since68andcounting

Gesecki

154 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

You are correct.....but the draft is not about rookies....it is  about the future.

There are plenty of tight ends who do not light it up as rookies but by their 2nd  or third season become legit threats.

I am not saying that we should draft him...but you should not avoid a guy just because he may not be great as a rookie because of his position.

I agree.  And I'm not saying I never ever wouldn't spend a 1st on some super stud te (would have to be special)...just that imo those picks are better served elsewhere and more important positions.

falconsd56 likes this

2 minutes ago, athell said:

I agree.  And I'm not saying I never ever wouldn't spend a 1st on some super stud te (would have to be special)...just that imo those picks are better served elsewhere and more important positions.

I agree....but if he is the guy with the most upside...I would not mind it.

athell and Slappywhite like this

On 3/26/2018 at 10:47 AM, g-dawg said:

Falcons have showed more interest in the Ginger - Hayden Hurst.

Mayock has Gesicki at #3 overall with Hurst #1 and Goedart #2.

So another word Gesiski may be available in the 2nd when we draft or trade up a bit to get him?

On 3/26/2018 at 10:48 AM, since68andcounting said:

Ok, look at this chart and tell me who the 5 players are. Green is best in category and light green is 2nd best.

5players.thumb.png.cbd0c56ee8a8ef0edd0bb6a73684fd64.png

Goedert,Julio Jones,DJ Moore?,Gesicki, Andrews

Edited by ATLSlobberKnockers

7 hours ago, rudy said:

So another word Gesiski may be available in the 2nd when we draft or trade up a bit to get him?

no. If we don't sign him the Saints will

10 hours ago, rudy said:

I doubt it with the combine he had. I am banking the Patriots take him with the Rams pick they acquired.

Slappywhite likes this

40 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

I doubt it with the combine he had. I am banking the Patriots take him with the Rams pick they acquired.

I was thinking the same ...Patriots always load up on TEs.

On 3/26/2018 at 9:26 AM, since68andcounting said:

I know that we need DT bad. But we're about to sign Shelby, and there's depth in rounds 2-3 after the initial top few guys are gone. If Vea, Payne, Hurst, and Bryan are off the board, and Gesecki is sitting there, you have to grab him. He completely dominated the TE drills. He looks bigger, faster, and more athletic than any TE. He's a complete mismatch in weight, speed, and size.

No he's not known as a blocker. But we already signed our blocking TE. Think of him as a huge WR3 like Mike Evans. Total mismatch.

The Walter consensus mock doesn't even mention him before 27. He will be a serious player for someone. Go watch his combine 40. He looks like a man among boys, among full grown men. He has the same look of Cromartie or Megatron in college.

I love TEs. Good ones. In the voice of the great Dan Reeves, "you can never have enough tight ends". With that said, is Gesicki the best TE? Not sure. What about Goedert? Hurst? Many have them rated higher. TATF has fallen in love with buddy's underwear stats from the combine. I think he's good and will be successful on this level, but I'm not totally wowed by his Madden Combine stats and am not sure he's the best TE of the bunch.

On 3/26/2018 at 11:56 AM, athell said:

Seriously.  The list goes on and on.  Ebron.  Maxx Williams.  Eifert.  Gresham.  Pettigrew.  Keller.  The last really good TE taken in the first was Olsen in 2007 and the team that picked him there had no idea how to use him lol.  

Well the three from last year look pretty good. IDG the point of the round they were drafted. It should only be based off of who is the consensus top 5 TEs of each class. It's not like any TE will perform better if they slip out of the first. If you want a top TE this year you are going to have to spend a first. It's that simple.

2 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I love TEs. Good ones. In the voice of the great Dan Reeves, "you can never have enough tight ends". With that said, is Gesicki the best TE? Not sure. What about Goedert? Hurst? Many have them rated higher. TATF has fallen in love with buddy's underwear stats from the combine. I think he's good and will be successful on this level, but I'm not totally wowed by his Madden Combine stats and am not sure he's the best TE of the bunch.

Hurst is the best TE. Gesicki is a 250 pd wr

FalconFanSince1970 likes this

4 hours ago, Slappywhite said:

or Pats 

If they trade Gronk then yeah they will be in the market for the top 4 guys. Seahawks,Falcons, Saints,Jags possibly New England now. I like Troy the more I see

Slappywhite likes this

4 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Hurst is the best TE. Gesicki is a 250 pd wr

True. And I think Hurst goes first to Detroit or Baltimore, maybe Cinci, but around 17-20 and then Gesicki to the Pats. They always like 2 TEs and Gronk is starting to fall off and could possibly retire in 1-3 years so I think he is losing trust with that FO.

