since68andcounting

Gesecki

154 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, celtiksage said:

True. And I think Hurst goes first to Detroit or Baltimore, maybe Cinci, but around 17-20 and then Gesicki to the Pats. They always like 2 TEs and Gronk is starting to fall off and could possibly retire in 1-3 years so I think he is losing trust with that FO.

Gesicki wont make it to 30 bc the Saints will skip to the posium. It's their number one need, and tried to address it by signing Graham. I aagree Hurst goes first as he is more balanced and a true TE. He's pretty much Ertz to me, and Gesicki is fster and more athletic than ALL te's in the NFL right now.

I need some help from the smarter members here... Gesecki has a good 40 but has a crazy long stride to do so.  I was under the impression that long strides and tight ends don't mix because playing inside they don't really get the opportunity to fully utilize that stride.  Is that accurate or nothing to worry about?

I love the way the kid will use body control and high point jump balls but are we overrating his speed?

7 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Gesicki wont make it to 30 bc the Saints will skip to the posium. It's their number one need, and tried to address it by signing Graham. I aagree Hurst goes first as he is more balanced and a true TE. He's pretty much Ertz to me, and Gesicki is fster and more athletic than ALL te's in the NFL right now.

I don't think he will fall to 30 either. Pats will take him with the pick they got from the Rams (23 I think). They also seem to be paying a lot of interest to OT Kolton Miller who they grab at 30 (although they could grab OTs McGlinchey or Williams if they fall that far).

I'm just hoping Maurice Hurst falls to us and I would settle for Bryan.

10 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

We need to draft Shakeem. His twin Shaquill is the reason the Seahawks so easily parted with Sherman. He is their number 1 CB now, so you know Shakeem can play any position behind the front 4. I could see Seahawks puuting him at #2 cb. He has special blitz and even some edge rush ability. I have him going to Seattle in the 4th but wouldn't be suprised if they took him in the 3rd. I love him for our 4th, given we don't draft a LB before. That gives us 3 starters with sub 4.4. 40 speed. I very much doubt that has ever been done.

I wonder if prosthetic devices are allowed in the NFL. He put up 20 reps with a prosthetic hand which is just crazy to me. The left hand hampers his game a tad, but he overcomes it to an unbelievable level.

I doubt prostectics probably not allowed . I could see Shaquiem at either safety position . 

On 3/26/2018 at 10:48 AM, since68andcounting said:

Ok, look at this chart and tell me who the 5 players are. Green is best in category and light green is 2nd best.

5players.thumb.png.cbd0c56ee8a8ef0edd0bb6a73684fd64.png

Player D.

On 4/5/2018 at 2:02 AM, pren226 said:

I need some help from the smarter members here... Gesecki has a good 40 but has a crazy long stride to do so.  I was under the impression that long strides and tight ends don't mix because playing inside they don't really get the opportunity to fully utilize that stride.  Is that accurate or nothing to worry about?

I love the way the kid will use body control and high point jump balls but are we overrating his speed?

gGesicki will be effective no matter where he lines up. Long striders eat up a ton of space quickly, and even though he doesn't have elite acceleration, he certainly doesn't need a runway to get up to speed. 

Slappywhite likes this

On 4/4/2018 at 11:13 PM, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

What is it that you don't like other than blocking. I consider him a WR more than a TE. I don't see a better redzone threat. A 41.5" vertical is made for fades. I felt that way abut him until he outshined the crazy athletic class from last season. His 4.55 40 is impressive, but the fact that he ran 4.55 on both sprints is just as impressive. It shows it's not a fluke.He also blew Julio away at the 20 yd shuttle. He doesn't have to do everything well, he just needs to be a mismatch and home run threat that can't be contained with a lb or SS. Ryan loves to throw high and this guy easily snaags anything 12 ft high  or lower.. flat footed he can reach 9 1/2 ft. He touched exactly 13 ft in air during his vertical test. His numbers are akin to a st.Brown wr prospect so I just consider hima 250 pd wr, which makes him a very rare talent. He had the best combine since Vernon Davis.

His hands sukk.

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 11:16 AM, g-dawg said:

literally NO ONE said that on TATF.

I would say 80% of TATF was in love w/ Aaron Donald.  Had we not needed a Left Tackle, he probably would have been the pick.  I know Mike Smith and Mike Nolan loved him that year as the Falcons coaching staff coached the Senior Bowl.

This is how I remember it.  Seemed like everyone on the board wanted Donald that year.

Slappywhite and g-dawg like this

On 3/26/2018 at 10:24 AM, EZfalcons said:

Honestly I would not be mad if we select him in the 1st or trade down and select him early 2nd. Dude is a total mismatch.

