't develop, 50/500/3 is still a really useful piece, esp. considering he's the 3rd or 4th option every times he's out there.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&statisticPositionCategory=TIGHT_END&season=2017&seasonType=REG&experience=2&tabSeq=1&qualified=true&Submit=Go

3 hours ago, DogIsYourName said:

We're going to have the smallest defensive lineup in the whole league.

THIS concerns me.

Kudos for the Nintendo Hockey reference, although it didn't hold a candle to Mutant League Hockey on Sega.

DogIsYourName likes this

1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

The longer guy's like Hankins Logan Bromley and or Rubin stay on unsigned the cheaper they get.I think there is still a lot of options for us to improve the defensive interior.

I guess teams with DT needs are waiting for draft to see who they can grab. After draft, make a move on of those guys if needed.

Ergo Proxy and kiwifalcon like this

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

I guess teams with DT needs are waiting for draft to see who they can grab. After draft, make a move on of those guys if needed.

Pretty much there well into the 3rd wave of FA now and the longer there out of work teams like us benefit.

We have to blow this Draft out the roof if we expect to get to the Playoffs and SB in our on hometown. The NFL is too tough to be playing favoritism. I don't know about Hall and Davis and Riley in our tough conference. I say we trade back our first-rounder for a second round and a 5th rounder that'll give us two bodies with the first- second-rounder I picked Geliski out of Penn State he's a game changer and our second pick I trade back for an extra 3rd and 4th. Then I go athletic Lorenzo Carter who can play outside linebacker and ODE  AND WR Anthony Miller in the 3rd. I go DT's Hill from NC ST  and Trenton Thompson in the 4th. I the 5th I go Dimitri Flowers FB. In the 6th I go QB J. Barnett, in the 7th I go the OT from Maine and one of the twin CB's from Ga. Tech. This draft will give us help as well as bodies which we need.

3 hours ago, Xfactor said:

#Falcons coach DAn Quinn said the offense flow never felt

“choppy” last year. Third down and explosives were up. Scoring

and redzone were down.

Pq7McoW.gif

Thats the most hilarious thing.  He say the flow of the offense never felt choppy?  The was the biggest weakness of the team was the flow of the offense