Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

datchrisb1

Mock the Draft 4?

16 posts in this topic

1. Cleveland: Josh Allen QB (Wyoming)

2. New York (Giants): Saquan Barkley RB (Penn State)

3. New York (Jets): Sam Darnold QB (USC)

4. Cleveland: Quenton Nelson OG (Notre Dame)

5. Denver: Minkah Fitzpatrick DB (Alabama)

6. Indianapolis: Bradley Chubb DE (NC State)

7. Tampa Bay: Vita Vea DT (Washington)

8. Chicago: Calvin Ridley WR (Alabama)

9. San Francisco: Denzel Ward CB (Ohio State)

10. Oakland: Derwin James S (Florida ST)

11. Miami: Daron Payne DT (Alabama)

12. Buffalo: Josh Rosen QB (UCLA)

13. Washington: Tremaine Edmunds LB (Virginia Tech)

14. Green Bay: Harold Landry Edge (Boston College)

15. Arizona: Courtland Sutton WR (SMU)

16. Baltimore: Marcus Davenport Edge (UTSA)

17. Los Angeles (Chargers): Kolton Miller OT (UCLA)

18. Seattle: Taven Bryan DT (Florida)

19. Dallas: Roquan Smith LB (UGA)

20. Detriot: Derrius Guice RB (LSU)

21. Cincinatti: Leighton Vander Esch LB (Boise St)

22. Buffalo: Orlando Brown OT (Oklahoma)

23. Los Angeles (Rams): Arden Key Edge (LSU)

24. Carolina: D.J. Moore WR (Maryland)

25. Tennessee: Will Hernandez OG (UTEP)

26. Atlanta Falcons: ????????????

5 minutes ago, atlanta_dude said:

Uhh ... Buffalo taking 2 quarterbacks?

To be fair, they get great value on both...;)

And the answer to the question is Maurice Hurst obviously if he's healthy. If not, it's an ugly board to pick from.

Vandy likes this

5 minutes ago, FalcoChicquera said:

To be fair, they get great value on both...;)

And the answer to the question is Maurice Hurst obviously if he's healthy. If not, it's an ugly board to pick from.

Point is we are doing what we do almost every year, trading up... We aren't picking at 26 overall.

Only one CB (Ward) before #26? Lots of value then at CB with 26. I still expect buffalo or AZ will have to trade a lot further up to get a QB. I think a run on QBs early will force teams to trade up into the first 8 spots to get one of the top 4 (before Miami picks). 

I don't see any surprizes here though, and usually somewhere around 8-12 a team really reaches for someone they could've gotten in round 2-3. Much too hard to predict that sort of thing of course, but usually it's the Raiders. Hahaha. I think Gruden sticks with what took him places in his glory days though and goes with Roquan Smith at LB although if his boss has anything to do with it, they'll go after the fastest player at the Combine. 

I also agree with KoG: Barkley or bust at #1 for the Browns because he won't get past the Giants, and then a QB at 4 (and probably the third QB selected in the draft at that point). 

I think your placement of where everyone is falling is about right though.

9 hours ago, Knight of God said:

The Browns would be stupid to take anyone over Barkley

7 hours ago, celtiksage said:

Only one CB (Ward) before #26? Lots of value then at CB with 26. I still expect buffalo or AZ will have to trade a lot further up to get a QB. I think a run on QBs early will force teams to trade up into the first 8 spots to get one of the top 4 (before Miami picks). 

I don't see any surprizes here though, and usually somewhere around 8-12 a team really reaches for someone they could've gotten in round 2-3. Much too hard to predict that sort of thing of course, but usually it's the Raiders. Hahaha. I think Gruden sticks with what took him places in his glory days though and goes with Roquan Smith at LB although if his boss has anything to do with it, they'll go after the fastest player at the Combine. 

I also agree with KoG: Barkley or bust at #1 for the Browns because he won't get past the Giants, and then a QB at 4 (and probably the third QB selected in the draft at that point). 

I think your placement of where everyone is falling is about right though.

QB trumps all. If they have a guy they see as there QB for there franchise and don't see him dropping to 4, you have to pick him.

Smiler11 likes this

14 minutes ago, datchrisb1 said:

QB trumps all. If they have a guy they see as there QB for there franchise and don't see him dropping to 4, you have to pick him.