Co-sign.  Exciting to see all the talent that will be available late in the first or early in the 2nd.  if we do trade down, I wonder what we would gain in the trade.

12 minutes ago, osiruz said:

Basing this on senior bowl.

Lol What???

By all respectable accounts from folks who were actually there, Gesicki was one of the best players all week at the Sr. Bowl. D@mn near every single journalist, coach, former player, etc. was gushing about how he was dominating in practices all week... particularly in the final practice before the game.

In 2016, Gesicki was named honorable mention All-Big Ten after starting all 14 games and catching 48 passes for 679 yards and five TDs. As a senior in 2017 he set school season records for touchdown catches by a tight end (nine) and receiving yardage by a tight end (679) and was named first-team All-Big Ten (media) and second-team all-conference (coaches).

Gesicki, who turns 23 in October, won the program’s Quarterback Club Award (given to seniors who deserve special recognition) and was named Academic All-Big Ten. He was a standout at the Senior Bowl and the NFL scouting combine.

Upside: Exceptional athletic ability for the position — ranked in the 95th percentile or better among combine tight ends since 1999 in the 3-cone drill, shuttle drills and jumping drills. Finished just outside that range with his 4.54-second 40-yard dash and turned in a pleasantly surprising 22 reps on the bench press.

Long arms and big hands — gives a wide catching radius and can go up and get jump balls. Might possess the best true balls skills of any TE in this class. Gets open with ease against linebackers and safeties. Couldn’t be covered one-on-one at the Senior Bowl. Lined up wide, in the slot, in-line and as an offset fullback. Learned two different offensive systems at PSU.

Natural hands — failed to haul in only three catchable passes (out of 83 targets) last season, and none were sheer drops. Has refined his route-running skills. Subtle head fakes and loose hips can shake defenders at the stem of his routes. Developed into one of the country’s best red-zone targets last season. Natural body control, athleticism and wingspan to outleap almost any defender he’s matched up against.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/01/penn-states-mike-gesicki-putting-bed-concerns-drops/

“Three years ago, my sophomore year, 2015, dealt with a little bit of adversity,” Gesicki said at the podium of yesterday’s Senior Bowl media day. “Had five drops. People blew it up to make it like it was 50.”

Part of the issue, he admits, was getting into his own head, overthinking and ironically, losing concentration. A domino effect, quicksand, one bad player that stacked another. He used the offseason to breathe and do some different drills, including one catching tennis balls, to not just cut down on those drops but eliminate them.

“Just went into that offseason. Did everything in my power that it would never happen again. Did not drop a ball my junior year, had 48 catches. And technically didn’t drop a ball my entire season year. I count one just because I’m hard on myself. So that’s 105 catches with no drops. So I’m over that.”

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-masonsmailbag/Masons-Mailbag-Trade-for-Sua-Cravens-doesnt-prevent-Broncos-from-looking-at-draft-ILBs/238f7edb-70e9-4ae5-b299-826f82cc5539

I think I speak for all of us on "First and Ten at Ten" -- me, Ryan Edwards and Ring of Famer Steve Atwater -- when I offer nothing but praise for Gesicki's potential. He possesses all of the necessary tools to be an effective inside and intermediate target as a "move" tight end -- i.e. one that operates in space from a stand-up alignment. We've probably talked about Gesicki at least three or four times per week since watching him at the Senior Bowl.

What's more, Gesicki could not have embraced his chance to work with Broncos Tight Ends Coach Geep Chryst any more, based on how well he did at the Senior Bowl and how effusive he was talking about Chryst at the Combine over a month later.

"Oh, man. Coach Chryst is an unbelievable dude. Loved working with him," Gesicki said. "He kind of set the standard for tight end coaches in the NFL really high."

After posting the best Combine workout of any tight end -- and one of the best all-around workouts of any player at any position -- Gesicki could be picked as early as the final 10 picks of the first round, and should be off the board no later than the first 10 picks of Round 2.

Slappywhite likes this

3 hours ago, k-train said:

Lol What???

By all respectable accounts from folks who were actually there, Gesicki was one of the best players all week at the Sr. Bowl. D@mn near every single journalist, coach, former player, etc. was gushing about how he was dominating in practices all week... particularly in the final practice before the game.

In 2016, Gesicki was named honorable mention All-Big Ten after starting all 14 games and catching 48 passes for 679 yards and five TDs. As a senior in 2017 he set school season records for touchdown catches by a tight end (nine) and receiving yardage by a tight end (679) and was named first-team All-Big Ten (media) and second-team all-conference (coaches).

