6'4 315lbs DT Nathan Shepherd

atljbo

Man I'm a BIG Shepherd fan. He's the guy I'd take a chance on before Bryan at 26. He's got the size and strength to be a menace at 1T without using a premium pick. If they took Bryan and Shepherd, I'd be ecstatic though. 

1 minute ago, vel said:

Man I'm a BIG Shepherd fan. He's the guy I'd take a chance on before Bryan at 26. He's got the size and strength to be a menace at 1T without using a premium pick. If they took Bryan and Shepherd, I'd be ecstatic though. 

Yea he kind of remind me of Akiem Hicks .. Big and explosive as **** with very string hands... Coach Quinn will love how dude is tough as **** too

8 minutes ago, vel said:

Dope. That’s interesting. Quinn has no doubt done his so diligence on him. He could be a Charles Haley type draftee. Small school guy that becomes a menace in the nfl. I watched Haley wreak havoc on Georgia Southern when I was a kid 1st hand. A smart guy like Bill Walsh knew what he could be in his system. Quinn comes from the Walsh tree.  

I like Shepherd a lot. Don't see him as a replacement for Poe though, he's much more in the Rashede Hageman mould, lots of atheltic upside but still pretty raw when it comes to gap assignments and understanding blocking schemes.

The 1st 2 rounds seem pretty high for him, but I knoe his stock has been on the rise.

10 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

Only thing is Quinn likes squatty guys like Jarrett and Aaron Donald, and Warren Sapp. 

Well he did have Red Bryant and Tony McDaniel in his rotation before. Bryant was 6’4” and McDaniel was 6’7”

i looked at DQs past interior DL (which isn’t a perfect way to judge) and he seems to have had everything from long 5 techs like McDaniel down to squatty bodies like Brandon Mebane.

7 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

I like Shepherd a lot. Don't see him as a replacement for Poe though, he's much more in the Rashede Hageman mould, lots of atheltic upside but still pretty raw when it comes to gap assignments and understanding blocking schemes.

The 1st 2 rounds seem pretty high for him, but I knoe his stock has been on the rise.

Has Hageman stayed ready to play?  Doubtful, but if he has we should consider resigning him.  He hasn't beat down any domestic partners in well over a year now.

1 hour ago, DogIsYourName said:

Has Hageman stayed ready to play?  Doubtful, but if he has we should consider resigning him.  He hasn't beat down any domestic partners in well over a year now.

Yeah, that makes the first one OK. 

As far as I'm concerned, you put your hands on a lady in a non-friendly, unwanted manner and you're done. Period. End of story. 

4 hours ago, MSalmon said:

Well he did have Red Bryant and Tony McDaniel in his rotation before. Bryant was 6’4” and McDaniel was 6’7”

i looked at DQs past interior DL (which isn’t a perfect way to judge) and he seems to have had everything from long 5 techs like McDaniel down to squatty bodies like Brandon Mebane.

Were they drafted or did he inherit them when he became the DC in Seattle? I can’t remember.  I’m not saying he’s never had them and doesn’t like them. That’s just what he said when he was describing the type of players he likes at that position. He likes players that get leverage quickly. Can get underneath pads. He inherited the big guy from Smitty and he started balling in his second year with Quinn. He like squatty guys but he also like big guys that move like quick squatting guys. It’s all about leverage at the end of the day. 

5 hours ago, MSalmon said:

I was looking at this too but neither Mebane nor McDaniel high picks nor third down winners. You can find those guys right now in FA or later in the draft. 

5 hours ago, DogIsYourName said:

Yep. Or, at least none who remain able to speak and are physically capable of reporting it. :lol: