Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beef

Falcons Mock Draft (1.0)

Recommended Posts

On 3/27/2018 at 9:16 AM, caver50 said:

I agree with you about Settle, but over all a very nice draft.

At this point, two weeks out, I start switching from what I want the Falcons to do in draft- to what I believe they actually will do.

To date, Falcons have not done much TE scouting, haven’t met with Gesicki at all ( as far as we know) nor Settle.  I believe we have kicked tires on Nathan Shepherd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

At this point, two weeks out, I start switching from what I want the Falcons to do in draft- to what I believe they actually will do.

To date, Falcons have not done much TE scouting, haven’t met with Gesicki at all ( as far as we know) nor Settle.  I believe we have kicked tires on Nathan Shepherd.

Yeah this was the 1.0 version before I knew who all we had met with.  I’ll toss out another version in the next few days. 

I’m even going to say we trade our 3rd pick at 90 to Denver for their 106 and 113, so we end up with 3 4th round picks. 

26, 58, 106, 113, 126, 200, 244, 256.

Then go NT, CB, OL with those 3 4th rounders. Maybe LVE at 26 and Hill at 58.

We might even have Hill at 26.  Everyone thought Keanu Neal was a 2nd round pick but we grabbed him in the 1st because that’s just how highly we valued him.  I think it’s possible we value Hill that high too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2018 at 4:01 AM, Beef said:

Strange.  He has production in a good conference against good teams. Look at his game splits and he appears to step it up against teams like Clemson, Miami, and GT.

And if you watch his film, he’s just very often around the ball at the DL and making plays.  He’ll be completely engaged with an OL or two even, and a RB or QB will get near him and he has clear vision of the ball, tends to wiggle free/shed the block quickly, and make the tackle.

So I don’t know what else to say.  Averages 3 tackles a game, 1 for loss, .34 sacks.  Pretty decent for a NT.

If those numbers translate to the NFL on a 16 game season, we’re talking 48 tackles, 16 TFL’s, 5 sacks.  That’s more than Poe produced. 

That's the quandary teams face if I were a team it's the interviews is where you pin him down.If he tested poorly it'll show out in the interview process.To me this screams a maturity issue he is just a young kid doing what young kids do.Too me while his film is encouraging I wouldn't take him personally I think he's still got alot of growing up to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2018 at 10:41 AM, Falcanuck said:

I don’t like Gesicki or Settle so I guess I don’t really like your mock. WR is also a huge issue here, as well as CB depth. There’s nothing Settle does that Rhubin doesn’t. Settle *has* a motor for about 2 plays until he gets gassed; some terrible conditioning there imo 

How do you not like Gesicki, AND say we need wr? He's taller and faster than Sanu and has hoovers for hands. For that matter he's got St. Brown's speed and height but with a 41.5" vertical. I haven't heard anyone say that they just don't like him; 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

How do you not like Gesicki, AND say we need wr? He's taller and faster than Sanu and has hoovers for hands. For that matter he's got St. Brown's speed and height but with a 41.5" vertical. I haven't heard anyone say that they just don't like him; 

Agreed...He would be a great weapon.

But can he play defensive tackle too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

How do you not like Gesicki, AND say we need wr? He's taller and faster than Sanu and has hoovers for hands. For that matter he's got St. Brown's speed and height but with a 41.5" vertical. I haven't heard anyone say that they just don't like him; 

OK, if we’re rating him as a pure receiver, Gesicki only had 500 yards. Sorry, but a guy like Gallup literally had 1000 more reviving yards and would cost a 3rd instead of a 1st. If we’re drafting a guy to play WR and not block, I HATE guys with 500 yards reviving in the 1st round. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m going to end up revising this mock.   We haven’t met with Gesicki once. Didn’t even talk to him at the Combine. 

We've talked to only 3 TE’s. Hayden Hurst (doubt we spend a 1st on him, won’t be there at 58), Troy Fumagalli (4th or 5th round grade, doubt we do that), and Tyler Conklin (likely UDFA).

So there’s probably less than 1% chance we select Gesicki or even a TE other than maybe late rounds or just bring some in as UDFA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Beef said:

I’m going to end up revising this mock.   We haven’t met with Gesicki once. Didn’t even talk to him at the Combine. 

We've talked to only 3 TE’s. Hayden Hurst (doubt we spend a 1st on him, won’t be there at 58), Troy Fumagalli (4th or 5th round grade, doubt we do that), and Tyler Conklin (likely UDFA).

So there’s probably less than 1% chance we select Gesicki or even a TE other than maybe late rounds or just bring some in as UDFA.

Fumagalli is going to be a redzone monster.  His stock has been rising and now has a 3rd rnd grade and rated in front of Andrews.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
  • Create New...