Gesicki, who turns 23 in October, won the program’s Quarterback Club Award (given to seniors who deserve special recognition) and was named Academic All-Big Ten. He was a standout at the Senior Bowl and the NFL scouting combine.

Upside: Exceptional athletic ability for the position — ranked in the 95th percentile or better among combine tight ends since 1999 in the 3-cone drill, shuttle drills and jumping drills. Finished just outside that range with his 4.54-second 40-yard dash and turned in a pleasantly surprising 22 reps on the bench press.

Long arms and big hands — gives a wide catching radius and can go up and get jump balls. Might possess the best true balls skills of any TE in this class. Gets open with ease against linebackers and safeties. Couldn’t be covered one-on-one at the Senior Bowl. Lined up wide, in the slot, in-line and as an offset fullback. Learned two different offensive systems at PSU.

Natural hands — failed to haul in only three catchable passes (out of 83 targets) last season, and none were sheer drops. Has refined his route-running skills. Subtle head fakes and loose hips can shake defenders at the stem of his routes. Developed into one of the country’s best red-zone targets last season. Natural body control, athleticism and wingspan to outleap almost any defender he’s matched up against.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/01/penn-states-mike-gesicki-putting-bed-concerns-drops/

“Three years ago, my sophomore year, 2015, dealt with a little bit of adversity,” Gesicki said at the podium of yesterday’s Senior Bowl media day. “Had five drops. People blew it up to make it like it was 50.”

Part of the issue, he admits, was getting into his own head, overthinking and ironically, losing concentration. A domino effect, quicksand, one bad player that stacked another. He used the offseason to breathe and do some different drills, including one catching tennis balls, to not just cut down on those drops but eliminate them.

“Just went into that offseason. Did everything in my power that it would never happen again. Did not drop a ball my junior year, had 48 catches. And technically didn’t drop a ball my entire season year. I count one just because I’m hard on myself. So that’s 105 catches with no drops. So I’m over that.”

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-masonsmailbag/Masons-Mailbag-Trade-for-Sua-Cravens-doesnt-prevent-Broncos-from-looking-at-draft-ILBs/238f7edb-70e9-4ae5-b299-826f82cc5539

I think I speak for all of us on "First and Ten at Ten" -- me, Ryan Edwards and Ring of Famer Steve Atwater -- when I offer nothing but praise for Gesicki's potential. He possesses all of the necessary tools to be an effective inside and intermediate target as a "move" tight end -- i.e. one that operates in space from a stand-up alignment. We've probably talked about Gesicki at least three or four times per week since watching him at the Senior Bowl.

What's more, Gesicki could not have embraced his chance to work with Broncos Tight Ends Coach Geep Chryst any more, based on how well he did at the Senior Bowl and how effusive he was talking about Chryst at the Combine over a month later.

"Oh, man. Coach Chryst is an unbelievable dude. Loved working with him," Gesicki said. "He kind of set the standard for tight end coaches in the NFL really high."

After posting the best Combine workout of any tight end -- and one of the best all-around workouts of any player at any position -- Gesicki could be picked as early as the final 10 picks of the first round, and should be off the board no later than the first 10 picks of Round 2.

I want him badly man I try not to get too caught up in banging the table for a player but man gesicki would make this red zone **** a non issue..taven Bryan and gesicki are my first round picks and the crazy thing is both could be gone by our pick :(

HASHBROWN3, Slappywhite and Vandy like this

18 hours ago, RoddyWhite84 said:

I want him badly man I try not to get too caught up in banging the table for a player but man gesicki would make this red zone **** a non issue..taven Bryan and gesicki are my first round picks and the crazy thing is both could be gone by our pick :(

I'll say this much. I think if we pass on him at 26, and he gets snapped up by the Saints or Pats, we're gonna be regretting it for a long time. He will not make it out of the first round.

On 4/12/2018 at 8:35 AM, k-train said:

Lol What???

He played bad during the game. I counted at east 2 drops.

1 hour ago, osiruz said:

He played bad during the game. I counted at east 2 drops.

Strange how you are seemingly the only person on Earth that came to that conclusion. You sure you weren’t looking at somebody else? He had 3 catches for just under 40 yards 0 drops & 0 TDs. That’s not really debatable, bro.

6 hours ago, Gold4425 said:

He is a playmaker and with our lack of money if we are going to make it to the PLAYOFFS and Super bowl we need to DRAFT playmakers

Always a good plan!

On 4/13/2018 at 7:55 AM, since68andcounting said:

I'll say this much. I think if we pass on him at 26, and he gets snapped up by the Saints or Pats, we're gonna be regretting it for a long time. He will not make it out of the first round.

Totally agree with you I don' want to see him I'm either of those uniforms