Five Stages of Grief

5-stages-of-loss-and-grief-570788bd2a9e5

Denial - We will probably re-sign these guys or get Bennett or some other upgrade.

Anger - Poe, Clayborn, Shelby...what is TD doing, everybody is leaving.  Matt Ryan is killing us, trade Beasley, we could over pay if we wanted to..

Bargaining - We're playing the long game, TD is being smart with the money, the best teams build through the draft.

Depression - We're doomed.  Saints, Bucs and Panthers are building All-Madden teams and we're playing the draft lottery.

Acceptance - We got a no-name TE and resigned our best backup DL from last year, can't believe y'all were worried.

Just having a little fun with the board's emotional swings this offseason.  I think we'll be fine as long as we get a disruptive DL in the 1st round and a solid draft of role players.  Save for Julio (and maybe Matt), this team is not built on stars, it's built on "do your f'ing job" and play hard every snap.

4 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Cute and all but there is no grief. It’s offseason and time to brainstorm ideas in own ways to improve the roster. Discussing and not agreeing is grief. 

Think you may be taking my post just a wee bit too seriously.  It's just humor..."cute and all" was all it was intended to be...it's Friday..relax.  We're going to be okay.

21 minutes ago, papachaz said:

so you haven't been around much lately huh?? :ninja::lol:

I meant it’s not grief. Lol. If your fav nfl team not signing players is grief, some of the folks haven’t lived a tough life. There are far worse things in life to grieve than sports. Sports is entertainment.

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

I meant it’s not grief. Lol. If your fav nfl team not signing players is grief, some of the folks haven’t lived a tough life. There are far worse things in life to grieve than sports. Sports is entertainment.

Obviously....but if you were to choose something 'sports' to grieve, 28-3 is and forever shall be far and away #1. 

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

Tagging sports as just "entertainment" is not entirely accurate. For many, many NFL fans, what their football team is doing ~ or not doing ~ is as important as anything else they have on their minds.

Not saying that's a good thing, or even okay to be that engrossed in sports/sports team, but that is reality. I have had a hard life, but I've also had a good life, but I have been a rabid Falcon fan through every phase of that life.

It has caused me real pain and suffering on many occasions, but I can no more be a casual fan and be completely emotionally detached than I can flap my arms and fly to the mall.

You may declare sports unworthy of being taken seriously, but you can't erase the deep loyalty and ardor that many sports fans feel with a label. Sports is way too much like life to just be slotted in as "entertainment."

End rant.

15 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Tagging sports as just "entertainment" is not entirely accurate. For many, many NFL fans, what their football team is doing ~ or not doing ~ is as important as anything else they have on their minds.

Not saying that's a good thing, or even okay to be that engrossed in sports/sports team, but that is reality. I have had a hard life, but I've also had a good life, but I have been a rabid Falcon fan through every phase of that life.

It has caused me real pain and suffering on many occasions, but I can no more be a casual fan and be completely emotionally detached than I can flap my arms and fly to the mall.

You may declare sports unworthy of being taken seriously, but you can't erase the deep loyalty and ardor that many sports fans feel with a label. Sports is way too much like life to just be slotted in as "entertainment."

End rant.

I am not a casual fan either but off season is not when you grieve. It’s more for fun, may be frustrations. Sure I had my fair share of grieving when it comes to Falcons. It took me couple months to get over 28-3. My dad passed away 3 weeks after SB disaster,  he could have seen the Falcons finally winning a championship. Anyways I keep my sad part for bigger events usually at end of the season.

Zero grief here I've mentioned this in many a thread all I'm seeing is cool heads steering this ship.An off season plan has been set in motion and our FO is in the process of executing that plan.

What makes me laugh the most is still there are some that don't get what's going on.It makes me laugh reading some posters responses to the above moves.There thinking the game of off season strategy is chequers but it's chess every move is done for a reason to setup something else.

I just don't remember a time when we did not pick A SINGLE really good player or two in free agency.  usually something to bring hope and excitement to the franchise   also our rivals are getting much better   completely depressing

30 minutes ago, ket222 said:

I just don't remember a time when we did not pick A SINGLE really good player or two in free agency.  usually something to bring hope and excitement to the franchise   also our rivals are getting much better   completely depressing

The reason being is because we've drafted very well over the last 3 years and here in lies why we haven't done what you are suggesting.