I know that we need DT bad. But we're about to sign Shelby, and there's depth in rounds 2-3 after the initial top few guys are gone. If Vea, Payne, Hurst, and Bryan are off the board, and Gesecki is sitting there, you have to grab him. He completely dominated the TE drills. He looks bigger, faster, and more athletic than any TE. He's a complete mismatch in weight, speed, and size.

No he's not known as a blocker. But we already signed our blocking TE. Think of him as a huge WR3 like Mike Evans. Total mismatch.

The Walter consensus mock doesn't even mention him before 27. He will be a serious player for someone. Go watch his combine 40. He looks like a man among boys, among full grown men. He has the same look of Cromartie or Megatron in college.

It'd be hard to be angry at us picking a playmaker like Gesicki. He's a wr and a TE. He also lined up at H-Back. I could think of worse picks. I'm not so positive that we're picking DT in the first. Vea, who we were linked to, will require a trade up. Nothing connecting us to Payne, yet. Some reports of us to Bryan. But I can see a 34 team loving that kid as a 5 tech. Chargers? Seattle  might be another Bryan suitor.

Shepherd looked great at Senior Bowl. But a first rounder?

Hurst is not that impressive and do we need another undersized guy? He's smaller than Grady. 

We're linked to a lot of mid round guys, but that could all change.

I think Hurst is one that we showed interest in. He might be a viable first rounder, and is probably the second best TE behind G.

Slappywhite likes this

On 3/26/2018 at 2:06 PM, since68andcounting said:

Play out? It'll take 3 years for any draft to "play out". And I never mentioned the word "secret". And wtf made you thread police??? I've been a fan for this team for 50 freaking years and if I wanna post a thread, I will. It's just discussion, man, chill a little.

I think you're misunderstanding my point. I'm not saying he will be drafted higher than his projection. Though he might be. I'm saying his long term value could prove to be better than both his projection and his draft position. And it's never too soon to say that. After the draft, it can't help us much, now, can it?

Come call me an idiot in 2 years when he's out of the league. Or not. But don't try to tell me that as a fan I can't give an opinion prior to my team making a decision. That's exactly what this board is for.

Hes a complete no it all arse whole

Dont waste ur time

9 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

If they trade Gronk then yeah they will be in the market for the top 4 guys. Seahawks,Falcons, Saints,Jags possibly New England now. I like Troy the more I see

I  like him too. the index finger doesnt seem to bother him at all , and I'm always gonna pull for people like him and Shaquiem , they leave no doubt that they arent afraid of a challenge or hard work .

5 hours ago, MSalmon said:

It'd be hard to be angry at us picking a playmaker like Gesicki. He's a wr and a TE. He also lined up at H-Back. I could think of worse picks. I'm not so positive that we're picking DT in the first. Vea, who we were linked to, will require a trade up. Nothing connecting us to Payne, yet. Some reports of us to Bryan. But I can see a 34 team loving that kid as a 5 tech. Chargers? Seattle  might be another Bryan suitor.

Shepherd looked great at Senior Bowl. But a first rounder?

Hurst is not that impressive and do we need another undersized guy? He's smaller than Grady. 

We're linked to a lot of mid round guys, but that could all change.

I think Hurst is one that we showed interest in. He might be a viable first rounder, and is probably the second best TE behind G.

Nice post and I totally agree with that last line , Hursts age also is something to be considered. 

MSalmon likes this

The Walter consensus mock doesn't even mention him before 27.

Someone over at Walter has had one too many martinis before *looks at clock* noon.

13 hours ago, celtiksage said:

True. And I think Hurst goes first to Detroit or Baltimore, maybe Cinci, but around 17-20 and then Gesicki to the Pats. They always like 2 TEs and Gronk is starting to fall off and could possibly retire in 1-3 years so I think he is losing trust with that FO.

thay and being on the trading block. I'm willing to bet the Saints take a TE at 27. They tried for Brandon Graham but he signed with the Pack. Coby Fleener has been a disappointment. If we land a top 3 DT, then I'm good taking Fumagalli in the 2nd, as he and Goedert's game look pretty similar to me. Goedert not running the 40 at the combine AND his proday scares me. He obviously is opting out of a weak spot to keep from slipping down the board. It may have the opposite effect. Mark Andrews is a 4.67 40 guy, which is goood straight line speed for a TE but dude WILL NOT BLOCK. g esicki has a weak spot blocking but is a willing blocker at least.

