Nfl schedule release

With FA being very quiet and still a month until the draft I would like to make a post about one of my most exciting things about the NFL - the schedule release. Take away the games and the draft this is always the most interesting thing to me.  

I know what you are thinking. We already know who we are going to play, but not when. When is our bye? How many teams will we play coming from a bye? How many night games?

i think it was **** last year - hate the early bye. Schedule should be released 17th of April.

My prediction of late night games: 

A Saints game(thursday night) Green Bay, Eagles and the Steelers.

Home

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

New Orleans Saints

Carolina Panthers

New York Giants

Cincinnati Bengals

Dallas Cowboys

Arizona Cardinals

Baltimore Ravens

Away

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

New Orleans Saints

Carolina Panthers

Cleveland Browns

Philadelphia Eagles

Green Bay Packers

Washington Redskins

Pittsburgh Steelers

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Still thinking THEY MIGHT have us open the Season in Philly. 

Wouldn’t be surprised as it is one of their biggest out of divisional home games against a(get ready for it)ratings drawing opponent.

Away at Phily, Pitt, or Green Bay are the more likely options. it will be either a rematch f the divisional playoffs, the top 2 wideouts battle it out with a side story of can Matt Ryan beat pittsburgh, or Can Aaron Godgers finally kick his habit of losing to Atlanta. They will probably want to start the season on thrusday with the previous super bowl winners at home with a worth opponent. So that is a possibility.

Edited by Hingle McCringleberry

25 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Wouldn’t be surprised as it is one of their biggest out of divisional home games against a(get ready for it)ratings drawing opponent.

From what I’ve seen it’s all but a lock Vikings Philly for the opener. 

Although the Monday night double header could have us in it. 

17 minutes ago, Hingle McCringleberry said:

Away at Phily, Pitt, or Green Bay are the more likely options. it will be either a rematch f the divisional playoffs, the top 2 wideouts battle it out with a side story of can Matt Ryan beat pittsburgh, or Can Aaron Godgers finally kick his habit of losing to Atlanta. They will probably want to start the season on thrusday with the previous super bowl winners at home with a worth opponent. So that is a possibility.

I am thinking they are going to want a high ratings game to kick off the season and we fit that bill. 

11 minutes ago, ICD said:

From what I’ve seen it’s all but a lock Vikings Philly for the opener. 

Although the Monday night double header could have us in it. 

I think it comes down to us or them and I would say the Falcons are a bigger draw, since offense brings in casual fans more often or at least that is what the league has shown. 

Unless they just make it a divisional game, which would suck! 

They also could build up the return of Deshaun Watson, that could be a big draw as well.

Just now, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I don’t, I want them to have to face each other AND THEN have to come through us! 

I wouldn't hate that scenario, but I would just like the Falcons to prove to all of the "experts" that they deserve to be in the super bowl once they get there. Leave little chance to think that they had it easy. The top 5 teams in the NFC is the Eagles, Vikings, Rams, Falcons,and as much as I hate to say it, the Aints (:barf:) in no particular order. We will probably split the season series against the aints. 

41 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

A lot of reports I've seen online have said that it'll be Minnesota against Philly. 

2 minutes ago, Hingle McCringleberry said:

I wouldn't hate that scenario, but I would just like the Falcons to prove to all of the "experts" that they deserve to be in the super bowl once they get there. Leave little chance to think that they had it easy. The top 5 teams in the NFC is the Eagles, Vikings, Rams, Falcons,and as much as I hate to say it, the Aints (:barf:) in no particular order. We will probably split the season series against the aints. 

Going 14-2, getting the #1 seed and hosting one of those two would do that trick as well.

13 minutes ago, Hingle McCringleberry said:

Yeah, Thats why I want the vikings or eagles in the divisional, and the other in the NFCCG. Don't want the aints, because anything can happen in a regular season game, just imagine a playoff game.

Who are these Aints you speak of?? 

