Update: coming sept 21-24th to catch the salt lake and saints games! Guessed right and booked a hotel in march for a great price! Cyall in 5 months!

Gents! Happy to say that This next season I will finally be able to fly from North Dakota to ATL and attend a Falcons home game with my son (men only trip)

I'd really appreciate any info as far as where to stay thats close to the stadium and places to eat..

the plan is to arrive on friday september 21st and hopefully go to a United game saturday and follow it up with a falcons game sunday!

@Slappywhite maybe we can finally meet up as well!

anyways any info is appreciated guys/gals.

Cant wait to finally come down. Only been waiting 20 years...

-SKER

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, socalriseup said:

i've stayed at the residence inn, in downtown a few times.

the marta station is right across the street so i can ride to the aiport and not need a rental car. the dome is only a few blocks or like 2 stops on the marta away.

good to know, didnt know marta went to the airport, that will help alot bc im not renting a car

26 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

I always stay at the Omni. It's less than a half mile walk to the stadium and you can leave your room and literally take an elevator into a food court. 

Never have to move my car while I'm in atl. Nice convenience. 

That’s where I stayed when I went to Atlanta. Nice hotel. Nirvana Burger was amazing. And there was another restaurant that had amazing breakfast food. 

I made the trip down from MI for my bday last October. The lost to the dolphins but I still had a great time in Atlanta! We stayed at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta at Centennial Olympic Park. It was walking distance from the stadium and had plenty of bars/restaurants right by the hotel too. Hope this helps & have a great time!

Go to Fox Brothers BBQ. We used to live closer to Atlanta and could attend games from time to time. Fox Brothers for the food! If you have time you can hit the Varsity or the Vortex but those are mostly for the experience. The food is Fox Brothers. More local people can probably give you better info but thats always our stop. 

9 minutes ago, revrndzombie said:

Go to Fox Brothers BBQ. We used to live closer to Atlanta and could attend games from time to time. Fox Brothers for the food! If you have time you can hit the Varsity or the Vortex but those are mostly for the experience. The food is Fox Brothers. More local people can probably give you better info but thats always our stop. 

Grew up in Little 5 points , The Vortex and Varsity were staples , and for Pizza , Athens Pizza on Claimont , 

Depending on how the schedule shakes out, I'll be in Grand Forks the day before opening game (I'll leave that for you to work out why!) and at the ATL United game on the 22nd. Hoping for a game on the 20th/23rd and two road games to open up as there are flights to Green Bay available to me, and either Cleveland/Pittsburgh.

I've still yet to visit Varsity, Fox Brothers. I usually stay downtown for a couple of nights (stopping by at Ruth's Chris and/or Maggianos) and then head out Fairburn way for cheaper rates. A friend of mine has a relative that has opened up a restaurant to the east of the city, apparently.

Last year tried out Antico by GA Tech, it was ok.