Falcons Seem Interested In Arthur Moats

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/21/report-falcons-expressing-interest-in-linebacker-arthur-moats/

Report: Falcons expressing interest in linebacker Arthur Moats

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on March 21, 2018, 1:34 AM EDT
gettyimages-624647306-e1521609167276.jpg
Getty Images

The Atlanta Falcons have expressed interest in eight-year veteran linebacker Arthur Moats, according to Jeremy Fowler of ESPN.com.

Moats has spent matching four-year stints with the Buffalo Bills and Pittsburgh Steelers.

While the report states the Steelers remain interested in bringing Moats back possibly later in the free agent process, Moats is exploring his options. Moats played on less than nine percent of Pittsburgh’s defensive snaps last season and less than 22 percent of their special teams snaps, per Pro-Football-Reference.com. Moats may be looking for a place that presents a greater opportunity for him to play.

Moats recorded just eight tackles in 14 games last season for the Steelers with the limited playing time. He had started 25 of 48 games over the previous three seasons in Pittsburgh.

Moats would bring veteran experience to an Atlanta linebacker group that is still quite young. Vic Beasley is the most seasoned option currently on the roster with three seasons under his belt.

1 minute ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Never heard of em', so we probably are interested..

Moats has been around a while. Athletic, has some size, mainly he has backed seemingly everyone in the Steelers LB Corps. He's a strong vet presence that gives Riley time to get better and allow moves to be made in the draft.

2 hours ago, Knight of God said:

And he's a hybrid player. OLB and DE. I would say he is VERY comparable to Brooks Reed. Once here, you will likely not want him gone for at least 2-3 years.

This sounds like shade and that’s what makes it hilarious 

2 hours ago, FentayeJones said:

Falcons wanted to sign Moats Quinn's first year but he re-signed with the Steelers.

Why do we keep chasing guys who never want to be part of Falcons brotherhood willingly?!! 

Ive never heard a big F.A express any desire to play for Atlanta Falcons.

You can show players money...but, cant buy their heart.

Draft is the only way Dimitroff can moving forward justify his existence.

We are in win now mode and now only team left with Cowboys who havent much in offseason.

Lost key 2 major players on defensive end and we are unable to find even 1 backup replacement.

FULL BACK / T.E / SPECIAL TEAMS = also demand huge attention with some veteran players but, in that category also, we have failed miserably.

Hopefully, we find all answers in draft because, Im not willing to see any Eagles or Saints teams playing for Lombardi in our backyard!!! 

1 hour ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Why do we keep chasing guys who never want to be part of Falcons brotherhood willingly?!! 

We are in win now mode and now only team left with Cowboys who havent much in offseason.

Lost key 2 major players on defensive end and we are unable to find even 1 backup replacement.

FULL BACK / T.E / SPECIAL TEAMS = also demand huge attention with some veteran players but, in that category also, we have failed miserably.

Hopefully, we find all answers in draft because, Im not willing to see any Eagles or Saints teams playing for Lombardi in our backyard!!! 

You do realize if a FA signs with a team...he does so willingly.  You do understand how that works right?  

5 hours ago, Knight of God said:

And he's a hybrid player. OLB and DE. I would say he is VERY comparable to Brooks Reed. Once here, you will likely not want him gone for at least 2-3 years.

He would be very much like the Fusco signing on offense- solid vet who can contribute, not eat up a lot of cap space, gives them flexibility in the draft.

Now, just find a DT like that in FA, draft is BPA.

2 hours ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Bwahahahahah

What's your proof that Moats didn't want to sign with the Falcons last time he was a FA? He may have wanted to be here, but the Steelers offer was just too much more money to pass up.

You realize two current falcons players just  took straight pay cuts to stay with the  team right?

Turner FA, Gonzalez trade, Mack FA, Poe FA, Schreader UDFA- looks to me that TD is quite capable of finding help in every way possible-through the draft, FA, trades.

Falcons are in a win the next 5-7 years mode. And solidifying the Oline and re-signing their own players is hardly nothing. You think big splashy signing is the only way to get better, and it frequently makes a team worse. Look at Miami and Suh-they signed him to a 100 mil contract couple of years ago, just cut him and took a massive dead money hit to get rid of him.

You do realize it's March , right? There are six months to find replacements in the draft, in FA, in cuts from other teams. Takk is going to take most of Clayborns snaps, Poe gets replaced by a low level vet and a draft pick.

Don't consider Gonzalez, Tamme, Dimarco and a younger Weems failing miserably. Coleman and Roberts didn't work, but no team hits on all their choices. And, again, it's March.

If the season started tomorrow, Falcons would be in trouble, it doesn't. Everything you wrote here is just going to look ridiculous in September, well, even more ridiculous than it does now. 

39 minutes ago, athell said:

The stupidity is wearing me out man...I've got nothing left to give...

I know this place can seem exceedingly absent of reason, sanity or common sense, but I have seen the real world and it's far worse.

Me, I'm going to stay right here where at least the stupidity is warm and fuzzy and nobody is going to leave a package bomb on my doorstep or run over me with a non-human-driven car. :lol:

Also: I like the heck out of all these guys we're looking at, but we still have like $5 million in cap space and no contracts have gotten done, so the talking and meeting seems a bit futile, at least at the moment. Am I missing something?