I know we call this team called the ‘Taints’ twice a year! :D

3 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Who are these Aints you speak of?? 

I know we call this team called the ‘Taints’ twice a year! :D

I remember a couple years back on this board I called them the Taints and a falcons fan of all people called all pissy that I called them the taints and kept saying it was childish. That isn't the reason I don't call them taints though, I just like aints more.

Just now, Hingle McCringleberry said:

I remember a couple years back on this board I called them the Taints and a falcons fan of all people called all pissy that I called them the taints and kept saying it was childish. That isn't the reason I don't call them taints though, I just like aints more.

You are not gonna get me to say, “I like Taints better”! 

Lmao

And whoever that was, needs to get over themselves! This is a sporting event, not a debate on the national mall to solve world hunger! 

4 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

You are not gonna get me to say, “I like Taints better”! 

Lmao

And whoever that was, needs to get over themselves! This is a sporting event, not a debate on the national mall to solve world hunger! 

Calling them the taints is pretty clean cut humor for me. I called get a lot darker with it.

Just now, Hingle McCringleberry said:

Calling them the taints is pretty clean cut humor for me. I called get a lot darker with it.

Exactly, there are WAY WORSE things we could say about that town/fan base. 

Taints normally does not insight a fight, it regularly gets a clever chuckle and a comeback from Taint fans. 

And going back to that ‘fan’ that thought it was childish... 

Dude, we are on a message board talking about a child’s sport that grown men are playing and other grown ups are cheering them on in! Maybe it’s just me but... 

9 hours ago, FalconOdense said:

With FA being very quiet and still a month until the draft I would like to make a post about one of my most exciting things about the NFL - the schedule release. Take away the games and the draft this is always the most interesting thing to me.  

I know what you are thinking. We already know who we are going to play, but not when. When is our bye? How many teams will we play coming from a bye? How many night games?

i think it was **** last year - hate the early bye. Schedule should be released 17th of April.

My prediction of late night games: 

A Saints game(thursday night) Green Bay, Eagles and the Steelers.

Home

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

New Orleans Saints

Carolina Panthers

New York Giants

Cincinnati Bengals

Dallas Cowboys

Arizona Cardinals

Baltimore Ravens

Away

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

New Orleans Saints

Carolina Panthers

Cleveland Browns

Philadelphia Eagles

Green Bay Packers

Washington Redskins

Pittsburgh Steelers

Just throwing something together

• Week 1 - Sun. Sep. 9th - Tampa Bay at Atlanta
  • Week 2 - Mon. Sep. 17th - Atlanta at Pittsburgh (MNF)
  • Week 3 - Sun. Sep. 23rd - Atlanta at Cleveland
  • Week 4 - Sun. Sep. 30th - Arizona at Atlanta
  • Week 5 - Thu. Oct. 4th - Atlanta at New Orleans (TNF)
  • Week 6 - Sun. Oct. 14th - Cincinnati at Atlanta
  • Week 7 - BYE
  • Week 8 - Sun. Oct. 28th - NY Giants at Atlanta
  • Week 9 - Sun. Nov. 4th - Atlanta at Philadelphia (SNF)
  • Week 10 - Sun. Nov. 11th - Baltimore at Atlanta
  • Week 11 - Mon. Nov. 19th - Atlanta at Green Bay (MNF)
  • Week 12 - Sun. Nov. 25th - Atlanta at Tampa Bay
  • Week 13 - Sun. Dec. 2nd - Carolina at Atlanta
  • Week 14 - Sun. Dec. 9th - Atlanta at Washington
  • Week 15 - Sun. Dec. 16th - Dallas at Atlanta
  • Week 16 - Sun. Dec. 23rd - Atlanta at Carolina
  • Week 17 - Sun. Dec. 30th - New Orleans at Atlanta

Just a randomly selected schedule. Probably isn't that far off what we'll actually see as far as number of prime-time games goes, where our bye week falls, ect.