7 hours ago, Slappywhite said:

I  like him too. the index finger doesnt seem to bother him at all , and I'm always gonna pull for people like him and Shaquiem , they leave no doubt that they arent afraid of a challenge or hard work .

Yeah those spear catches are better than Hurst's or Goedert's. Looks like one of us catching a mini.

Slappywhite likes this

On 3/26/2018 at 11:59 AM, osiruz said:

I am not sold on Gesicki. I would rather us grab a WR.

What is it that you don't like other than blocking. I consider him a WR more than a TE. I don't see a better redzone threat. A 41.5" vertical is made for fades. I felt that way abut him until he outshined the crazy athletic class from last season. His 4.55 40 is impressive, but the fact that he ran 4.55 on both sprints is just as impressive. It shows it's not a fluke.He also blew Julio away at the 20 yd shuttle. He doesn't have to do everything well, he just needs to be a mismatch and home run threat that can't be contained with a lb or SS. Ryan loves to throw high and this guy easily snaags anything 12 ft high  or lower.. flat footed he can reach 9 1/2 ft. He touched exactly 13 ft in air during his vertical test. His numbers are akin to a st.Brown wr prospect so I just consider hima 250 pd wr, which makes him a very rare talent. He had the best combine since Vernon Davis.

11 hours ago, Slappywhite said:

We need to draft Shakeem. His twin Shaquill is the reason the Seahawks so easily parted with Sherman. He is their number 1 CB now, so you know Shakeem can play any position behind the front 4. I could see Seahawks puuting him at #2 cb. He has special blitz and even some edge rush ability. I have him going to Seattle in the 4th but wouldn't be suprised if they took him in the 3rd. I love him for our 4th, given we don't draft a LB before. That gives us 3 starters with sub 4.4. 40 speed. I very much doubt that has ever been done.

I wonder if prosthetic devices are allowed in the NFL. He put up 20 reps with a prosthetic hand which is just crazy to me. The left hand hampers his game a tad, but he overcomes it to an unbelievable level.

Slappywhite likes this

On 3/26/2018 at 10:31 AM, AlabamaFalconFan said:

I'm all for it (although I'm more on the CB, LB, OT, hype train for a first rounder), but it requires cutting another TE unless you bring 4 on the final roster (not a bad thing, we only had three last year, so you have to take away a lb,db,or wr from teams)

I would draft a cb in the first,IF we traded Trufant for a first. I hate his ****ed contract bc we can't conceivably cut him until after 2021!

On 3/26/2018 at 11:47 AM, 1989Fan said:

I am a huge PSU fan...and I will agree w you Gesicki is not overlooked at all. I personally think he is easily the best receiving TE in the draft, but he wasn’t asked to block much at PSU.

that said, a guy with that kind of body control on top of being 6’6” w/ a 41” very is sick. As much as I would like to have him, wouldn’t take him at 26 because of the needs we have. If he is there in round two though, run to the podium.

if anyone is being overlooked at State it’s WR DeSean Hamilton. He is a great leader and just broke Allen Robinson’s all time receptions record this year. Would make a great slot guy, or outside #2. Reminds me of Sterling Sheppard on the field. They had some good SR talent coming out this year. Safety Marcus Allen is another one I have my eye on come draft day if he lasts to round 2.

He might not make it to 26 but if we don't take him the Saints do no matter whos on the board bc he puts their offense in the top 3 all-time offenses next year. He will open things up for everyone while being BETTER than Julio as a RZ target. he reached 13 ft exactly on vertical(41.5) and ran a 4.55 both times, while beating Julio's 20 yd shuttle by .15 secs. He immediately has the best hands on the team, so you have to draft him if possible. Best combine since Vernon Davis? Yeah sounds great.

On 3/26/2018 at 1:12 PM, since68andcounting said:

Ok, man...sure...

There were people tons of people on this board saying he wasn't 1st round talent because he was too short. 

More than 50% were saying he was too short. I can vouch for that. Also aboutthe same ratio of experts said the same. He climed really fast right before the draft but the opinion on here didn't change.