Check out FA OL Jeremiah Searles

22 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Sirles

You spelled the name wrong. The name you posted brings up articles on some escaped convict from a couple years ago

When I did a google image search for "searles escaped convict" this was one of the images that came up....

process.thumb.jpg.ed230e408690a866afa9a5

@athell is there something you want to tell us?

:yikes:

5 minutes ago, kschreck said:

When I did a google image search for "searles escaped convict" this was one of the images that came up....

process.thumb.jpg.ed230e408690a866afa9a5

@athell is there something you want to tell us?

:yikes:

You just had to go and post that...sigh...now I gotta do something I didn't want to do kschreck.

See you shortly...

Interesting notes...

2016 season[edit]

In the 22-10 upset at Carolina in Week 3, Sirles played the final 39 minutes at left guard when Alex Boone went down because of a hip injury. The following week, Sirles stepped in at right tackle after Andre Smith went down with an elbow injury with eight minutes left in the first quarter. With Sirles on the field for the final 52 minutes, the Vikings scored 24 points, did not give up a sack, surpassed 100 yards rushing and scored their first two rushing touchdowns of the season.[9] A week later, Sirles made his first start at right tackle in the Vikings' 31-13 win over the Houston Texans. He was the highest graded Viking offensive lineman in the game according to Pro Football Focus.[10]

1 hour ago, Falconcheff said:

I just like the fact that he could be a sixth man for any position on the line; check post above... Nice to be able to dress one guy who could step in for ANY injury on the line...

Oh I agree, and that's who Pasztor was supposed to be. Makes a really tall interior player but he is a very cerebral guy that can play every position because he isn't undersized and is extremely intelligent and quick to learn position and scheme. I wouldn't be shocked to hear about him practicing on the DL before camp. You can't coach being 6'8", and height above 6'5"i s a plus on the D-line only. Having a 6"8" RG can hide a passing window briefly.On the Dline 6'8" also takes away passing windows. IDK what our plans were/are with Pasztor bc we signed him as a swing tackle after losing Compton, and it were as if we never addressed the swing tackle situation as we had to burn a 5th round pick for Ty Sombrero. A frigging 5th? Denver screwed us bad.

And durability, and versatility are the two most under-rated attributes a player can have in a fan's eye. That's the reason I wanted Fusco(who can play RG.LG.and center in F.A., or one of the OG/C prospects coming out in the draft. I agree about having a guy that can backup several positions.