My favorite chase LB in the draft: Dorian O’Daniel

MSalmon

Yeah I like this kid's hustle too.  Not sure his ceiling is that high but the floor doesn't look bad.  He certainly would seem to hit the CT score DQ likes but watching him in games last season, he does get washed away a fair bit and he was behind a monster DL.  Would not mind getting him in the late rounds tho.

24 minutes ago, red falcon said:

Read that he is awesome  on special teams and is good in zones. Projected 6th round. I wish we kept that backer from last year grace or something like that.  Reynolds has shown some promise.

He’s all over the place in mock projections, I’ve seen as high as third. Which, I would gladly draft him at. Great fit

1 hour ago, Monolith2001 said:

Yeah I like this kid's hustle too.  Not sure his ceiling is that high but the floor doesn't look bad.  He certainly would seem to hit the CT score DQ likes but watching him in games last season, he does get washed away a fair bit and he was behind a monster DL.  Would not mind getting him in the late rounds tho.

Have you seen his three cone? 

I think he threads through clutter pretty well, actually.

i like him better than Riley. Nice in coverage and a STs ace

30 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

Big fan as well. Can never have too many speedy LBers. They make for the best ST players as well. 

I agree. Worst case scenario he’s full time STeamer and rotational reserve backer. Best case him and Riley battle for snaps

It'd be hard to say he's too small when he's basically the exact same size as D Jones coming out.  Not quite as speedy, but in the same vicinity.

He looks like what we hoped Duke Riley would be.  Would love to have another of these speedy guys who actually pans out/shows good instincts and tackling.

This guy is my homerun pick in the 4th.  He will push Riley for a starting job and be a terror on teams (we need this badly).  He may not start but would be quality depth we need.

A few guys like this, plus the dude from the cards, depending on what we pick up in DB, and Wr, we might field a competent teams unit this season... lol

5 hours ago, MSalmon said:

Have you seen his three cone? 

I think he threads through clutter pretty well, actually.

i like him better than Riley. Nice in coverage and a STs ace

I'm one of those guys who respects the combine but don't put a ton of stock in the numbers (more a confirmation tool).   He plays like a demon and that's why I like him just as I like the Duke Riley pick last year.  I just don't know how he will be in the NFL. High effort guys can more easily mask defects in their game in college, particularly if the surrounding cast is good.  Brent used him as an edge rusher/blitzer a lot...we probably won't.  Like I said, I think this kid has a high floor but I'm not sure I see his ceiling in his play.