since68andcounting

Gesecki

154 posts in this topic

I know that we need DT bad. But we're about to sign Shelby, and there's depth in rounds 2-3 after the initial top few guys are gone. If Vea, Payne, Hurst, and Bryan are off the board, and Gesecki is sitting there, you have to grab him. He completely dominated the TE drills. He looks bigger, faster, and more athletic than any TE. He's a complete mismatch in weight, speed, and size.

No he's not known as a blocker. But we already signed our blocking TE. Think of him as a huge WR3 like Mike Evans. Total mismatch.

The Walter consensus mock doesn't even mention him before 27. He will be a serious player for someone. Go watch his combine 40. He looks like a man among boys, among full grown men. He has the same look of Cromartie or Megatron in college.

I'm all for it (although I'm more on the CB, LB, OT, hype train for a first rounder), but it requires cutting another TE unless you bring 4 on the final roster (not a bad thing, we only had three last year, so you have to take away a lb,db,or wr from teams)

We really have Saubert for this role, guy really cant block at all - consensus among scouts and analyst I pay attention too seemed to make clear this was a very deep DT draft but that TE was pretty thin.  I think other than Hurst these guys arent going to kill it in the NFL because of inflexibility scheme wise when they are on the field.  On the boards I have seen ppl say how strong this TE class is and how weak the DT class is, ppl just saying whatever to fill the the narrative they want.  I even heard Mayock say its one of the best DT classes in last 10 years.  

Falx and Embrace the suck like this

1 hour ago, since68andcounting said:

I know that we need DT bad. But we're about to sign Shelby, and there's depth in rounds 2-3 after the initial top few guys are gone. If Vea, Payne, Hurst, and Bryan are off the board, and Gesecki is sitting there, you have to grab him. He completely dominated the TE drills. He looks bigger, faster, and more athletic than any TE. He's a complete mismatch in weight, speed, and size.

No he's not known as a blocker. But we already signed our blocking TE. Think of him as a huge WR3 like Mike Evans. Total mismatch.

The Walter consensus mock doesn't even mention him before 27. He will be a serious player for someone. Go watch his combine 40. He looks like a man among boys, among full grown men. He has the same look of Cromartie or Megatron in college.

Falcons have showed more interest in the Ginger - Hayden Hurst.

Mayock has Gesicki at #3 overall with Hurst #1 and Goedart #2.

mar31985 likes this

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Falcons have showed more interest in the Ginger - Hayden Hurst.

Mayock has Gesicki at #3 overall with Hurst #1 and Goedart #2.

It blows my mind how much this guy is being overlooked. Walter has him in round 2-4. I saw him do his 40 in the combine with all the other TEs and he truly looked by far the best athlete. He's a volleyball player. He knows how to time his jump to reach the apex. He also played basketball.

Mark my words...this guy will be another Aaron Donald. He's gonna be a world beater that was completely under valued heading into the draft.

Slappywhite likes this

I love Mayock, but this DT class blows.  

Vita- solid first rounder

Payne- didn't do **** his entire college career and now a first round pick???  No way man.

Bryan- has played since high school but looks like a first year player.  Seriously everyone talks about how "raw" he is, but he just can't play.  Looks like a chicken with his head cut off.

Hurst- solid, stock will drop cause of his heart crap.

That's this years first round talent.  It suxs man, and isnt close to best in last 10 years. We need vita to fall or to hold out for a DT in later rounds.

KRUNKuno likes this

12 minutes ago, DMT11 said:

We really have Saubert for this role, guy really cant block at all - consensus among scouts and analyst I pay attention too seemed to make clear this was a very deep DT draft but that TE was pretty thin.  I think other than Hurst these guys arent going to kill it in the NFL because of inflexibility scheme wise when they are on the field.  On the boards I have seen ppl say how strong this TE class is and how weak the DT class is, ppl just saying whatever to fill the the narrative they want.  I even heard Mayock say its one of the best DT classes in last 10 years.  

That's my point. DT is deep going into rounds 2-3. This guy is a steal in the 2nd and every bit worth the #26 pick. Can you answer the combine chart question?

Just now, since68andcounting said:

It blows my mind how much this guy is being overlooked. Walter has him in round 2-4. I saw him do his 40 in the combine with all the other TEs and he truly looked by far the best athlete. He's a volleyball player. He knows how to time his jump to reach the apex. He also played basketball.