That might be true too. And I see Allen as their #1 option also. He would be mine.

16 hours ago, datchrisb1 said:

1. Cleveland: Josh Allen QB (Wyoming)

2. New York (Giants): Saquan Barkley RB (Penn State)

3. New York (Jets): Sam Darnold QB (USC)

4. Cleveland: Quenton Nelson OG (Notre Dame)

5. Denver: Minkah Fitzpatrick DB (Alabama)

6. Indianapolis: Bradley Chubb DE (NC State)

7. Tampa Bay: Vita Vea DT (Washington)

8. Chicago: Calvin Ridley WR (Alabama)

9. San Francisco: Denzel Ward CB (Ohio State)

10. Oakland: Derwin James S (Florida ST)

11. Miami: Daron Payne DT (Alabama)

12. Buffalo: Josh Rosen QB (UCLA)

13. Washington: Tremaine Edmunds LB (Virginia Tech)

14. Green Bay: Harold Landry Edge (Boston College)

15. Arizona: Courtland Sutton WR (SMU)

16. Baltimore: Marcus Davenport Edge (UTSA)

17. Los Angeles (Chargers): Kolton Miller OT (UCLA)

18. Seattle: Taven Bryan DT (Florida)

19. Dallas: Roquan Smith LB (UGA)

20. Detriot: Derrius Guice RB (LSU)

21. Cincinatti: Leighton Vander Esch LB (Boise St)

22. Buffalo: Orlando Brown OT (Oklahoma)

23. Los Angeles (Rams): Arden Key Edge (LSU)

24. Carolina: D.J. Moore WR (Maryland)

25. Tennessee: Will Hernandez OG (UTEP)

26. Atlanta Falcons: ????????????

You pray for someone wanting to move up for a QB. Baker Mayfield, Lamar Jackson and Mason Rudolph still on the board and the Saints pick next. This would be a good spot for them to pick a QB to replace Brees, so I could see some team wanting to move in front of them.

If no trade partner materializes and you're stuck with this pick.I could go a few different ways.

Tim Settle - DT

Carlton Davis - CB

Rashaan Evans - LB

Isiah Wynn - OG

Taven Bryan or trade down. I'd probably trade down, as I think Rasheem Green gives you a lot of what Bryan does at a later pick.

5 hours ago, datchrisb1 said:

You can still get a QB by the 4th pick. I doubt any of those other teams would be stupid. 

3 hours ago, Knight of God said:

You can still get a QB by the 4th pick. I doubt any of those other teams would be stupid. 

LOL, I get what you are saying. If they have there guy at QB, say it's Josh Allen, and they have there intel that tells them he's not making it past the Jets at 3 or even the Giants at 2 if they pick Saquan, then they have to take him at 1. You don't just take "a QB" in the first. That's not a position you can just do that with. That's probably what they have been doing given there history anyway. If they see franchise in Josh Allen that's it, don't matter who the running back is, if you take that running back and keep going there present condition, the cycle continues, the team is going no where and Saquan is only going to turn that team into the Lions with Barry, the Browns with Jim Brown, O.J. in Buffalo, Earl Campbell with the Oilers late years, HOF runnning back (not saying Saquan is necessarily) on a no win team. Rule 1 of team building right there, QB trumps everything, comes first before everything...

11 minutes ago, datchrisb1 said:

LOL, I get what you are saying. If they have there guy at QB, say it's Josh Allen, and they have there intel that tells them he's not making it past the Jets at 3 or even the Giants at 2 if they pick Saquan, then they have to take him at 1. You don't just take "a QB" in the first. That's not a position you can just do that with. That's probably what they have been doing given there history anyway. If they see franchise in Josh Allen that's it, don't matter who the running back is, if you take that running back and keep going there present condition, the cycle continues, the team is going no where and Saquan is only going to turn that team into the Lions with Barry, the Browns with Jim Brown, O.J. in Buffalo, Earl Campbell with the Oilers late years, HOF runnning back (not saying Saquan is necessarily) on a no win team. Rule 1 of team building right there, QB trumps everything, comes first before everything...

I'm saying, the'd be stupid to pass him up and you can still get one of those guys. Straight foolish. 

Vandy likes this