since68andcounting

Gesecki

154 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

GESICKI will not be a Falcon - this has been a 5 page TATF circle jerk:rolleyes:

And hooper will put up te1 numbers. 

Dunno why he's so disrespected on these boards. We need a #2 Te. Not a #1

How can you watch this guy and say you don't want him because he's "too old?" That's such silliness.

Link

The team that passes on this guy because he's "too old" will regret it. This man can play and can be an instant impact player as a rookie!! This guy with Hooper would be a tandum like the Falcons have never had at TE ever!

Vandy and HASHBROWN3 like this

10 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

How can you watch this guy and say you don't want him because he's "too old?" That's such silliness.

Link

The team that passes on this guy because he's "too old" will regret it. This man can play and can be an instant impact player as a rookie!! This guy with Hooper would be a tandum like the Falcons have never had at TE ever!

My fav receiving threat in this draft. Would love to take him in Rd 2. 

Falconsfan567 likes this

We need 2 good TE's to be effective plus one good blocking TE. TD seems enamored with Saubert who I know is fast but I believe he is not ready for primetime yet. Geliski can immediately go with Hooper and our WR's and help make our passing game great 

Slappywhite likes this

14 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Link

HURST is good.  He is the only TE that we know we have had contact.   As to age, it doesn't downgrade his ability, just the longevity - if he stays relatively injury free and keeps in shape, he could still have a 10yr career.

My problem with taking him is I doubt Hurst last to the end of 2nd round and I am unwilling to give up our best pick to get a TE when we have a guy we still believe can be good in Hooper and a developmental move TE in Saubert.

2 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

My favorite thing about Hurst is that he's a mean bastar.d too.  Nice.  :)

Absolutely. One thing you can't measure is a man's heart and Hurst has heart!

HASHBROWN3 likes this

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

HURST is good.  He is the only TE that we know we have had contact.   As to age, it doesn't downgrade his ability, just the longevity - if he stays relatively injury free and keeps in shape, he could still have a 10yr career.

My problem with taking him is I doubt Hurst last to the end of 2nd round and I am unwilling to give up our best pick to get a TE when we have a guy we still believe can be good in Hooper and a developmental move TE in Saubert.

I understand that sentiment. But here's my counter to that, if you're sitting there at 26 and Hurst is #1 on your draft board then you draft him. You don't draft a different position just because you don't want to spend a 1st round pick on a TE. If you can trade down to the top of the 2nd round and still get him and pick up an additional pick then you do it.

7 hours ago, Vandy said:

My fav receiving threat in this draft. Would love to take him in Rd 2. 

I think he could have a bigger impact than a straight WR.

Vandy likes this

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I understand that sentiment. But here's my counter to that, if you're sitting there at 26 and Hurst is #1 on your draft board then you draft him. You don't draft a different position just because you don't want to spend a 1st round pick on a TE. If you can trade down to the top of the 2nd round and still get him and pick up an additional pick then you do it.

I would think there are 40 guys on Falcons draft board rated higher than HAYDEN HURST.

4 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I would think there are 40 guys on Falcons draft board rated higher than HAYDEN HURST.

Probably so. I'm just saying, you don't avoid certain positions just because.

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Probably so. I'm just saying, you don't avoid certain positions just because.

With Hooper and Saubert being young and developing - and w/ the other needs - and the lack of a super highly rated TE,  I do think you avoid TE this year.    After Hooper has three years, we will know more what he is - after another year to look at Saubert, we will know better what he is.

If Falcons were stacked at every position and HURST was far and away the best talent - but that could not even be close to the case until we get to 2nd round.   Do you think HURST will still be around at Falcons pick#60?

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

With Hooper and Saubert being young and developing - and w/ the other needs - and the lack of a super highly rated TE,  I do think you avoid TE this year.    After Hooper has three years, we will know more what he is - after another year to look at Saubert, we will know better what he is.

If Falcons were stacked at every position and HURST was far and away the best talent - but that could not even be close to the case until we get to 2nd round.   Do you think HURST will still be around at Falcons pick#60?

Nope. I don't think Hurst lasts that I long. I think Hurst goes in the 30s-50s. That is why I mentioned trading down.

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Nope. I don't think Hurst lasts that I long. I think Hurst goes in the 30s-50s. That is why I mentioned trading down.

Yeah, I will agree to disagree.   Not going to engineer this draft to pick a player in 2nd round that is at a position of less need than DT, WR, CB and LB.    

Just don't like that strategy at all.

5 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Yeah, I will agree to disagree.   Not going to engineer this draft to pick a player in 2nd round that is at a position of less need than DT, WR, CB and LB.    

Just don't like that strategy at all.

I only meant if he was #1 on the Falcons draft board then you do that. But since he's not the talk is irrelevant.

g-dawg likes this

4 hours ago, g-dawg said:

All depends on what they think of saubert.

how is this any different philosophically G than you and 3/4 of this board wanting Isaiah Wynn at pick #26 with Sean Harlow drafted a year earlier? 

For the record, i’m Holding fast what I said 4 months ago....we’re drafting DT in Rd 1. :ninja:

4 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I think a good Joker TE....be it Hurst, Goedert, Andrews...will still be there for us in our Rd 2 pick. 

42 minutes ago, vel said:

Umm.... Care to elaborate? 

Between Hooper developing and Paulsen being a decent second option, we didn't need a 200 yard, 0 td second round TE. Dude was a bust considering the hype he was receiving.

52 minutes ago, O sizzle said:

Between Hooper developing and Paulsen being a decent second option, we didn't need a 200 yard, 0 td second round TE. Dude was a bust considering the hype he was receiving.

The transition for TE’s from the NCAA to the NFL is one of the hardest transitions in sports. 

Rookie TE’s need plenty of time to develop. 

He will be fine.

Atl Falcon and Knight of God like this

37 minutes ago, WiscoFalcon said:

The transition for TE’s from the NCAA to the NFL is one of the hardest transitions in sports. 

Rookie TE’s need plenty of time to develop. 

He will be fine.

Dude was buttered up during senior bowl and I knew then he sucked. I rather have a plug and play starter, I don't think the transition is that hard. All he has to do is run routes and catch, and stand in front of someone every once in a blue moon.