Mark my words...this guy will be another Aaron Donald. He's gonna be a world beater that was completely under valued heading into the draft.

Gesicki is not being overlooked at all.   His combine put him on everyone’s radar.  It seems like he is more viewed as just a big WR since he cannot block.  Also, his legs look a little on skinny side so might be hard to add a lot of strength in lower half.

One thing I know is Gesicki is most certainly NOT under the radar, nor is he being overlooked.

3 minutes ago, since68andcounting said:

That's my point. DT is deep going into rounds 2-3. This guy is a steal in the 2nd and every bit worth the #26 pick. Can you answer the combine chart question?

Maybe Gesicki should be a Decathalete in the 2018 Olympics.

6 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Gesicki is gonna be the man.  His catch radius is sick.

Reminds me of Aaron Hernandez, but he only kills people on the field!

Very much like Hernandez. Guarantee he is gone at #32 when the Pats pick if not sooner. BB knows how to use an athletic mismatch.

10 minutes ago, Hingle McCringleberry said:

I'm cooling on Geisicki, because he is essentially just a tall wideout at the TE position. 

So use him as a tall wideout. He's faster, stronger, and shifter than guys 5 inches shorter.

Still no one has made a guess at my combine chart. I'll give you a hint:

2 are HOF Tight Ends

1 is a HOF WR

1 will be a HOF WR

Tbe other is Mike Gisecke.

30 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Gesicki is not being overlooked at all.   His combine put him on everyone’s radar.  It seems like he is more viewed as just a big WR since he cannot block.  Also, his legs look a little on skinny side so might be hard to add a lot of strength in lower half.

One thing I know is Gesicki is most certainly NOT under the radar, nor is he being overlooked.

Idk man...when I see a guy with measurables like this being mocked around 50, that seems overlooked to me.

1 minute ago, since68andcounting said:

Idk man...when I see a guy with measurables like this being mocked around 50, that seems overlooked to me.

You just want Gesicki,  so you are overhyping this.

Besides, we are still a month away and these mock draft sites are gonna shuffle 2-3 more times before the draft.   It could be that by mid-April Gesicki is a consensus 1st rounder - or not.

One thing I know....there are 32 NFL teams, they were all at NFL Combine and the GMs, HCs and Scouts know how to watch game film.    Gesicki went to Penn Freaking State - not NE Idaho A&I State.

The Great American and 1989Fan like this

11 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Besides, we are still a month away and these mock draft sites are gonna shuffle 2-3 more times before the draft.   It could be that by mid-April Gesicki is a consensus 1st rounder - or not.

One thing I know....there are 32 NFL teams, they were all at NFL Combine and the GMs, HCs and Scouts know how to watch game film.    Gesicki went to Penn Freaking State - not NE Idaho A&I State.

I am a huge PSU fan...and I will agree w you Gesicki is not overlooked at all. I personally think he is easily the best receiving TE in the draft, but he wasn’t asked to block much at PSU.

that said, a guy with that kind of body control on top of being 6’6” w/ a 41” very is sick. As much as I would like to have him, wouldn’t take him at 26 because of the needs we have. If he is there in round two though, run to the podium.

if anyone is being overlooked at State it’s WR DeSean Hamilton. He is a great leader and just broke Allen Robinson’s all time receptions record this year. Would make a great slot guy, or outside #2. Reminds me of Sterling Sheppard on the field. They had some good SR talent coming out this year. Safety Marcus Allen is another one I have my eye on come draft day if he lasts to round 2.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

38 minutes ago, Hingle McCringleberry said:

I'm cooling on Geisicki, because he is essentially just a tall wideout at the TE position. 

Soooo Jimmy Graham?

23 minutes ago, athell said:

You don't take TEs in the 1st.  No.

Eric Ebron :ninja:

1 hour ago, since68andcounting said:

Ok, look at this chart and tell me who the 5 players are. Green is best in category and light green is 2nd best.

5players.thumb.png.cbd0c56ee8a8ef0edd0bb6a73684fd64.png

based on this I'd go with player D, if we're sticking with 'fast and physical' he definitely has the tools to fit

10 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

what you got against taters? :huh::lol: